PDA

View Full Version : Dallas,Texas to host AO X-ball day! come play like the pros!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Havoc_online
08-15-2003, 08:35 PM
Alright folks, you've been asking for it for long enough. Another Texas style AO day organized by Clare and myself. We've had them before in Ft. Worth, Austin(twice), Houston, and Dallas. Well, after making some good friends with the Dallas field, we were able to get something going that AO has never seen before. Our 6th Tx AO Meet...

http://www.automags.org/~Capo/texball.gif

Richard(Richard on AO too) who runs Fort Paintball is the main guy who is making this happen for us. He plays on Detroit Thunder, He and his brother Gerald(Okland Assassins) are going to give a us all a run-down on the rules and gameplay for those who dont know. This is the REAL DEAL, we'll be playing on an OFFICAL X-BALL KIT, COMPLETE WITH FIELD, NETTING, STANDS, and LIVE PA SYSTEM to be used by Richard and Gerald who will call out our games for us PLAY BY PLAY! (they also have all the DJ gear needed to get some music going between games:cool: )

goto www.Xballpaintball.com for rules,faq,info,etc.

Alright, this is how it's going to work. It wouldnt be a Texas style AO meet unless is were cheap or free right? We're planning on having a free tourny(double elimination, dont expect prizes cause hey - it's free right? Brag rights should be enough). Teams will be randomly drawn by picking AO names from a hat, this will make it fair for everyone. It'll be 5 man Xball, with a 8 man roster per team(no coaches except for the ppl in the stands :)). 25min. games just like in the NXL.

We HIGHLY recommend that you bust out with all your spare guns, pods, masks, etc. You should have at LEAST 3 spare markers, 5 masks ,and 20 pods per team. Remember, theres only a 3minutes turnaround, so you've got to be good to go in under 3 minutes.

In the Last meet, we managed to attract AOers from FIVE different states, let's see how this on turns out ;).

FIELD INFO
Yes, there will be other fields to go play on if you dont want to try Xball out or if you simply want to play something else. The field has covered staging areas, they also sale food and drinks. They rent out M98's for those of you without a marker or those taking someone without a marker :). http://www.fortpaintball.com/ go check it out for the waivers and maps, etc.

our AO prices
Our AO deal is $15 per person(fee/air/NO byop) normal is $20. They normally have Draxxus(mid bore) for $65 a case. However since they love us so much they are giving us a SWEET deal, $45 on your first case and $40 on your 2nd+ case after that!(they also carry inferno) DO NOT bring your own paint for this one, they are really stretching thier necks out for us, so lets show them that we know how to return favors. Richard tells me that we wont be needing as much paint as we think to Play Xball, so depending on how you shoot, 1-2 cases should be enough. In Order to make sure they have enough paint for us, you need to post how many cases you plan to buy, that info will be right next to your name on the going list.

HOTEL INFO
Yeap, the field still has it's deal it had last year with THIS (http://www.orbitz.com/App/Landing?siteID=10018&placementID=388&pageID=30&hostSystem=PEG&chainCode=HV&propId=3922) hotel, as long as you say your with "Fort Paintball" they give you a discount from 70 to 50 per room(a double).

Updated Hotel Info

Wellesley Inn & Suites
2900 Dallas Parkway
Plano TX 75093

Our Deal is with Cristina Nicholson for $55 a night(double). I believe the normal rate is $69.95. The hotel is extremely close to the other hotel. The rooms are suposedly very nice.

To reserve a room, you must call Cristina Nicholson A.S.A.P..1-972-378-7429

she runs the sales of two hotels, so try can catch her at this one.
info she will need:
Your name.
Check-in date
Check-out date
and a credit card #

The credit card will not be charged until you get to the hotel, unless you want to pay with cash.

******AGD products for sale******
There will also be an AGD booth with ALL the goodies for sale at event prices, Tax FREE! PM myself or Clare for pricing. We will be taking cash, Visa, or Mastercard ONLY.

Same old deal, refer to this post for the latest info, it will constantly be updated by myself and Clare. Don't forget the important things like - maps, chairs, masks for ppl who will be watching(non-Xball field play), signed waivers if your under 18, and barrel condoms. We'll have name tags for everyone aswell so the newcomers know whos who.

