PDA

View Full Version : Idiots shooting people with paintball guns get real bullets in return!

Tubby_Ninja
08-13-2003, 05:32 PM
PITTSBURGH-August 13, 2003 — Two teens who drove around Pittsburgh shooting passers-by with paintball guns were shot with real bullets for apparently targeting the wrong group, police said.
Tracey Smedley, 19, was treated at UPMC Presbyterian hospital's emergency room and released Tuesday, said spokeswoman Jocelyn Uhl. She could not provide a condition for an unidentified 17-year-old.

Smedley, the 17-year-old and an 18-year-old man drove around a city neighborhood armed with paintball guns and wearing helmets and paintball vests, Pittsburgh police Lt. Philip Dacey said.

During their drive, the teens pelted children at a playground and shot at another group down the street, Dacey said.

When the teens turned around to tell the group on the street they were only shooting paintballs, someone returned fire with a gun, peppering the driver's side of the car with more than a dozen bullets, Dacey said.

Smedley was shot in the left arm, while the 17-year-old was hit in the buttocks. The teens then drove themselves to the hospital, Dacey said

rikkter
08-13-2003, 05:39 PM
serves them right.
but i dont wish to things such as that happen to them, but they had it coming.

chizle97
08-13-2003, 05:40 PM
hahahah he got shot in the butt!

Ov3rmind
08-13-2003, 06:21 PM
Since they didn't die, I'll just laugh at them. Morons.

personman
08-13-2003, 06:26 PM
LOL LOOSERS!
Dude thats so awesome if I saw that in person I would be rolling on the street laughing.. I hope the kids playing on the playground saw it too :D

darklord
08-13-2003, 06:30 PM
Poetic justice... I love it.

magking1971
08-13-2003, 06:32 PM
How is that? oh ya, stupid should hurt!!

SIGSays
08-13-2003, 07:53 PM
they got what they deserve... just the hitting kids on the playground is horrible... i would never do that

Digits
08-13-2003, 08:01 PM
they should of died :rolleyes:

nastymag
08-13-2003, 08:09 PM
it would have sucked if one of them would have died ... because then they wouldnt have learned their lesson .. i dont think they will be shooting at people anymore.

but since they didnt die .. all i can say they got what they had coming.

an another note .. why the hell would they turn around to tell the group they where only shooting paintballs ?

Digits
08-13-2003, 08:14 PM
^^

they probablly told the cops/press that to try and cover there asses a bit

Halliday
08-13-2003, 08:21 PM
"Hey, let's go drive around ghetto Pittsburgh and shoot people with paintballs!"
"Yeah that'll be cool!"
"Heheheh."

Pop pop
BANG BANG!

"Hey, no over shooting!"

They should be glad the guys with the 9's didn't try to bunker them!

50 cal
08-13-2003, 08:47 PM
Now they will probably cry to their Mommies (and lawyers), "That wasn't nice of them to shoot back! Waaaaaa!"

Tunaman
08-13-2003, 08:51 PM
and the one kid "teen" was 19 and a legal adult. He should do 15 yrs with no parole for taking the younger kid along on such a dispicable act. :mad: :mad: :mad:

mag-hatter
08-13-2003, 08:58 PM
lemme guess, on the news, they're going to mix it up and say that it was paintball guns that sent the two to the hospital...damn media

thecavemankevin
08-13-2003, 09:02 PM
you knew it would happen sooner or later

Bad_Dog
08-13-2003, 09:27 PM
heh,

armed with paintball guns and wearing helmets and paintball vests

atleast they were wearing masks...???

*sarcasm on* yyyyeeeeeaaaahhhhh *sarcasm off*

once again, they probably just told police that to try and cover thier butts.

and if they were, good for them, atleast theyre not 100% stupid...

Tubby_Ninja
08-13-2003, 09:32 PM
This would make the worlds best "OWNED!!" video.

ZAust
08-13-2003, 10:22 PM
i didnt know that gene pool was THAT shallow in pennsylvania!

gamarada717
08-13-2003, 10:28 PM
Lol, that reminded me of Bad Boys 2 where it does the slow mo of the bullet and stuff. The expression on his face was priceless.

Muzikman
08-13-2003, 10:31 PM
A little better article. And who ever said "Driving around the ghetto" was right. This was in a pretty shady part of town.

http://www.post-gazette.com/neigh_city/20030813paintball0813p5.asp

Paint-ball prank ends in hail of real bullets

Wednesday, August 13, 2003

By Nate Guidry, Post-Gazette Staff Writer

Three teens with paint-ball guns terrorized children in a small playground in Garfield yesterday afternoon, but two of them ended up shot for real when they then aimed their paint balls at another group of people. Two of the teens also were arrested for drug possession.

