PDA

View Full Version : Milled Xmag body, can it be milled more?

ICOM
08-14-2003, 01:00 PM
Ok i will be sending in my gun for a anno very soon and i have the chance to mill the body even more if possible. I took some pics for you guys to help me decide were else i can mill it. Please let me know will help.

These arent the best pics but....

Pic1

ICOM
08-14-2003, 01:01 PM
Sry that there big,NO PS.

ICOM
08-14-2003, 01:01 PM
pic3

ICOM
08-14-2003, 01:02 PM
pic4

ICOM
08-14-2003, 01:02 PM
pic5

ICOM
08-14-2003, 01:03 PM
pic6-think this is last one

Skoad
08-14-2003, 01:40 PM
there is no need for photoshop in order to crop a picture, just use mspaint or whatever you have. use the box maquee tool (looks like a box with dashed lines), drag it around the section you want in the picture, hit copy or cut, make a new file and paste it in. if theres extra space around the right and bottom sections, drag the little box in the lower right corner of the white area up to fit the pic.

then save.

on another note, it looks nice but where does the bolt start? will you be able to see the bolt/spring?

speeddemon
08-14-2003, 01:46 PM
I wouldn't try and mill it any more. Its already incredibly light, and I think all the body that hasn't already been milled should be left so it still has some strength. What little weight you could save from milling would be next to nothing. It is an aluminum body, which needs some thickness to it to keep strengh.

Now if you just wanted some cosmetic milling, I would think you could do some REALLY shallow tear drops or something like that.

nicad
08-14-2003, 02:58 PM
was that an X CnC or a stock X body that you started with?

S.S Bandit1
08-14-2003, 03:05 PM
Did you get your steal ring out? It has to be taken out before you can anno it, and I heard they are a lot of fun to get out...

SomebodySomeoneRTPcf
08-14-2003, 03:29 PM
thats pretty sexy, like me ehehhh ::::starts:::to:::cry:::

DiRTyBuNNy
08-14-2003, 06:34 PM
and you do know once it has been ano'd it cannot be sent to AGD because you voided the warranty and with the new Ano it will be out of spec..

detroit
08-14-2003, 06:58 PM
let see the bottom

Benfica4ever
08-14-2003, 08:10 PM
I am sure you could mill it some more but i dont think it will look very good.

gamarada717
08-14-2003, 09:01 PM
Uhhhh, SomebodySomeoneRTPcf, it seems like every post that I have seen of yours so far has been about how "sexy" or "cute" you are. Since things easily bug me, don't take it personally, but it was funny the first time, and now it's just starting to make you look kinda cocky. So unless you're some hot chick, please stop.

Now, back to subject. I don't think you should mill it unless you have an awesome design idea for it. XMags look hot anyways.

Taco
08-15-2003, 01:23 AM
wow niice... if you could mill it more it wouldnt look very good cuz its alredy hott as it can be... nd it wouldnt be strong enough as some1 alredy stated

magman007
08-15-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
and you do know once it has been ano'd it cannot be sent to AGD because you voided the warranty and with the new Ano it will be out of spec..

not true, it started as a raw body, therefore it can be annoed, its re annoing that they dont like, mainly because when you strip it and re anno it, you loose a little thickness alla round, also it cna effect the barel threading ,and once thats messed up, your screwed

ICOM
08-15-2003, 06:20 PM
Guys its getting done by A+ annodize. There the ones that anno the xmags in the first place. They know what there doing. They know how to take out the ring. So i guess i am just going to leave it. Now a decision on a fade :) Was thinking red to silver of some sort. Thanks for all your input on the body.

speedyejl
08-15-2003, 07:54 PM
You can probably get the part that overhangs the valve milled off along with the part the underhangs it behind the thumb screw.

Personally its probably not worth a few more ounces for the chance of goofing up the xmags very beautiful look. If I was in your position I wouldn't get mine milled, just to save $ and on turn around time.

speedyejl
08-15-2003, 07:55 PM
(btw A+ have a site, I'd like to check them out for getting my beauty reannodized)

magman007
08-15-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by speedyejl
You can probably get the part that overhangs the valve milled off along with the part the underhangs it behind the thumb screw.

Personally its probably not worth a few more ounces for the chance of goofing up the xmags very beautiful look. If I was in your position I wouldn't get mine milled, just to save $ and on turn around time.

no, you cant do the underhand, because that way you remove the z lock, and that isnt a smart thing to do ,you dont want your valve untwisting. the only way sfl's have it done, is because shocktech thought to install a set screw in the correct location

speedyejl
08-15-2003, 08:47 PM
Xmags dont have Zlocks in the first place

speedyejl
08-15-2003, 08:54 PM
BAH I PROVE YOU WRONG, muhaha jk lol

http://www.elairsmiths.com/public/xmaglackofz.JPG