Post how many people you will be bringing and total paint needed. Let us know if you need a ride hopefully someone coming from your area will have room. Important - whomever your bringing MUST register on AO, that's how we're dividing teams, by drawing AO names, so no AO name, no team = no Xball.

We will DEFINITELY be making a music video of this meet.
Here are the past vids thanks to Clare(right click, save as)
Austin AO day I (http://www.automags.org/~Capo/Austin_AO_Meet.wmv)
Dallas AO day I (http://www.automags.org/~Capo/Dallas%20TX%20AO%20Meet.wmv)
Austin AO day II (http://www.automags.org/~Capo/AustinAOVid.wmv)

The day after threads.
Austin AO day I (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44657&highlight=austin+success)
Dallas AO day I (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72675&highlight=paintball+welcomes+AGD)
Austin AO day II (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90747&perpage=30&highlight=austin%20meet%20pics&pagenumber=1)

As always at AO/AGD functions I will also be doing free repair/tuning work for anyone having trouble with thier AGD gear:). If possible, send me your gear ahead of time so I can work on it before you or I play(I do plan to play so if you need work, it wont be until I'm done playing or have lots of time.) I WILL have a programmer and will be flashing boards. preferably friday or saturday night.

TEX-BALL DATE
Feb. 20,21,22 Plan on getting into town Friday for pre-meet get-together fun, Saturday play and post-play-park-fun. Then Sunday rap-up play, non-tourny Xball play and post-meet food.

Ride Info
gtrsi - Room for 2 coming from Houston

TeX-Ball Itinerary

Friday
Meet @ 6pm in Harvey Hotel lobby

7pm - go eat at Jack Astor's Bar & Grill <-we need to know how many ppl are coming

afterwards - everyone over 21 can go hang out at Simon's(manike) place to make sure their Saturday game is sloppy.
I will most likely be working on last minute fixes at the hotel, so whomever doesnt goto Simon's can hang with me. I will also more than likely have a few laptops and a router with me so there may be some LAN action

Saturday
meet at field, team staging begins at 9am - Tourny begins at 10:30am

Afterplay - go take over the WhirlyBall Park <-we need to know how many ppl are going to come

Sunday
meet at field, tourny continues @ 10am, afterwards - we mess around and play Xball how ever we'd like(teams, etc.)

Afterplay we vote on what we feel like eating
Cheddar's
Fuddrucker's
Joe's Crab Shack
Wings Of Glory

More Reasons to attend TeX-Ball
-----------------------------------------------------------

****Clare is covering the event for PGI (Paintball Games International) so you have a chance to appear in one of the world's greatest paintball magazines!****

****Adam Shannon will be coming out to TeX-Ball with a small crew to film everything! A 2 disc DVD will be made of both on and off field action. He will also have a printer that can produce 13" x 19" posters from digital stills that will be available for purchase. Muzikman will also be out there taking pictures.

