PDA

View Full Version : does gas thru foregrip serve a purpose?

stondroopy
08-13-2003, 06:32 AM
does it benefit me to use a gas through foregrip over a non gas through?ill be using comprssed air thnx for any help?

athomas
08-13-2003, 07:46 AM
Using a gas through grip keeps the hoses shorter. You won't need a hose that runs from your bottle to the back of the valve. That means it has less of a chance of getting caught on something or getting in your way when manuvering with your marker.

NJPaint
08-13-2003, 08:20 AM
To couple onto what athomas said, it also doubles the number of fittings, so it doubles the number of chances for a leak.

TheJester
08-13-2003, 09:53 AM
yea, there is 2 more air connections, but if you've put a hose on more than twice, you're usually pretty good about sealing them, i know i haven't had a leak in my mag since i got it.

Off Center
08-13-2003, 05:52 PM
The gas through could be thought of as a volumizer for your first reg (the one on your tank), so long as it's inner diameter is larger than the innner diameter of your line. In other words, it's like of reservoir of regulated air. It would be interesting to see someone test consistency at high CPS between a marker with a gas-thru, and one with macro or steel braided line.

If you get the right gas thru, it looks snazzy too.

athomas
08-13-2003, 08:16 PM
Actually, the volumizer idea works to a certain extent, especially if you have a tank with a regulator that doesn't have as high a flow rate as the requirements of the gun. It will act as a buffer in the line. Most of the time its not needed for most guns.

ICOM
08-14-2003, 12:10 AM
People use it for a nice tight profile,also maybe looks good too?

dinger
08-14-2003, 12:22 AM
also it provides a nice grip so that you can hold your gun better :)

and if the inner bore was nigger than the inner bore of the hose, it would therefore become an expansion chamber :o

stondroopy
08-14-2003, 02:34 AM
i was thinking about getting the gas thru grip from the agd store is that any good?