PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a Sheridan XTS handle

hotsn16
08-13-2003, 11:29 PM
Hey guys...i decided to take apart a sharidan xts handle...and when i took it apart...i wasnt able to see how it was put back together because when i took it apart the springs jumped. SO i was wondering if any of you guys knew how to put the trigger handle back together..or if you knew a link that had some blow up pictures of some sort. thanx

personman
08-13-2003, 11:57 PM
If you took a pic I could number the springs and stuff and show you where they went, but I cant really explain it to you. Try to use common sence and see fi you can put it together that way.. it worked for me, just keep attaching springs randomally and you got it! :D

hotsn16
08-14-2003, 12:54 AM
I know i tried that....i have four little pegs and two springs and a black cap, a trigger and the roller. i put the single spring next to the trigger...and the trigger where it should be. i have the roller by the upper two pins..and then i have a spring that has a hook and a holder it looks. and i just cant get the stupid thing to close. i tried it like 50 times!!! can u try to explain it, lol like take apart urs and then tell me. i would greatly greatly appreciate it

personman
08-14-2003, 03:16 PM
I sold my old one, but i'll try.
There is a spring, that should fit into the black cap. This goes under the front of the trigger (this is what pushes the trigger forward)
Insert all the pegs you have into their correctly fitting spot. The sear slides on one piece, and has a gap in the back of it. Hook the spring with a 'u' in the gap, and attach the other end of the spring to the lower right peg. It should be pulling back on the sear. I dont know if there are more springs than this, but im pretty sure thats right..
You should be able to push forward on the sear, and pull the trigger and the sear should activate...

hotsn16
08-14-2003, 11:50 PM
ok so when the trigger is off the gun...when i pull the trigger it isnt supposed to move the sear??? but when i cock the cun the trigger should be able to trip the sear off?

personman
08-15-2003, 08:29 PM
yeah, exactly. If the sear moved when the gun wasnt cocked, that would make it go full auto (the sear is designed so it is tripped, then pulled back at once by the spring so it doesnt fire again, until its fully cocked again and the trigger is pulled..
to kind of simulate this, you can push forward on the sear, and pull the trigger and it will go down a bit or whatever..

hotsn16
08-16-2003, 12:12 AM
ok thanx youve been a great help!!!! but now another problem....i gassed up my gun with nitrogen and co2, and it shoots but it doesnt recock?

personman
08-22-2003, 10:10 PM
Is your velocity spring cranked in too much? Its possible that the sear may not be 'ready' before the hammer gets to it.. Im not sure, I'm not a total Sheridan jedi, I just know my way around them (sort of) because I had one for a few months or so. :D http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=461904