****PGI is providing 3 one-year subscriptions to raffle off at the meet

****TeX-Ball shirts are now available in
the cafepress store (http://www.cafeshops.com/texball_meet)

http://www.automags.org/~Capo/small_tbshirt.jpg

list of AO'ers going. ( **maybe's)(c =cases)
Havoc_online 3c
Capoeira 2c
Miscue 2c
Manike ?c
Ascreennam3 ?c
Marek 2c
edweird 2c
Digi_Gyrl 2c
RajunCajun** 1c
kenndogg** 3c
Spraying Mango 2c
MagOwnerzRule** 2c
logamus 2c
arowmic 5c
Cryer 2c
Scooter/Cootie 3c
Chupas2 1c
gtrsi 2c
Daroach** ?c
postitnote**
Darkstorm ?c
Kaiser Bob 3c
Yudanja +1 4c
Rather 2c
845** ?c
ICOM** ?c
BradPalooza 2c
Albinonewt 2c
DyNasTy** ?c
vf-xx 2c
Impuls 2c
Jon/xpm 1c
rjvemt1 2c
Load SM5 2c
TaToRtOts** 3c
Sir Chopsalot 2c
datapimp69** 2c
ebinnion15 +2** 6c
Warped** 1c
irs709** 1c
LeF_11 2c
CodeMA 2c
Creative Mayhem 2c
Draven-Crow 1c
darwin 2c
danielgleason** 3c
ReTro Boy** 2c
txag81** ?c
savethebird** ?c
allpowerfulguru** ?c
wcb243** 2c
LaW** 2c
CoFFeY[NiTrO] 2c
nate2k191 1c
ttoad4000t** +1 4c
MaChu** ?c
The Hatetrain 2c
myangelrocks** 4c
pito189 ?c
GA Devil** ?c
8ball74** ?c
SampsonFBC 2c
brice34 3c
SteelSoul +1 4c
SPLASH1** 2c
sarpadian** 2c
sleepingbeauty 4c
E.coli-burger 3c
Reaver 3c
Wckeep** ?c
nicad 1c
Dayspring 2c
Adam Shannon
Muzikman
Aliens-8-MyDad +1 2c
Crizo ?c
pbmidget 2c
phat john23 ?c
Brownie** ?c
Mok_Star 2c
FlashTX 2c
Chojin Man 2c
Dragonphreak +1 4c
evan123 1c
fbplaya02 +1 1c
lopxtc 2c
dave40sw 2c
Recon by fire** 2c
RayU 1c
magman05** 2c
Sharpshootertpg** 2c
Berean 2c
wickyweir** 1c
Enigma4you** +1 ?c
GoatBoy 2c
Mindflux 2c
Evil Mangoo 1c
Dave/XPM 1c
HEYSTUPIDDAYVE 1c
ratchit 2c
Snakechit 2c
GTakacs 2c
Dark0re 1c
Fuji 3c
LdyZeBrA24** ?c
aneil 2c

Tex-ball sig pic(it does follow sig rules), Thank Clare for the work.:cool:

http://www.automags.org/~Capo/sig.gif or http://www.automags.org/~Capo/small.gif
-------------------------------------------
<
a href="insert thread link here"><
img src="insert sig link here"><
/a>
-------------------------------------------
just connect the code.

darwin
08-15-2003, 10:21 PM
ill be there :D

Havoc_online
08-15-2003, 10:31 PM
sweet, but guys - plz remember to post how much paint you want to reserve.

CrazyLad
08-15-2003, 10:32 PM
Im almost positive me and some of my other friends with mags will be able to go....but when is it?

EDIT: oh its not gonna be till march??? I can still probably go.

Marek
08-15-2003, 10:35 PM
Hopefully get a job soon, so yea, sign me up also. 2 cases also.

Tobe2be
08-15-2003, 10:56 PM
im from nyc but how far from houston is dallas cuz i have family in houston that i could stay at. let me know thanks cuz i think it would be fun to go to this big ao meet

CrazyLad
08-15-2003, 11:02 PM
Houston is really far from dallas. Too far to stay in houston.

edweird
08-15-2003, 11:28 PM
Intersting...... I would like to nail down a date... then I can find out if I -can- go or not. Work sucks like that sometimes for me :P

but if I do go... and dont get me wrong, I want to go! ... I can be good for atleast 2 cases

LeF_11
08-15-2003, 11:33 PM
Feb is right around my birthday so this might work out sweet for me. Also havoc, the website to the field is: www.fortpaintball.com not sure if it has directions but thats their site. I might be able to drag down like 5 or 6 people probably. How do they do air refills and such since you don't have that long before you start again? I'll probably be there though...

Dayspring
08-15-2003, 11:37 PM
Hmmm... This could be fun. :D

Put me down as a maybe.

Digi_Gyrl
08-15-2003, 11:38 PM
ME TOO!!!!!! ME TOO!!!!! its only a 2 hour drive ... yeay!!!! I get to meet yall!!!!!

Mayhem bring ur dive gear.. we can swing into terrell at some point and get in a quick dive if u want to :)

RajunCajun
08-15-2003, 11:41 PM
a near neighbor from louisiana,

Also a maybe, a date would really help, also at least 1 case

kenndogg
08-15-2003, 11:52 PM
sounds good, I'm there. 3 cases.

