PDA

View Full Version : My pumpmag needs ur help!

Otis
08-13-2003, 10:41 AM
i recently got my pump mag. the problem is when i gas it up there is a slight leak down the barrel when the gun isn't cocked. why is this?? i've replaced the power tube oring allready

question.2 i'm not sure if i have a all the parts of the pump kit? i know i have everything externally. .. i have the wave spring and what looks to be a home made black bumper. Is this correct?

question.3 sumtimes when i cock the gun if i don't pump hard enough the gun sort of short strokes i'm not touching the trigger while this happens..

question.4 is thsi thing spose to be this damn hard to pump or (cock) or what ever.

question.5 does anyone know where i can get one of those longer bolts so i can put a forgrip as well as the pumpkit on.

question.6 does it matter what bolt i use? long nose ? short nose? lvl10? ans phase 2?

i own a minimag too so i can work with mags.
if u guys can help please do thanx, alot matt

sniper1rfa
08-13-2003, 11:08 AM
try a new mainspring, the other one could be worn, which would cause both of your issues.

Strider
08-13-2003, 11:16 AM
1 - Do you have different size power tube spacers? That might help. I heard once that the pumpkit came with a specific size, though I don't know it. (I never had that problem)

2 - Sounds right. The bumper should sit *inside* the wave spring if cut up properly. It's to center the spring, not sit behind like normal bumpers.

3 - Hard pump stroke? Not sure here... If I point the barrel to the sky with mine and give it a good jolt it cocks. :D

Anytime I short stroked it was because my pumprod was still back where it touches the bolt, and the bolt got stuck on it. Make sure to bring the pumparm back to it's rest point.

4 - No. Do you have a stock pump body? Or did it get cut by someone? Could be your pump rod is scraping the side of the body when going into the breach.

Afraid I'm not much help here, as mine came super light.

5 - Nope. Mine came with one long enough to fit my foregrip.

6 - Nope. I have a L7 bolt in my classic valve, and I sometimes throw my LX XValve in for fun. Both work great.

Check out the Instructions (http://www.airgun.com/Images/rtblowup.pdf)

Hey, your on Canadian Mayhem, if your still having problems with the Pumpmag by September TOC, bring it along, and I'll have a look. :)

Oh, and a pic of mine, just because: :D
http://www.thestrider.com/Paintball/2003-08-10_PumpmagX.jpg

Otis
08-13-2003, 11:21 AM
thanx, strider..

canadian mayhem at TOC??? were int he pets series this year?

is there another canadian mayhem at the toc events???

(geezz not this agian)...

Otis
08-13-2003, 11:23 AM
oh yerha and i actually did try changing the springs

Dayspring
08-13-2003, 11:36 AM
You have an X-Valved Pump mag?! How's that work for you?

Strider
08-13-2003, 01:29 PM
Woops, no I was thinking of Canadian Impact. Theres also several teams called Mayhem there too, I guess I mixed them up with you...

XValve on my pumpmag works great! Works the same as my classic valve, only lighter and with LX. :D

I usually use my Classic Valve, but for photo ops ya gotta break out the nice stuff! :D

Koosh
08-13-2003, 09:05 PM
(questions in no particular order)

I know my pump kit was hard to pump until I got the cocking rod put in it, that seemed to have lifted it off the pump post or something, because afterwards it became really light

And the black bumper IS inside the wavespring, right? if it wasn't then the wave spring could be too far forward, making it harder to pump and causing that slight leak.

My pump kit also game with a long Screw to fit my foregrip too... don't know where you'd get one.

And the only thing I'm missing is a retrovalve for my Pump mag. I have the fastest-slowest firing gun out here! Mine's warpfed along with an Autoresponse trigger frame which everyone told me wouldn't work with the pump kit, and it works great...

What happens is it really only works with the "first" trigger pull. If I pull the trigger, hold it back, then pump and release, then it recocks and I won't have to pump again for the First pull again, but after that it acts like a normal pump mag.

When using LX, do you guys get any weird noises? It works and fires fine, but when I fire it, it shoots the ball then sounds like it lets out just a little more air in a squeeling noise. Weird, I'll just blame the AR frame...

Strider
08-13-2003, 09:13 PM
I haven't had any problems with LX.

Well, other than my XValve didn't want to play pump tonight. Kept resetting itself... Ah well.

ChucktheMAGician
08-13-2003, 09:33 PM
I'm not sure how to fix a pump mag but you guys have some nice ones! If there isn't a pump mag pic thread one of you should start one:)

Otis
08-13-2003, 11:33 PM
still having problems?
.. i cut down the bumper som it'd fit inside the wave spring still leaks down the barrel and the 4 mm which are used to cock the gun is still really hard and if u don't do it hard enough then farts and leaks and doesn't cock.

please help thanx, though.. matt

Otis
08-13-2003, 11:40 PM
can some one tell me what this bumper is spose to look like? dimensions..?
colour? (color for u Americans)
is it soft hard like the blue ones or what?
or is it liek the rt ones..?
thanx

Strider
08-14-2003, 09:40 AM
Here is a good resource: http://www.pentestone.com/paintball/MagPump.html

It's got some visuals on what RP (and me too) did with their bumper.

Try this for me. Remove your valve, but keep your rod installed. Look down the back of the body so you can see your pump rod. Pull it back, is there any resistance? Does the rod scrape the side of the body as it enters the open area?

Also, if you remove the wave spring, does it leak at all? (In Semi Mode)

Otis
08-16-2003, 05:10 PM
the gun doens't leak in semi.. but i tryed to cut a blue bumper and i had no success it kept going into semi on it's own. theres no resistance i figure otu what that was the bumber was too big and now that i cut it down it doesn't work. i dunnno i'm thinking of giving up.

cougar20th
08-16-2003, 07:43 PM
what i did when my cut blue bumper stoped working was got a clear rt bumper and used it as is. works fine for me.

as for a pumpmag thread. the closest i could find was this. http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=93602