PDA

View Full Version : SoCal/NorCal Magic Mountain Poll

RoadDawg
08-13-2003, 08:08 PM
I've decided to take a poll so we can see if there is interest in the NorCal vs SoCal game down near Magic Mountain. Granted it is quite a drive for the NorCal players. Anyone interested? The Coke deal ends on Oct 13th so it would have to be then. Well onto the voting.

TooDamnSweet
08-13-2003, 09:15 PM
I'd love to go!!! But it depends on gibby's work schedule and the date (I can't go if it's on Oct. 4th).

Hopefully enough ppl will want to go, it'll be a blast. Gibby got me to go on X at Magic Mountain this past Sunday and since I didn't pass out, throw up, or loose any limbs I guess I enjoyed it....a little. LOL

ZAust
08-13-2003, 10:15 PM
ugh.. im just not willing to drive that far, especially during school. thatd be a lot of driving and not enough playing.

Steelrat
08-13-2003, 10:31 PM
I agree, thats just to far to be practical for most people. However, depending on public reaction, I may be able to do something...

Isnt there someplace closer to the midpoint? Or is there something special going on at magic mountain, like this "coke" promotion?

gibby
08-13-2003, 10:55 PM
I believe Frightfest is happening around that time? It's when they convert MM into a big haunted theme park. But I do agree, it's quite a drive for you NorCal players. :(

Steelrat
08-13-2003, 11:00 PM
Yeah, and frankly I don't want to be near magic mountain, too tempting. I may just ditch the paintball to go there.

RoadDawg
08-14-2003, 12:07 AM
For those interested Frightfest info off the website:
SIX FLAGS FRIGHT FEST - 10/04 - 10/31
It's an Xtreme Park Spooktacular this October! Fright Fest offers loads of costumed ghosts and ghouls, hair raising live shows, electrrifying street entertainers, monstrous mazes and a special area just for kids!
October 4-5, 10-12, 17-19, 24-26, 31!

It's a sweet place to go and the spook alleys are actually kinda freaky. Well if your not fond of clowns anyway. So far the general census is it's too far for the NorCal players. Not that I blame them 6+hrs on the road does stink. So far I'm thinking we'll have to make another date for the NorCal vs SoCal get together.

Z-man
08-14-2003, 12:44 AM
I have been searching still for this elusive middleground field in the San Luis area. I might drive down to MM but this is only because of my freedom from College. I still thing that it would be better to find a middle grouns field. If we did a field that was far South you would end up with 80% SoCal guys on only a few of the most hardcore NorCal guys.

Hey.. that might be what they are trying to do! Trying to thin out the NorCal lines eh? Someone must have told you how fast and how much I shoot!

RoadDawg
08-14-2003, 12:49 AM
Well what I'm thinking is that if we can get some hardcore teams together we could do one day every 6 months up there and one day the other 6 months down here.*thanx RF for the idea* :p

ZAust
08-14-2003, 01:38 AM
its not just 6 hours on the road, its 6 hours on highway 5, and i really dont wanna do that. if we did play in, say, san luis obispo, i may be able to make it down there.

gibby
08-14-2003, 06:15 AM
Well, looks like things are split. Again, the suggestion for the pb/frightfest event is just that...we can still plan out another meeting where it is still in neutral grounds. :)

No plans to thin out the NorCal group. That would only limit the amount of targets I get to aim at. ;)

Anyway, however this turns out, I'll do my best to make sure I'm there. :)