PDA

View Full Version : Mainstream Paintball: New BIG NXL Changes May Make this True

Ov3rmind
08-14-2003, 10:29 PM
Link (http://paintball.com/features/story.cfm?placementID=2260&aid=1699&clickon=DB)

Sounds like awesome news, I'm pretty excited to see how this turns out.

chizle97
08-14-2003, 10:39 PM
its starting! Finaly mabey we will have one united paintball leauge with one set of rules! then it will branch of to youth paintball and farm leauge paintball and feeder teams and a team in every major city with its own stadium awsome!

breg
08-14-2003, 10:58 PM
I'll have to keep an eye on this. It could be the beginning of something big...

Ov3rmind
08-14-2003, 10:58 PM
That would be sweet, maybe in a few years. But if this got on TV, and aired consistantly, I'd be as happy as pie.

Automaggin2
08-14-2003, 11:56 PM
I heard about this a few weeks ago but didnt believe it. I just dont like xball. I think its needs more work.

Skoad
08-15-2003, 08:24 AM
I wonder if people will already deem it retarded just because the similar acronym of NXL to XFL.

Ov3rmind
08-15-2003, 09:32 AM
Acutally the name is going to be changed to PLP, so I don't think so.

Tyger
08-15-2003, 05:52 PM
I want to make sure I'm reading this correctly.

All that has been officially announced is that Dick Clark Productions, Inc has taken a serious interest in the NXL and the televising of paintball.

This does not mean that NXL WILL be on TV immediately, just that there's serious intrest. Do I read this correctly?

-Tyger

m-98
08-15-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Tyger
I want to make sure I'm reading this correctly.

This does not mean that NXL WILL be on TV immediately, just that there's serious intrest. Do I read this correctly?

-Tyger

What I got from it was that the target time for TV was six months.

SyntaxError
08-15-2003, 08:44 PM
We'd better hope they don't turn it into "XFL" style crap, or like Slamball or something. That probably wouldnt do much to make people take PB seriously.

superdesk2007
08-15-2003, 09:11 PM
I hope if it becomes mainstream the stupid people won't play, than injuries would go up a lot. But it would be cool to see on TV.

WARPED1
08-15-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Automaggin2
I heard about this a few weeks ago but didnt believe it. I just dont like xball. I think its needs more work. You're retarded!:p XBall is the only thing that will turn our game, into a sport.

08-15-2003, 09:39 PM
PLP sounds retarded (since ***** is censored). NXL would sound so much better.

WARPED1
08-15-2003, 09:44 PM
I think of NFL with NXL.:D

FalconGuy016
08-15-2003, 11:53 PM
Salaries... wow... my dream of professional paintball player might be feasable now!

Steelrat
08-15-2003, 11:56 PM
Forget the pay, womens basketball is bigger than PB would be for a while, and they dont make crap.

Its a nice thought, though ;)

Steelrat
08-15-2003, 11:58 PM
Good ol' Dick Clark. From the way it sounds, it looks like they are actively looking for a network to air the games on, and have given themselves a 6 month timetable in which to get it on the air.

Tyger
08-16-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by m-98
What I got from it was that the target time for TV was six months.

But my question is that it's only in the "talk" stage right now, correct? No money has exchanged hands, right? No contracts been signed? It's all talk?

-Tyger

magmonkey
08-16-2003, 07:55 AM
my issue with tournmanet ball this year is, look at the events from last season when psp and nppl were working togther they were ok... not AMAZING but ok, now this year we have the psp and nppl league split and they are putting on these events at terrific locations and there is media coverage and out of industry sponsorship and the events all seem to be run better, my question is if the leagues both shaped up on there own think of what they could have done togther.... the xball bit kind of annoys me because one thing I loved about ball was being able to compete against the best in the world and xball kind of puts a road block in the way, I am not saying it is bad for the sport but things will never be the same

SyntaxError
08-16-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016
Salaries... wow... my dream of professional paintball player might be feasable now!

Well, you still need skill...You'd better be one hell of a killer, otherwise by going mainstream, skill levels of players will come way up as prices fall and the market opens up to more people.

I think that if this goes through, you won't be able to see novice teams beating pro teams, due to the fact that these pro players will be way ahead in terms of skill, and the teams can afford to be more selective in terms of who they pick.

Also, we probably won't see anymore "pro" teams like WONE or Murder Inc, unless they find someone to put up the cash for them.

Sooky
08-16-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by 845
PLP sounds retarded
I agree.

"NXL, which will be renamed the Professional League Paintball (PLP)."

It sounds translated. Maybe they meant the Professional League of Paintball? Or maybe Professional Paintball League (PPL)?