Daroach
08-16-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Tobe2be
im from nyc but how far from houston is dallas cuz i have family in houston that i could stay at. let me know thanks cuz i think it would be fun to go to this big ao meet

roughly 4 hours

MagOwnerzRule
08-16-2003, 08:15 AM
wooooohooooo........ i will prolly come, if so........ 2 cases.....:D

postitnote
08-16-2003, 08:41 AM
That is SO far away, I have NO clue if Daroach and I will be there (though I'm sure he'll find a way to talk me into it since he's given up the sport). :)

Havoc - is it better for us to say we'll go and maybe have to cancel later or for us to say we won't go and maybe add ourselves later?

Fuji
08-16-2003, 09:38 AM
Definetly a possibility for me and maybe 1 or 2 of my friends. I can't commit until I get a date. September thru mid October (10/12-ish)is open game for now.

Edweird - Dude, we gotta get a game day together! I figure you plan on flying right?

logamus
08-16-2003, 03:09 PM
put me down for 2 cases.

arowmic
08-16-2003, 06:51 PM
This sounds like to much fun.
Count my brother and I in.
4 - 5 cases.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
08-16-2003, 11:07 PM
I'll see what I could do....

edweird
08-17-2003, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Fuji
Edweird - Dude, we gotta get a game day together! I figure you plan on flying right?

Well it depends... I was talking with Miscue and Army about hooking up a roadtrip of chaos.

If that dont pan out then yeah I think I will fly... as driving alone for 15 hours sucks a big veiny one.

ICOM
08-17-2003, 04:02 PM
How much is a air ticket from NY long island to Texas :)

MagOwnerzRule
08-17-2003, 06:05 PM
Air tick from NY Long Island to Dallas: 285 (round trip)
Feild Fee: 15
Paint: 45 first case 40 every case after that
The Fun at TeXball: Priceless

That was goofy but oh well yay for TeXball

Recon by Fire
08-17-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Daroach

roughly 4 hours

That all depends on how fast you drive :)

I would like to attend but the dates of course will determine that plus we are about to close on our house, I expect fund sto be somewhat more limited afterwards :( I am in my mid-30's and purchasing my first house...I am so pathetic! But I own an X-Mag :)

Cryer
08-17-2003, 07:31 PM
I will be there. Wouldn't miss it for the world!

EDIT- I usually end up using about 1 case, so mark me down for 1. If I can get my brother to come, then I'll get 2 cases.

Mango
08-17-2003, 09:15 PM
I am DEFINETLY in! I cannot WAIT! :) :)

Oh, put me down for 2 cases!

CrazyLad
08-17-2003, 09:19 PM
this goes to logamus.....

Aggies are so stupid. They acctually think UT cares about them. When we really hate OU! Stupid Aggies, Stupid Aggies!

logamus
08-17-2003, 10:09 PM
if you didnt care, why did you post?

stupid tea sippers.

actually, i will prolly be changing that in a day or two anyway. im in the habit of changing my sig pic every couple of days for some odd reason. i was just getting sick with all the orange on this thread so i figured i would add my own. glad you enjoyed it. :)

Marek
08-17-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Ascreennam3
this goes to logamus.....

Aggies are so stupid. They acctually think UT cares about them. When we really hate OU! Stupid Aggies, Stupid Aggies!

Calling him a stupid aggie when you can't even get the name of our school right?

It's The University of Texas.

Now while I don't care for the sig of logamus, you are right. God I hate OU.

Marek
08-17-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by logamus
stupid tea sippers.

Posted while I was posting. I've never understood this insult. It's lame. You guys should come up with some new material.

kenndogg
08-17-2003, 10:58 PM
Are we going to start this again?:rolleyes:

1shot
08-17-2003, 11:23 PM
Oh, it's allready been broughten. Do I need to remind you guys?

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=891457

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=892196

Oklahoma What?

Count me in Curtis, along with several others I'm sure.

