PDA

View Full Version : Freddy Vs Jason this Friday

Albinonewt
08-13-2003, 07:41 AM
For everyone my age or older I assume you're as excited as I am for this movie. I know it'll be terrible, but it frankly doesn't matter. For my generation this movie is as big as big gets. The two biggest horror icons from day fighting it out. The studio claims that one of the two defintly comes out a clear winner, which I think is kewl. I have purposly avoided spoilers so I can see who wins on the big screen.

Who do you think wins?

dre1919
08-13-2003, 08:49 AM
Jason no doubt. Freddy is powerful, but only if you give him that power. He can only attack you in your dreams and feeds off your fear, so without that fear he's nothing. I'm pretty sure with the messed up stuff Jason has done or thought of while attacking teens, he's not going to fear Freddy or anybody else. Besides, Jason doesn't need to sleep anyway...he just needs to kill. I think this movie will be kinda cheeseball, but very entertaining. I can't wait myself. :)

jdev
08-13-2003, 09:10 AM
i agree with dre on this one.

while I would love to see freddy take this one, as I believe that he was the scarier of the 2 icons in the 80s, it just seems that the odds are stacked against him.

if you check www.freddyvsjason.com you will see a 'tale of the tape' thing between freddy and jason. jason is much bigger, but that can be seen in any movie with him.

also, the interesting point that freddy is only in your dreams. it will be interesting to see how freddy plans to attack something that doesnt seem to sleep, let alone take a nap.

rooting for the underdog.. though im sure its jason who wins.. (hell, kane hodder isint playing jason.. so maybe the original freddy, robert eglund, will win this one! )

.joe.

dansim
08-13-2003, 09:15 AM
i got 7$ via paypal on freddy, anyone want to match?

ShooterJM
08-13-2003, 09:40 AM
Man I've been waiting for this movie forever! I'm gonna go see it on the biggest screen I can find (which happens to be a giant drive in).

Hmmm I'll put seven bucks on the fact that they kill each other.

Albinonewt
08-13-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by ShooterJM
Hmmm I'll put seven bucks on the fact that they kill each other.

The producers said that there is a clear victor.

What that means is anyone's guess though

ShooterJM
08-13-2003, 10:09 AM
Really? Sweet! Well, how's this.

I'll match the seven with jason then!

Do we just call it even if the little brats 'win' or donate it to this dude?

http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/message?forumid=9013&messageid=1060704793

dre1919
08-13-2003, 10:34 AM
If the producers gaurantee a clear cut winner, then it'll probably be Freddy. The reason I say this even though I feel Jason will win is because Jason doesn't talk. It's tough to have a victor in a big screen action movie fight not win the battle and say a clever one liner. This is like the staple of the action movie. Of course, I hope they avoid this and go with the badder and more imposing of the two...Jason. Freddy sucks in my opinion, and is overrated until you fall asleep.

MagAl
08-13-2003, 10:37 AM
There is gonna be a sequel so neither will die... most likely jason will win then freddy comes back and takes revenge in the second movie... or even visa versa I highly dought the same person will win in both movies..

ShooterJM
08-13-2003, 10:41 AM
Wooohooo Jason rules! Gimme a machete weilding, hockey mask wearing, "I've been resurected from the dead 10 times and still don't talk", crazy, hulking psychopath over some bad dream with overgrown fingernails everytime!

ASDadam
08-13-2003, 11:04 AM
Did anyone else see the interview with Robert England where he said he won't tell who wins then goes on about how maybe they will put Freddy against Chucky? Maybe a hint...maybe not.. But i got my money on Freddy. Like dre said, he's the only one who can talk, unless the studio pulls some crazy stuff and has Jason say ONE line after he defeats Freddy.

chizle97
08-13-2003, 12:17 PM
well freddy does have more of the magic element, but jason is just sweet with the machetty, plus jason atacked a bunch of paintball players in one of his movies I forget wich one. the funny thing is that niether of them can really die because they are already dead. if you remember your jason movies, in jason goes to hell, jason is pulled down into hell by the clawed hand of the one and only freddy crugar. so it wierd.

Albinonewt
08-13-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by chizle97
if you remember your jason movies, in jason goes to hell, jason is pulled down into hell by the clawed hand of the one and only freddy crugar. so it wierd.

I don't remember that.

Guess I have to rewatch it

ShooterJM
08-13-2003, 12:50 PM
I'm sorry to say the only jason movie I own is Jason X. Been looking around for a box set forever, but I don't think one even exists.

laxkid
08-13-2003, 12:53 PM
JASON will destroy freddy

rehme
08-13-2003, 12:55 PM
my money is on freddy. freddy looks hella lot cooler and has those claw like fingers.

jason just has a hocky mask and some knifes.

