PDA

View Full Version : X-Mag to Timmy

WilliamEric
08-13-2003, 08:21 AM
Wellllll.....it's official. Sold my X-Mag and bought a Intimidator. I dunno, hard to explain, but I guess I jsut wasn't impressed with the ROF achievable in comparison to the other top of the line guns (Angels, Timmys, Trixs), so I got a gun in which I AM impressed with. Anyone else buy an X-Mag and then immidiately trade or sell for something else?

<B>*Warning: Sig too big. Only one sig pic*</B> -Miscue

wyn1370
08-13-2003, 08:22 AM
yep
got a dragon timmy after I sold my X
it's been almost a year, and I'm not one bit sorry I did it

Jack & Coke
08-13-2003, 08:57 AM
Different strokes for different folks... :)

BartManSr
08-13-2003, 09:27 AM
I just sold my Dragon Timmy (black to blue fade) with all of the latest and greatest upgrades. The Timmy was a great marker.

My Xmag (pewter) will be coming in any day now. I'm looking forward to it. My first marker was a Mini Mag eight years ago and it's still working great.

Marek
08-13-2003, 09:40 AM
Sold my SFL for a Timmy. Don't regret doing it either.

Vegard
08-13-2003, 10:27 AM
I dumped my cnc x-mag to get a racegun, no regret what so ever for doing it, what I do regret was dumping my blue\black dragon timmy to get the hyped x-mag in the first place...

BartManSr
08-13-2003, 10:39 AM
You guys are getting me worried now. I hope I won't be sorry later.

dcmander
08-13-2003, 10:45 AM
Yah really. Vegard's black xmag looked tight. I want a black matching trigger.

FalconGuy016
08-13-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by BartManSr
You guys are getting me worried now. I hope I won't be sorry later.

Dont worry yet lol, 95% of the owners love them...

JAM
08-13-2003, 12:35 PM
The XMags are awesome. I just thought mine was not worth the crazy $$. ACE didn't do anyhting for me, I only use one type of loader, so the breech was useless to me. I got a Speed that was WAY WAY WAY faster. too fast, sold it and have been rockin' a mechanical Works cocker for awhile now. haven't gunwhored in a long time.

The only gun i really really miss is the EMag that I sold to get the X.

an aluminum one-piece bodied EMag with XValve and smaller battery- that's where it's at.

SlipknotX556
08-13-2003, 02:32 PM
Hey, I would have sold an xmag to get a timmy, but I dont have an Xmag, I just have a timmy....

But I did sell my emag to get the timmy, I am glad I did. :)

Marek
08-13-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by JAM
The only gun i really really miss is the EMag that I sold to get the X.

an aluminum one-piece bodied EMag with XValve and smaller battery- that's where it's at.

Do you have any pics of it? I don't think I've ever heard or seen a gun like you just described.

Taco
08-13-2003, 05:02 PM
timmys r betta

Marek
08-13-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by JT2002
lol u tard, he was saying an emag wiht that stuff would be better than the x's

what the hell are you talkin about? or to who for that matter. Having your own discussion with yourself? Just don't answer back, because then you have problems.

Jack & Coke
08-13-2003, 06:03 PM
"Can we all just get along?"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/955000/images/_957612_king150.jpg

smilestyler
08-13-2003, 06:04 PM
jt20002; what about microEmags, with a rigged battery??:p

JT2002
08-13-2003, 06:36 PM
micro e is no good. :D . so hey jack and coke, you took the time to post that. and i know you own an x/e mag, as well as a timmy. so why dont you share us your thought on each, looking at every aspect ;) :D

Jack & Coke
08-13-2003, 07:07 PM
Sure, I "own" an EMAG... but I don't actually "have" an EMAG... yet;)

*crosses fingers new TUNA EMAX arrives soon*

:p

As far as the Timmy is concerned, it's like any marker, it has a ton of GREAT qualities and features, and a few hang ups that could be improved upon.

I'll be able to comment on how the two guns compare maybe in a couple of weeks...

JT2002
08-13-2003, 07:16 PM
yes please do. since i am really considering holding off on an x and getting an empire timmy

Digits
08-13-2003, 08:22 PM
Timmies remind me of spyders.. Just the way the forgrip is.. And in the manual it says something about it being like a spyder lol.. But to each his own..

Personally.. I'd take an e-bladed cocker over anything.. My brothers eblade is kickass and I hope I can get one soon :D

Marek
08-13-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by JT2002
i was talkin to you!!! ^^^^^ mr tardo. there is no such thing as an emag with smaller batt and body/ rail as one. the guy who posted that was saying that that would be a sweet setup. so there are no pictures, learn to read

I'm sorry, but who are you? Mr. Tardo huh? Wow, I am so offended, I don't think I can handle the childish insult from a mindless drone. :rolleyes:

Hey genius, wake up, it's called custom jobs. People do that from time to time with guns to make original guns. Now, the way it was written implies that the gun that he had was that, an alum. one piece body blah blah blah. I took it as face value and that's it. I interpreted that the way it was written face value and I was wrong. Now, why don't you stop being an idiot and back off. I have no idea who you are, and the most you could have said was that it doesn't exist and that it is a concept that he would like. I am sorry, but I do not keep up with mags at all, so I have no idea what is out there on the market. Of course your reply would be predictable and say, why do I post here? Because I thought there were intelligent people that didn't post trash. Of course there are always exceptions (yes, that means you) to rules.

Now run along onto your little yellow bus, eat some crayons and braid your bathroom buddies hair while you go to school. I'm done with you and your worthless posts. Have a great day.

