PDA

View Full Version : MDARS-E Integrated with Angel

peeko
08-14-2003, 01:41 PM
Check out this robot integrated with an Angel.

MDARS-E/Angel (http://www.spawar.navy.mil/robots/resources/gunpod/gunpod.html)

lopxtc
08-14-2003, 03:12 PM
Hold on now ...

The paintball gun uses .68- caliber RPS Marballizer ammunition, and is supplied air from a 4500-psi accumulator. The 1440-cubic-inch accumulator can hold enough air to fire approximately 1500 rounds before refilling

Only 1500 shots off a 1440ci tank?????

Aaron

Mossman
08-14-2003, 03:14 PM
looks a lot like a 114 to me

Off Center
08-14-2003, 03:16 PM
Seems like if your going to drop that kind of coin into a project, you'd front a couple extra bucks to stick a halo or warp on it with increased capacity, no?

breg
08-14-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Off Center
Seems like if your going to drop that kind of coin into a project, you'd front a couple extra bucks to stick a halo or warp on it with increased capacity, no?

LOL

Why not build a huge agitated loader and then mount it on a warp?

Evil Bob
08-14-2003, 07:44 PM
Cool! They got air for 1500 rounds and a 200 round capacity with the revy... duh... and these guys are supposed to be smart.

Someone didn't do their homework, you're not going to surpress much of a crowd with 200 rounds, especially once they figure out that it's non leathal firepower.

Why not use the dome cover and make use of the space the revy takes up? A bulk loader that can carry 1k+ rounds would be much better then the puny revy.

-Evil Bob

edweird
08-14-2003, 07:52 PM
Potential future work includes automatic target detection/tracking, coordinated/cooperative targeting between multiple autonomous weapons pods

Now this would be cool :P Would be fun to see Dynasty vs the paintball equilivant of Deep Blue

AlabamaMan
08-14-2003, 07:56 PM
LOL did anyone watch the video? Gotta love the blood red fill marb's. Maybe that is to *Trick* a crowd into thinking it's a real gun.

You also gotta love the hi-tech way they strapped the thing down. Bungee cords.

Army
08-14-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by lopxtc
Hold on now ...

Only 1500 shots off a 1440ci tank?????

Aaron

An accumulator (unlike a dedicated tank) only stores pressure for immediate use. There is a compressor somewhere on that machine to refill the accumulator on the fly. Theoretically, It will never run out of air.

FalconGuy016
08-14-2003, 09:19 PM
I sent them an email on hopper suggestions with actual supporting evidence on why they should use it, lol. I like the boomstick though :)

paintball8869
08-14-2003, 09:34 PM
are we 100% sure that's an angel? It sure looks a lot like a shocker (old style) in the pic wiht the tank showing.

Halliday
08-14-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by edweird
Now this would be cool :P Would be fun to see Dynasty vs the paintball equilivant of Deep Blue

Now if they could only figure out a way for Deep Paint to wipe, do Superman slides to cover front hits and do a Ninja Salm from the woods! Too Cool :)

wobbles82
08-14-2003, 11:09 PM
Not to mention fight with the refs :D . Man if I heard this thing rolling down the street pelting away at people I would throw on my Proflex, and get my RT-Pro and say bring ittt onnn. GET HIM OUT ON HIS TIRE!! GET HIM OUTTA THERE REF! :p

{*EDIT* Do not cuss again. Bad things will happen. Army}

darklord
08-14-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by edweird

Now this would be cool :P Would be fun to see Dynasty vs the paintball equilivant of Deep Blue LOL!!!!

I kinda wonder how they deal with chopping? I also agree with Evil Bob; how do they plan on keeping that hopper full? I bet if they had a warp remotely placed with an intellifeed link, they could work from there... pretty nifty though.