Did anyone else see the interview with Robert England where he said he won't tell who wins then goes on about how maybe they will put Freddy against Chucky?

well that would be preaty easy just kick him really hard :D

TraXeR
08-13-2003, 01:07 PM
ive been doing debates with peopel over msn for the past 2 weeks and now i have so many ways that jason will win its not funny. if freddy does win, well i frankly dont see how he could.

LETS GO JASON!!!

-=Squid=-
08-13-2003, 03:08 PM
I think that freddy will win, just because he is the underdog. Everybody wants jason to win, and everybody thinks jason will win. They will want to surprise the audience.

Albinonewt
08-13-2003, 03:45 PM
My best friend just said it best

"Man, this better suck. I'm gonna be so disappointed if it's good!"

chizle97
08-13-2003, 04:37 PM
well both of them are already dead! anyway of course thesse movies are super predictable but they will both be defeted, just one before the other and one or two unsespecting teenager will live to tell the story.

SpongeBobSquarePants
08-13-2003, 06:02 PM
I think I have seen every freddy and Jason movie. After watching them both if they go head to head Jason will be the clear victor. This doesnt have anything to do with hollywood but if you put them head to head Jason whould win. It want matter Jason will win and then Freddy will get revenge or vis versa

Ov3rmind
08-13-2003, 06:42 PM
I really hope Freddy wins, he's just cooler.

Warewolf50
08-13-2003, 07:27 PM
Hmm I think fredy will win, mostly because i saw a preview where freddy had Jason tied up or something.

Dryden
08-15-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by MagAl
There is gonna be a sequel so neither will die ...
Yes, because this has always been so important to the plots of the previous 17 collective movies!:rolleyes:

I think ShooterJM asked about a boxed set: I don't think you'll see one, or if so, it would not contain the entire collection. Paramount owns the rights to the name Friday the 13th, and the first 8 films were released by them.

New Line Cinema, who has always owned the Nightmare on Elm Street brand, simply used a character named Jason for their two films in the 90's, but do not actually own rights to the film franchise, so they cannot use references to Paramount's property, such as Camp Crystal Lake, etc. Notice, the two Jason films done by New Line, Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday, and Jason X, didn't use the Friday the 13th name in their title.

In fact, New Line's Jason character has nothing in common with Paramount's other than the hockey mask. New Line has wanted to do a Freddy vs Jason story since the 80's, but couldn't get Paramount's cooperation.

I expect Freddy will win the fight, especially since it's an inferior, second-hand Jason he's fighting. What's next year? Freddy vs. "here's some guy in a jump suit and white mask that vaguely resembles Michael Myers from the Halloween films".

chizle97
08-15-2003, 10:31 AM
well i aplaud you on your extensive knowlege of Crappy horror movies. Im not being sarcastic im jelouse. But Paramount sux anyway so it dosent matter. It would be sweet if Leatherface from Texas Chainsaw Massacre showed up and chainsawed both of them, even though he has no legs.

-=Squid=-
08-15-2003, 10:32 AM
ya, on one of the trailer vids freddy has jason on his knees, then slams his face with his own machete...who knows.

ShooterJM
08-15-2003, 10:37 AM
But wouldn't New line have had to secure Paramount's permission for character likeness rights? :confused:

Man that sucks....

Dryden
08-15-2003, 10:43 AM
Oops, I missed the point that New Line does have *some* rights to the franchise, just not distribution and titles. I realized after posting that in Jason goes to Hell he did actually return to Crystal Lake in the opening sequence. My bad.

The whole mess is similar to the Never Say Never Again film that Sean Connery did. It looks like James Bond, it acts like James Bond, and he is even called James Bond. But since the Broccoli family didn't license the film, it's ultimately not a Bond film.

ShooterJM
08-15-2003, 10:49 AM
*shakes fist at sky

Damn you paramount! ;)

MiniMag84
08-15-2003, 12:04 PM
I bet they both live. I just thought that maybe when the producer said there would be a clear victor he may have meant there would be a clear victor over the objective. Maybe they're not completely out to kill eachother, they just run into eachother while on the way to take a shared objective and decide to duke it out. Just a thought though. Either way I want to see the movie, all too cheesey to pass up. :D

Albinonewt
08-15-2003, 12:10 PM
I read a review on CNN and they say that there isn't a clear winner.

Curses, they better just be full of manure. (chances are very good that the CNN guys are full of it)

ShooterJM
08-15-2003, 12:25 PM
From an article CNN (not the first time they've contradicted themselves either):

But even after the writers turned in a script that satisfied the studio, the film's ending remained an elusive challenge.

"Coming up with an ending was by far the hardest part of the process," Swift notes.

The writers eventually went through nine different drafts of the script with five different endings -- ranging from a Freddy victory to a Jason victory to everywhere in between. Other writers, including "Blade" scribe David Goyer, were eventually brought in to offer their take on a final sequence.