Nick
1Shot

Digi_Gyrl
08-18-2003, 01:42 AM
sorry forgot to tell u.... count me in for 2 cases!

BTW: I go to UT Tyler .... so BITE ME!

Darkstorm
08-18-2003, 02:27 AM
I might make this if you will all have me. I'll have to see though. If nothings else I make a really big target.

Clare
08-18-2003, 11:38 AM
Air tick from NY Long Island to Dallas: 100 (round trip)

100 round trip? damn! Hotwire is a ripoff! :p

As for dates, we'll post something up really soon..

kenndogg
08-18-2003, 12:29 PM
wheres the cheapest place to get air tickets?

Scooter/Cootie
08-18-2003, 01:20 PM
Sweet! Always wanted to play X-ball.

Since this is far enough in the future, I should be able to make it (keep your fingers crossed). Once we get an exact date, I'll know for sure.

Put me down as a maybe, 3 cases. (I owe Riotz a whoopin' :D ).

I'll run this by the rest of the Pride team to see if anyone else would be intrested in playing as well.

logamus
08-18-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Marek

Posted while I was posting. I've never understood this insult. It's lame. You guys should come up with some new material.

its all about traditions. ;)

just fyi, aggies cant stand ou either.

MagOwnerzRule
08-18-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa

100 round trip? damn! Hotwire is a ripoff! :p

As for dates, we'll post something up really soon..

ha, i just wrote sumthing down because i was bored.......:)

Chupas2
08-18-2003, 05:46 PM
Put me down as a maybe. 2 cases. I'll check with the rest of pride about coming down

Daroach
08-18-2003, 08:38 PM
oh, here we go again, peeps from oklahoma are coming .... i wonder if they can bring some SKILLZ with them this time

last time they couldn't 'ball nor shoot a squirt gun very well

interesting folks they are

GT
08-18-2003, 08:49 PM
put me down for 1c. just pic a few dates and through up a poll

Jon/xpm
08-18-2003, 09:15 PM
funny....
first two people out were the okies :)
shot out by a texan too
do the okies remember this
cause i was watching from the side lines
and found it very odd they were the first two out...
(side note... this was the last game
and it was were the kid droped his halo 5 times...)

Kaiser Bob
08-19-2003, 02:54 AM
Wow this sounds awesome...as long as it dosent conflict with skyball or something, which im sure it wont, im in! :)

Ill say 3 cases to be safe

Yudanja
08-19-2003, 12:28 PM
Hmm, if daroach is coming I guess I need to. Heard he needs to get bunkered.

I'm a maybe, moving to Austin in October and if im recovered by 1st quarter 04, then I'm in.

Me and my brother, probably 2 cases each.

darwin
08-19-2003, 12:34 PM
2 cases

08-19-2003, 01:46 PM
I wasnt going to go but now that i read this thread and saw xball. I will see what i can do. The only thing that might stop me is money. Cause even at 45 a case xball can be expensive.

1shot
08-19-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Daroach
oh, here we go again, peeps from oklahoma are coming .... last time they couldn't 'ball nor shoot a squirt gun very well

I believe there are plenty of pics to disprove both of those...besides, what gun will YOU be shooting, lol??? Don't forget, Postinote has links to OK.

unny....
first two people out were the okies
shot out by a texan too
do the okies remember this
cause i was watching from the side lines
and found it very odd they were the first two out...
(side note... this was the last game
and it was were the kid droped his halo 5 times...)

Funny, I remember the last part as well. I remember I was watching from the sidelines that game, WITH MY CAMERA. You must've seen some Texans you THOUGHT were okies. We were the ones in the Oklahoma Jerseys. Muahahahaha

Nick
1Shot

ICOM
08-20-2003, 11:37 AM
845 if your going lmk cause we can talk how the hell we getting there if we do,guessin plane.

BradPalooza
08-21-2003, 11:50 AM
I'll be there. Count me for 2 cases.
-Brad

Albinonewt
08-21-2003, 12:38 PM
I'll be there, at least 2 cases.

Need a date though to book tickets. The airline isn't accepting "later" as a departure and "later +3 days" for return trip.

