PDA

View Full Version : ULT on a Classic Valve??

APowers365
08-15-2003, 02:09 AM
I was just wondering how a ULT would be on a classic valve. I know it makes it alot lighter, but what about short stroking??

Thanks.

silentdeath55
08-15-2003, 08:25 AM
Read the other ULT posts. All the info is in there. I know this because I was the only one who posted about the classic being used with the ULT. Just to make it easier on you, I wont make you look through those threads and I'll just tell you here. My ULT and classic valve combo works fine. The only problem I had was a little LX bolt stick, but thats no big deal. I love it and I can shoot much faster with this upgrade. If you want more info, there is tons of it in the ULT installation thread and BlackVCG's thread in the tech forum. Good luck.....

APowers365
08-15-2003, 03:22 PM
I looked in there, but I could not find a straight forward answer. Thanks.

Dayspring
08-15-2003, 03:38 PM
I'll make it easy.

NOT designed for the classic valve.

Person
08-15-2003, 06:38 PM
It says it can work for classic on airgun.com, whats the deal

anyone have any more input because i dont like aluminum valves or wierd chrono'ing.

Dayspring
08-15-2003, 08:05 PM
Lots of shoot down and the chances of short stroking are increased by ALOT.

Tom said it at the IAO Tech Class. This was designed for X-Valves & ReTro valves with 2 orings. Not classics. Not Emags.

rpm07
08-15-2003, 08:20 PM
Well Tom better make up his mind. This is what is posted in the AGD STORE

This is the hot new mod from deep in the bowels of the AGD Tech Lab. Swap your old on/off assembly for this one and instantly take away 2 lbs from your trigger pull. The new pull is 15 oz. and is the lightest pull of any mechanical marker with this stroke distance. Best part is we measure this from the top trigger loop so the bottom is even lighter!!

So what problems are there?

A couple things to watch out for. This only works on valves with two orings down in the bottom of the on/off hole. This means Classics, Xvalves and newer RTpros. It should not be used in Emags or Xmags because it reduces the rate of fire (the lighter pull doesn't pull the solenoid out as fast). The reactivity has been turned down in this upgrade so it's harder to bounce but EASIER to short stroke. You need good finger control to get the most out of this upgrade. For more info and conversations with other ULE Trigger owners go to www.automags.org

Person
08-15-2003, 09:21 PM
I know, thats what i was referring to, so, there must be a way to tune it nice enough to make it operate well.

Jimmi9999
08-16-2003, 05:20 AM
it does work on the classic valve, i suggest you use at least 5 or more shims. there is still shoot down but not as much with more shims.