PDA

View Full Version : ULT on the way for Me

Meph
08-12-2003, 09:14 PM
Heh, that rhymed!

But called up AGD today after a 1/2 hour wait of being on hold. Placed an order at the store, getting 3 ULT's on the way and another ULE body. All for the shop except of course one ULT. That one is for me!

So hopefully by Friday I'll have it hooked up on my X-valved mag and ready to rock. I'll give pictures, of course, when it arrives and when installed. I'll need to get a digi-scale that shows how much force it requires to pull the trigger too!

AGD
08-12-2003, 09:22 PM
Sorry about the wait, we had our software consultant in today and he is 200 per hour so we cant keep him waiting.

AGD

xmetal2001
08-12-2003, 09:34 PM
Wow, Can i be your software consultant?? I'll work for 195!

Meph
08-12-2003, 09:37 PM
Haha. Nah, don't worry. I knew that if I'm on hold for that long that something more important must be happening. I know that the longest I've ever been on hold before that was 20 seconds! So anything longer than probably 2 minutes makes me think "Okay, somethings' wrong at the factory that they're fixin."

But I plan on testing this thing out and displaying it at the Rochester AO meet Tom. Along with Shatnerball, I'll be setting my A-5 and Illusion to the side and grabbing my Mag. Hopefully I can get it right the first time by luck, I really want to just toss it together without having to read all that installation stuff. I'm starting to get really lazy these days and think that manuals and installation are just the companies ideas of what you should do instead of trial and error.

Meph
08-12-2003, 09:48 PM
Oh and Tom, you're about to have an e-mail pretty soon. I have to talk to you about Shatnerball.

dinger
08-12-2003, 10:10 PM
i was wondering... how come ULTs can't be installed on e-mags or x-mags??

speeddemon
08-12-2003, 11:03 PM
Well they can as long as they fit in the valve, but I believe the problem is that with the reduced reactiveness, the on/off doesn't push the solenoid back as fast, and slows the gun down a bunch.

Meph
08-12-2003, 11:12 PM
Okay, scratch that thought. Can't find your e-mail on the net (rightfully so), and I know I lost the paperwork that I have it written down somewhere (this desk = major mess). So I'm just going to contact Mother about it.

Meph
08-15-2003, 08:03 PM
Goodie goodie. Received the Tippmann, WGP, NPS, and dum dum duuum AGD packages today. Opened them all up, categorized and labeled them. Then grabbed one specific item that I set aside.

My UL trigger pull kit! In a nice lil plastic box with a staple in it. And let me tell you, that little ****ing staple annoyed the hell out of me. I didn't want to just rip it open, because I know it'll do the Potato-Chip effect! And I couldn't find my damn scissors to cut it open. I took more effort to open the package the ULT came in than installing the ULT itself, man!

But it was well worth it. I didn't even mess with the shims, I left it alone with 2 shims in there from the factory. Took out old on/off, installed ULT, put together and gassed up.

Very nice! Light and snappy. I actually like the feel of it's reactivity with the ULT MORE than I did with just the stock on/off assembly. I can fire faster fanning now, can almost walk the trigger.

Tomorrow comes field testing, and possibly even fine tuning, adding another shim. Getting this thing to be as soft as humanly possible, while not getting that full-auto which I'm praying won't happen.

jimmyjobob
08-16-2003, 12:15 AM
just wanted to say your 'software consultant' is ripping you off. cmon.

Meph
08-16-2003, 08:57 AM
Well, depends. He might be doing some damn magical work for 200 an hour. He can't be doing a bad job, at least!

sharpshooter1286
08-16-2003, 04:16 PM
wherrrrrreee are the pics

Meph
08-16-2003, 09:02 PM
On my computer. I'm just too lazy right now to edit, crop, resize, and host them. So at least I can see them! :D

Meph
08-17-2003, 05:21 PM
After a day of use..... well. Actually after 3 games of use before I removed it! Put back in the stock on/off assembly.

Day before, just dryfired it a bit. Also shot a hopper full of paint. Shot beautifully, no problems. Come today, suddenly it's acting up.

Example, you pull 6 shots, only 3 times it actually fires. It does the "Shot pffft Shot pffft" deal.

I re-shimmed the LVL10 thinking it might be that. No luck, wasn't that. LVL10 working as designed, so that wasn't the problem.

I added ULT shims to the on/off, each one made it worse and worse. Started removing them so there wasn't even any shims left. That is when it worked best. But still, one of every 5 times I'd pull the trigger = chuff.

So I put back in the stock on/off assembly, shot fine.

I'm going to try again Tuesday (next time I can get my tank filled). See what happens. Might even break open another one of those ULT kits and try that, see what happens.