Tracy Smedley 19, and a 17-year-old identified only as Ronald were at UPMC Presbyterian last night with gunshot wounds. When they were apprehended, Smedley was carrying heroin and the third teen, Trai Wilson, 18, had crack cocaine and was charged with possession.

All three will also be a cited for carrying loaded paint-ball guns in the vehicle. Except for Smedley, police do not think the names the teens gave are correct.

At around 4 p.m., Pittsburgh police Lt. Philip Dacey said, the three teens, armed with paint-ball guns and wearing helmets and paint-ball vests, drove down North Evaline Street in a white Ford. When they got to Broad Street, they began to pepper the small playground there with paint balls, striking several youngsters.

At that point, Dacey said, the teens turned left on Broad, drove down the street and opened fire on another group of people.

Dacey said one teen told him the trio then turned around and went back to tell the people it was only paint, when someone in the group opened fire with a real gun, riddling the driver's side of the car with more than a dozen bullets.

Dacey said Smedley was shot in the left arm and Ronald was struck in the buttocks. The teens then drove themselves to West Penn Hospital and the two were later transported to UPMC Presbyterian, he said.

A witness, who wanted to be identified only as John, said he phoned 911 after he saw the teens open fire on the playground with the paint balls.

"It sounded like a machine gun," he said. "There were many kids playing in the park. After they finished shooting, the vehicle turned left on Broad. I was on the phone with 911 when I heard the shots from a real gun. Then I saw the vehicle speeding down Broad."

When the teens started spraying the playground with paint balls, 12-year-old Satera Smalls, who was shot in the thigh of her left leg, said she was on the swings.

"I saw the car creeping toward the park," she said. "Then I heard the shots and I ran toward the slide. I felt a sting in my leg and after a few moments it stopped hurting."

Satera, who said there were more than 20 children in the park when the shooting began, said the same vehicle had been circling the park on Monday.

"I'm afraid to let her go back to the park now," said her mother, Cynthia Smalls. "This makes me very upset."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nate Guidry can be reached at nguidry@post-gazette.com or 412-263-3865.

AutomagBoy
08-13-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Tubby_Ninja
This would make the worlds best "OWNED!!" video.
ahahahahahahaha

Halliday
08-13-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Muzikman
A little better article. And who ever said "Driving around the ghetto" was right. This was in a pretty shady part of town.

Ha. I knew it. It all add up.

1) People don't go riding around fancy homes shooting paintballs.
2) Generally people are not well armed in said fancy home areas.
3) I was born in PA :P

minnimag
08-13-2003, 10:56 PM

http://www.post-gazette.com/neigh_city/20030813paintball0813p5.asp

Paint-ball prank ends in hail of real bullets

Wednesday, August 13, 2003

By Nate Guidry, Post-Gazette Staff Writer

another group of people.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nate Guidry can be reached at nguidry@post-gazette.com or 412-263-3865.

AKA local gang hehe

i would say these punks got what they deserved, however i wouldn't want them to get killed because thats a bit excessive but i bet anyone who is thinking about the same thing will think a bit longer about shooting a paintball gun out of cars now.

DWill
08-13-2003, 11:40 PM
They definately got what they deserved with a ironic twist. I hope that the kids at the playground didn't get hit in the facial area, eyes, ears, throat or temple.

Infratracide
08-13-2003, 11:46 PM
Crack and heroine will do that to people. To bad menatly compramised people can't read. That article would make a good warning to idiots trying to destroy our sport.

speeddemon
08-14-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by ZAust
i didnt know that gene pool was THAT shallow in pennsylvania!

I think its drying up.

And yes, they deserve what they got. They got shot, and arrested.

Ov3rmind
08-14-2003, 12:26 AM
Props to whoever Nate Guidry is for writing that article, no where did he make paintball itself look bad. Even from the little girl's description who got hit, they didn't make it sound like "a horrible battle wound" that some media groups tend to do. Once again, those idiots got what they deserved, but unfortunately it wont set a lesson for all the others who do these stupid things.

Tubby_Ninja
08-14-2003, 01:05 AM
When the teens started spraying the playground with paint balls, 12-year-old Satera Smalls, who was shot in the thigh of her left leg, said she was on the swings.

