PDA

View Full Version : Smoking ACE board

bunkerhugger
08-13-2003, 11:44 PM
I went to set up my new warp feed and noticed my Xmag wouldn't turn off. So I took the gun apart and quickly found that when I pull the trigger the component on the Q1 mark has a glowing spot in it and it smokes if I pull fire quickly. Any reason I can't remove the ACE board and rewire the gun to stay on whenever I have the battery installed? I know it's not an ideal solution but will it get me through until I talk to AGD and find out about getting a new ACE board.

Dayspring
08-14-2003, 09:14 AM
Did your solenoid seize and get hot? Cuz I had the same thing happen to me at IAO right before a game.

Turned out there was a batch of ACE boards that were improperly wired/etched or whatever. They fried 2 more boards trying to fix my Xmag before they found out that was the issue.

bankes
08-15-2003, 09:57 AM
dude smoking is not good for a gun, it could stunt there growth, i think you should get the lvlx patch, i am just playing with ya dude, but i would not touch it let agd do it for you

bunkerhugger
08-15-2003, 11:05 AM
The solenoid didn't sieze or get noticeably hot, the mosfet just started smoking. I'm going to send it in - as much as I want to learn small electronics, I don't want to learn it by experimenting on an Xmag.

rdb123
08-15-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
Did your solenoid seize and get hot? Cuz I had the same thing happen to me at IAO right before a game.

Turned out there was a batch of ACE boards that were improperly wired/etched or whatever. They fried 2 more boards trying to fix my Xmag before they found out that was the issue.

Happened to me on the field. Even the on/off switch wouldn't cut power to the gun. I had to insert the yellow pin; that proved to be a great reason to keep it on my macro still. ;)