But in a fitting Hollywood twist, the ending that eventually made the cut was penned by an unlikely source -- New Line chairman Bob Shaye, the man who greenlighted both franchises so many years ago.

"After a test screening, (the) audience reacted poorly to the ending we had originally shot, (and) Bob came in with the ending that we now have -- and I have to say it is definitely the best," Swift says.

So who wins in the final version?

The writers won't say, but they did promise one thing -- the battle between the two horror legends does end with a "clear-cut winner."

Benfica4ever
08-15-2003, 01:52 PM
JASON!!!!!!!!

WickeDKlowN
08-15-2003, 03:57 PM
I would liek to see Jason win, but it will prolly be Freddy.

I remember talk a while back(i think around the time Jason X came out?)that they wante's to make Jason have a soft side, and that's why Kane didn't wan't to do it.

Also, I saw a preview on the TV and you hear freddy say "We're in the real world now" or someehting similar, so that makes me think freddy come's back to life some how.

I want to go see this sooooo bad right now, but i hav no way to go :(

Albinonewt
08-15-2003, 07:16 PM
Yeah Shooter, I clearly remember that article, which is why I was previously convinced there was a winner. Now I'm not so sure.

I didn't even get to see it tonight.

DAMN!

MrRottenTreats
08-15-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by WickeDKlowN

I remember talk a while back(i think around the time Jason X came out?)that they wante's to make Jason have a soft side, and that's why Kane didn't wan't to do it.

Kane would have gladly played Jason. The director, Ronny Yu, wanted Jason to have a taller, thinner look though.

BTW, I saw the movie today. Best horror movie in a while.:D

y2ace
08-16-2003, 03:44 AM
Well I saw the movie and the advantage in the hand to hand combat seemed to go to whoever had the home field advantage, if they were fighting in a dream freddy had the upper hand if it was in real life jason had the upper hand. I wouldnt exactly say there is a clear cut winner but since the makes say there is there is no doubt in my mind who it is, after all hes such a badass. ;) And down here in southern cali, most of my friends and the people at the movie seemed to be rooting for freddy not jason, just an observation. But if your a fan of these movies GO SEE THIS MOVIE, the last 20 minutes are really great.

bunkermaster10
08-16-2003, 10:23 AM
I'm going with Freddy on this one, cause he's the underdawg and underdawgs usually win in movies....

gibby
08-16-2003, 11:18 AM
I think it should have been Jason vs. Michael Myers.

Warewolf50
08-16-2003, 11:50 AM
But the problem with micheal myers is that he is a normal person (just a little physco), and in H2O he got his head cut off.

-=Squid=-
08-16-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Warewolf50
But the problem with micheal myers is that he is a normal person (just a little physco), and in H2O he got his head cut off.

But they made a sequel to h20...which I didnt watch.

Warewolf50
08-16-2003, 12:39 PM
Yeah but from the previews(i had no need to see movie) I thought they said that it was a copy cat mike myers.

bunkermaster10
08-16-2003, 01:04 PM
Well for those of you that didn't see H20 she didn't cut Mikes head off it was someone else head. And he doesn't die either in the sequel to that. So ya he still is up and going.

Warewolf50
08-16-2003, 01:15 PM
Whos head does she cut off. I thought i remembered him coming out of the body bag, her hitting the brakes, him going threw the windshield, her hitting him and then pinning him to a tree with the van, and then cutting his head off with an axe.

bunkermaster10
08-16-2003, 01:17 PM
I think it was a Cop. And the cop had like Mikes mask on or whatever he has on he's face.... So she cut it off. To the sequel he gets burned in a house and stuff, but he ends up living again .:rolleyes:

Warewolf50
08-16-2003, 02:46 PM
Ok, i havent seen the newest one.

Slipknot 71045
08-16-2003, 04:26 PM
I saw the movie friday, and I thought it sucked. It was WAY too predicdable. It ended up being like another freddy movie about him coming back,but they add jason in there to kill some people. Plot was lame,the ending was lame,and I got bored after 15 minutes. It was kinda funny though becuase every white girl triped while runing from Jason. The fight sences were pretty cool,but other than that I didnt like it.

GhillieGuy
08-17-2003, 07:00 PM
I loved this movie, man jason is strong!:D But i felt like the producers favored freddy a little. The sucky thing was that at the end when the best fight scene came on the movie turned to previews!:eek: :mad: :( :mad: :mad:

GhillieGuy
08-17-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by bunkermaster10
I think it was a Cop. And the cop had like Mikes mask on or whatever he has on he's face.... So she cut it off. To the sequel he gets burned in a house and stuff, but he ends up living again .:rolleyes:
This is the srory, in H2O after Jamie Lee Curtis kileed mike, he got up and strangled a cop. He broke the cops air pipe so he couldnt talk and he put his mask and clothes on him. So the cop couldnt talk and therefore she cut his head off. H20 was the best halloween ever!