PDA

View Full Version : Why the bad rep?

FalconGuy016
08-12-2003, 10:03 PM
We all know AGD, or at least the automag, has a generally bad reputation, however getting better, but still its down there on the uneducated folk. For example, today, some team in jerseys told me mags are 4 ***s, non arguments, just that. I didnt even wanna bother getting into them, cause they'd just go off into myths that they will not change their mind on. But why though? What started the mythes? How did AGD get the rep?

jayel579
08-12-2003, 10:19 PM
its hard to answer, why the bad rep? for one, anyone who owned a classic valve in the pre-level 10 era had there learning curve on how to shoot a mag to keep from chopping, i know i chopped a many paint in my first mag.

mag players overall, i think, grow a little thicker skin cause of critic of the mag. i expect it anymore, and really dont care.

but there are also mag players that have the mentality of, "mags or die". that will gain alot of bad rep, too.

Woogie12
08-12-2003, 10:21 PM
It started back when the mag came out. It had a few chopping problems and they were fixed. I guess it's just cause the design hasn't changed they are labeled as blenders. Also, when the e-mag came out, there wasn't a loader fast enough for it so it chopped. Until there was warp and level 10.

dinger
08-12-2003, 10:26 PM
mags with a bad rep?? to me thats nonsense

to me they are the greatest things since sliced bread :D

elpimpo
08-12-2003, 10:35 PM
r u kidding me the bread with no crust now theres an invention

dinger
08-12-2003, 10:42 PM
elpimpo-

that is probably one of the best things i have heard lately. i am 100% behind you on that man, because the crust sucks. if you like the crust, then you're crust!!

Ov3rmind
08-12-2003, 10:49 PM
I think they earned the bad rep during a time when the industry was moving at full speed, and AGD... Wasn't. Keep in mind that AGD focused much more on the military side of their company until just a few years ago. At this current time in paintball, they need to and are trying to catch up on lost time and re-earn the player's repect.

xXHavokXx
08-13-2003, 12:17 AM
I know im going to get it for this.....

and because up until the Xmag, mags werent very aesthetically pleasing straight out of the box. The RT Pro looks nice but has an odd looking barrel and the rest of the mags look like grey tubes with barrels.

With having seen the Xmag, and when i go check out Skirts's mag sunday at WAP im prolly gonna want one

f3rr3+
08-13-2003, 12:25 AM
It's because we dont have elves... (shakes fist)

elpimpo
08-13-2003, 12:27 AM
gnomes are better

Albinonewt
08-13-2003, 06:11 AM
I like the people at my field that give me grief for my EMag and then shoot it. Then their mind changes...

SIGSays
08-13-2003, 07:46 AM
before the lvl 10 came out... the mags chopped like crazy... i think that's another reason why alot of people made the switch, but i stuck with them ...

Blazingace
08-13-2003, 12:46 PM
It really is a combination of things that gave the 'mag a bad name.

1. You have to admit that they are not very pretty to look at stock. I mean, gray body, black rail and carbonfiber gripframe? At the time alot of guns were beginning to get a visual appeal to them. PB was coming out of the woods and camo was replaced with colorful jerseys and guns started to have cool milling and bright colors.

2. Chopping. If you don't shoot the gun right it will break paint. Alot of players were stepping up to 'mags from tippmanns and spyders and having a problem shooting them.

3. The internet. See above problem and then put these people in an anonymous forum and let them run rampamt. "'Mags do nothing but chop." "Its heavy." You get the picture.

4. Hype. "X gun shoots farther." "Y gun shoots faster." Combine that with the internet and you can see where that is going.

5. Company policy. In the latest issue of PGI there is a picture of Joy Division. What guns do they have in their hands? 'Mags!!! Do they shoot them now? No. They got sponored by another gun manufacture.

6. Visual. Read above. With no high profile teams shooting 'mags it was only a matter of time before they became second class equipment.

Tom and AGD have gone along way to fixing these problems and I am very proud to shoot AGD products and cane the haters with them. Look at the amount of ULE bodies coming out. X-mags ULE-mags and RT-Pros. All of AGD's new product fixes all the above problems. In fact there are teams that shoot 'mags just because they want to and spread the AGD love, not to mention alittle paint on the haters.:D .