WilliamEric
08-13-2003, 11:02 PM
You two totally hijacked my thread for your own "fighting" needs.

JT2002
08-13-2003, 11:10 PM
ok sorry, id liek to keep the thread going. so i will now delete all of those posts. hopefully the other guy will too

Steelrat
08-13-2003, 11:14 PM
I actually held a timmy for the first time today. It felt...odd. Sort of flimsy. But the trigger felt awfully familiar (I have a Viking). Since the timmys are all basically the same, with variations in milling, I would have to say they represent a better value than the Xmag. And timmys certainly perform well enough.

JT2002
08-13-2003, 11:21 PM
i see an empire timmy or xmag in my future :D
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=966468

Steelrat
08-13-2003, 11:24 PM
Get a viking and pocket the change? Get a bank account and stop storing the money on your floor? Wad the money up into a roll to impress the chicks?

JT2002
08-13-2003, 11:24 PM
:D :D sry for double post

Steelrat
08-13-2003, 11:27 PM
Is the Intimidator milled or cast? Cause it sure looked more cast than milled to me. But Im no expert...

JT2002
08-13-2003, 11:34 PM
the empire one? lol no bro, Cast? WHat world are u living on lol. theyre 3d milled C&Cm thats why manike has one of the first ones :D

Steelrat
08-13-2003, 11:39 PM
I figured it was milled, it just felt, I dunno, odd . Its hard to describe. Is it milled from one piece of aluminum, because it didnt look that way.

BTW I went to Delta, Bob Long's store, and asked about the Empire and the new Timmys. They looked at me with blank stares, and said noting was going to be out for a while. Hmmm...

JT2002
08-13-2003, 11:47 PM
yeah, they say prob not till close to xmas, maybey ill hit the xmag now. or just order one, and live with no gun for a few months, oh wait, that is dantes description of he!! "living with no paintball gun for several months" :D i dont really want a viking.

Steelrat
08-13-2003, 11:49 PM
Thats cool. If everyone wanted the same gun it'd be a boring sport.

WilliamEric
08-14-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Digits
Timmies remind me of spyders..

Yeah, and Angels kinda remind me of Talons...:rolleyes:

Jack & Coke
08-14-2003, 12:22 AM
If I remember correctly, Terry59 (Bob's main traveling tech) said that all Intimidator bodies are milled from solid blocks of aluminum... except for the GZ. The GZ body is extruded (Think Playdough).

Cast bodies (i.e. M98) can not have fine threads (i.e. cocker threads).

Cast aluminum = less $$$, however also = poor precision alignment.

That is why the M98 barrel threads are so big...

Sometimes some Timmy's with clamshell's feel "cheap", because the grip is not from a solid block of aluminum. They are two halves held together by screws. Not as "solid" of a feel, but much, much, easier to work on.

WilliamEric
08-14-2003, 12:30 AM
Jack and Coke-

Just wondering, what kind of Timmy do you have and which gun do you prefer to play with (timmy or e-mag before sending it away or wutever you did)>?

WilliamEric
08-14-2003, 12:33 AM
Off topic, directed towards Jack & Coke- Holy cow, just read your profile. I practice Gracie Jui-Jitsu too (under Alexander Ribeio, Saulo's bro)! Thats tight. Do you post on Sherdog.com?

Jack & Coke
08-14-2003, 12:53 AM
This is my Timmy: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90642&highlight=GZ

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=888910

Original = 2k1 GZ Timmy (Bead Blasted Gun Metal Gray)

After the follwing upgrades...

- Gloss Black anno job on the Body
- Gloss Black Clamy Frame (w/LCD)
- Duel Front reg Block
- Claming feed neck
- CP adjustable ram cap
- Equalizer

The gun is super fast, and super EASY to walk the trigger... I love it! :)

GJJ:

I started at the Gracie Academy in Torrance under Rorion and Royce in 1993.

I've practiced on and off since. I've trainned mostly under Royce and Caique (before they split up:().

For the last few years, I've only trainned with friends in our garage.

Like any hobby, interests and priorities change. Now, I'm most into paintball, photography, and ESPECIALLY my family (I'm married and have a 4 month old boy). I havn't lost the itch to roll though...:) I still occationally roll with my buddies, but I can tell I'm a little rusty from lack of mat time. What I'm really looking forward to is trainning my boy!!!

Zhou Zhitsu!
Zhou Zhitsu!
Zhou Zhitsu!
Zhou Zhitsu!
Zhou Zhitsu!

Now go train Jiu-Jitsu!
;)

*Return to thread topic*

Marek
08-14-2003, 01:23 AM
Jack and Coke

I...............Love..............your............ .gun. *tear*

Thats a 2k1? I thought 2k1 were Classics?

FooTemps
08-14-2003, 01:29 AM
oh man... I shot both an emag and a timmy... it's so hard to decide, they both had really nice feeling triggers but I only dryfired both of them.

Jack & Coke
08-14-2003, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Marek
Jack and Coke

I...............Love..............your............ .gun. *tear*

Thats a 2k1? I thought 2k1 were Classics?

Last part of 2001.

In August of 2001, I got to shoot Quincy's GZ right before it was released ("Q" was on BL Ironmen) This "new" timmy was the Ground Zero Intimidator. The 2002 Body didn't come out till many, many, months later. After that, they modified the GZ 45 grip frame so it was easier to access all the internals. Then, they called it the 2K2 GZ. The main differences between the 2K1 and 2K2 GZ are the trigger, the meat of the frame around the trigger, and clamshell style access to the internals of the 45 frame. Mine is the original style GZ - hense 2K1. :)