Everyone coming from Jersey, we should try to get bulk rates. Then we can play speedbal on the plane. For that it's BYOP, so make sure you bring enough!

DyNasTy
08-22-2003, 03:45 PM
I have to see, but I wouldnt mind attending this event :o

I am from Ontario, Canada so that would be one hellofa trip, anyone know how much a plane ticket would cost?

Jon/xpm
08-22-2003, 05:14 PM
1shot-everytime you lie
a kitty dies!
BUTCHER!
:p

cato
08-22-2003, 06:10 PM
Here comes OKLAHOMA all over again.

Jon/xpm why were you standing on the sidlines. could it have been you were having gun probs. Hint try and shot a mag.

Im in 1 case for sure poss 2.

I think you need to look at the pics again with the water guns. I see everyone there is wet at the tables. I believe that is when nick1shot and I bunkered you texas fools.

Cato

MagOwnerzRule
08-22-2003, 06:17 PM
wow u talk about people you are so cool :rolleyes:

vf-xx
08-22-2003, 06:42 PM
I'll probably be there, and High chances that I'll be bringing a freind. 2 cases between the two of us.(at least)

Impuls
08-23-2003, 08:51 AM
I live 5 minutes from Fort so I'm definately there. And can you guys try for after March 1st (16 b-day) so I can drive there myself. Heh, unless I have a lacrosse tournament or something count me in for 2 cases. By then I can hopefully have a tourney gun in the mix.

ttoad4000t
08-23-2003, 03:03 PM
depends on the date, but i might be there

if it is a saturday sunday i will have 3-4 cases

other than that if it is just on a saturday i will only need 2

:D

Jon/xpm
08-23-2003, 03:41 PM
cato-nope it was the last game and i wanted to watch...
i have had two emags which both had problems...
sry thats not a solution

does not matter where your from...
just play paintball :p

ttoad4000t
08-23-2003, 09:08 PM
put me down for 5 cases for now...

Thordic
08-25-2003, 01:48 PM
It's looking like I might be able to make it. Gotta talk to someone I know nearby to see if I can crash on their floor or not :)

If I can come, I'll be good for 2 cases.

cato
08-25-2003, 07:21 PM
hey jon,

i remembered you were sitting out but i had to give you some crap.

You will be there Right. Looking to playing with you again.

me and 1shot will be there and we are working on a few other locals here to make it down as well. the last one was too fun there is no way we will miss out.

cato

Jon/xpm
08-25-2003, 09:02 PM
cato-going to try my best to go...
stuff happens man :p

Put me as maybe and 1Case

ttoad4000t-did you send the money
you owe me yet man?

ttoad4000t
08-25-2003, 10:18 PM
working on it jon, im just as poor as you :p

PM me though, im expecting a payment from someone any day now, it would have been done a lot earlier if you had paypal...:D

Albinonewt
08-27-2003, 07:40 AM
As for date, don't get too carried away looking for warm weather. What you texans define as warm isn't the same definition that us folks from Jersey have. (Especially those of us born in North Dakota of Russian and German descent)

Havoc_online
08-27-2003, 02:38 PM
The Date is set for Feb. 20,21,&22(if we need that day) I'll update the first post later.

This was the only way we could go with all the major tourny's going the rest of the yr. and valentines day the weekend before.

rjvemt1
08-27-2003, 02:44 PM
in plus 2-3, and 3-4 cases

kenndogg
08-27-2003, 02:45 PM
good choice on the date. After paying for tutition and books I'm flat broke. This gives me a chance to recharge my fundage.:)

Albinonewt
08-27-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Havoc_online
The Date is set for Feb. 20,21,&22(if we nedd that day) I'll update the first post later.

This was the only way we could go with all the major tourny's going the rest of the yr. and valentines day the weekend before.

Cool, I'm definitly in then.

To you Jersey guys, if you want to coordinate travel let me know as soon as you can. I'll probably start booking flights in the next couple of weeks.

Maybe I'll ask Shatner this weekend to hook me up!

ttoad4000t
08-27-2003, 03:19 PM
yea, im a definate also, and i need 5 cases

:)

Havoc_online
08-27-2003, 03:28 PM
checked hotwire,

departing from Newark Friday to Dallas/Ft.worth and returning Sunday, tickets are currently $283

$281 if you leave monday.