"I saw the car creeping toward the park," she said. "Then I heard the shots and I ran toward the slide. I felt a sting in my leg and after a few moments it stopped hurting."

---------------------------------

I'm embarassed to say this little girl is tougher than me.

yeahthatsme
08-14-2003, 01:27 AM
they were some high-teens trying to get some laughs :rolleyes: i think its hilarious that they got shot for real and i hope they go to jail too.

Albinonewt
08-14-2003, 06:16 AM
What a pack of morons.

They should thank their stars they didn't do that in my neighborhood. I carry something a lot bigger then a 9, and I'm a much better shot...

jdev
08-14-2003, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by magking1971
How is that? oh ya, stupid should hurt!!

exactly, stupid should hurt. definite future canidates for the darwinism award if they keep this up.

Originally posted by Halliday
"Hey, let's go drive around ghetto Pittsburgh and shoot people with paintballs!"
"Yeah that'll be cool!"
"Heheheh."

Pop pop
BANG BANG!

"Hey, no over shooting!"

They should be glad the guys with the 9's didn't try to bunker them!

that would have been great. one of them came right over the hood of the car and dumped a clip or "hopper" if you will right into the windshield.

they definitely got what they deserved. no pity for them..

sbpyro
08-14-2003, 06:39 AM
Unfortunately they live to further degrade the gene pool in PA. I hope they get some nice jail time for opening up on ppl near a park. THey got lucky that the little kids that did hit didn't get hit in the eyes. I'd like to blame the drugs but sometimes the stupidity is worse than drugs.

Thordic
08-14-2003, 07:15 AM

That little girl has is tougher than half the people I see playing this sport :)

Echez09
08-15-2003, 12:05 PM
Too bad they didnt drive by my house

http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/Images/pcwa2y16sl.jpg :D :D :D

Impuls
08-15-2003, 12:53 PM
I'm about to go to my local shop to help make a presentation to show school principals about paintball so we can have a high school paintball league. And here you have more dumb folks making paintball look bad. Making my job so much harder. Got what they deserved.

RiddalinJunkie08
08-15-2003, 07:32 PM
****, more bad publicity for the sport. thats why there are so many people against paintball.
but the dumbasses got what they had coming.
-Mark-

Albinonewt
08-15-2003, 09:13 PM
Fortunately these paticular morons had drugs, which most people understand that anything a druggie does doesn't reflect on the activity

Nomad
08-16-2003, 05:29 AM
Good riddance I say, they had it coming from a mile away.

They should thank their stars they didn't do that in my neighborhood. I carry something a lot bigger then a 9, and I'm a much better shot...

Too bad they didnt drive by my house

And some people wonder why the stereotype of the paintball player is military nut case. :D

Seriously, no, just no. Claiming something like that and being proud of it? Dudes, whether the morons deserve it or not (and I do think they derserve it), that's still not a good reason for an execution. Morons can be educated (most of the time...) .

Albinonewt
08-16-2003, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by Nomad
Seriously, no, just no. Claiming something like that and being proud of it? Dudes, whether the morons deserve it or not (and I do think they derserve it), that's still not a good reason for an execution. Morons can be educated (most of the time...) .

Proud that should anyone threaten me or my family I can send them to the morg rather then them sending my wife there. Absolutly.

But, as for shooting these kids. IF on the street, in the dark, i hear anything resemebling gunshots and ballistic projectiles start headed my way I return fire. If somehow I knew for absolute certain that it was a paintball gun then I seriously doubt I'd return fire (just turn and cover my eyes). But that a chance I don't take on a dark ally.

And why shouldn't we by and large be mostly pro military type people? We like to fo into the woods and hunt each other with guns.

Doesn't sound to me like the local meet of the Rotary CLubs bake off

And I'll bet taking a round in the rear educated these guys!

JesseB
08-16-2003, 11:42 AM
Holy crap thats funny... Who would shoot at people who are in the ghetto in broad daylight, and then come back.... lmao..

If anyone comes by flinging paint in my neighborhood again I'll wait till they get down the street and let the .223 do the rest of the work. See how they like their car getting riddled with hornadys.

Echez09
08-16-2003, 01:15 PM
And some people wonder why the stereotype of the paintball player is military nut case.

Excuse Me?

Echez09
08-16-2003, 01:20 PM
Proud that should anyone threaten me or my family I can send them to the morg rather then them sending my wife there. Absolutly.

Ditto

srrdude
08-16-2003, 03:43 PM
ya know.. i think the morons were actually telling the truth....and from the sounds of it they didnt have much *** left to cover.