From La Guardia friday-monday is $217(same leaving on Sunday)

$215 fri-mon from J.F.K.

$279 fri-mon from Chicago O'Hare

$342 Fri-Mon from Ontario intl

Havoc_online
08-27-2003, 03:30 PM
Toad, thats a buttload of paint, I dont want Richard to reserve so much paint for us and then he gets stuck with it, are you sure?

Impuls
08-27-2003, 05:13 PM
Well somebody might use more paint then they thought, so extra paint my be good? heh. Those dates will be fine. And Feb here in DFW is actually colder than Dec and Jan sometimes, like that 2 inches of pure sleet that we had.

MagOwnerzRule
08-27-2003, 05:13 PM
yay pg3 and a date i am happy.... now gotta talk my mom outta making me go to school

ttoad4000t
08-27-2003, 05:51 PM
make it 4, for sure, if i need more, i will buy it. A friend is also coming along if you wonder why i need 4 (2 each)

:)

Havoc_online
08-27-2003, 06:19 PM
great!

btw, here's an update in the first post, just want to make sure everyone sees it...

Anyone planning on playing Xball must have an AO account because we will be picking teams by drawing AO names.:)

the field will have paint aside from what we pre-order however, I'd like to be as close as possible so they are prepared and no one runs into any problems, whether they dont have enough paint for us or they get stuck with too much paint.

rjvemt1
08-27-2003, 07:46 PM
would it be possible to give the x-ballers refill priority at the fill stations so that those of us with adjustable tanks or only one tank can get fills in the 3 min. turn around times?

Havoc_online
08-27-2003, 07:53 PM
there will be airfill hoses in the team boxes on the field. :)

normal fill hoses will be where they were last yr.

logamus
08-27-2003, 09:25 PM
The Date is set for Feb. 20,21,&22(if we need that day)

are we playing games on the 20th or is that just the arrival day?

Havoc_online
08-27-2003, 10:15 PM
arrival day.

ebinnion15
08-28-2003, 03:10 PM
SO, can i come with my racegun autococker? Can I bring my team and enroll as a whole team? If so, expect about 5 cases from each person! Ok?

kenndogg
08-28-2003, 11:37 PM
of course you can come with your race cocker. but don't expect to play with your team during the tourny. we want it to be fair for everyone so ppl will be drawn randomly for the teams.

Load SM5
09-01-2003, 05:15 PM
I'm in! It's all cleared and I'm buying my ticket tonight.
At least 2 cases, por favor.

Havoc_online
09-02-2003, 10:57 AM
Alright, the great Loadman Cometh!:cool:

Draven-Crow
09-02-2003, 09:07 PM
you all can rest i'll be going. so i'll be the target practice on the field j/k by the way, Havoc i'll be hunting for you :D

Warped
09-02-2003, 09:43 PM
Anyone want to shuttle me up there from austin? if so do you have seats for 2 people(me and my little bro). so i guess put us down as a maybe. we would each be shooting one case. thanks.
-sebastian

darwin
09-02-2003, 10:46 PM
might i hitch a ride from anyone in houston?

LeF_11
09-03-2003, 05:48 PM
Havoc,

Now that there is a date put me down for two cases and I'm a definite now. Thx

CodeMA
09-04-2003, 12:11 AM
Ok..Im in...small drive...have wheels now...have mag now....
Tis party time ;)

Ill save my money but reserve 1-2 cases...if I need more...Ill buy it...if I dont...well....paint will not goto waste...LOL...

CodeMA-1-2 Cases

might I add that many cases of paint is insain! LOL....Im scared....yep yep...ehehe ;)

*wonders why I suddenly desided to start useing emocons...shrugs*

datapimp69
09-06-2003, 12:54 AM
well after a dissapointing shatner ball, im going to try and make this.

so put me as a maybe, and for 2 cases

ebinnion15
09-06-2003, 01:00 AM
Maybe, put me and my brother down for 5 each. We could use the rest at home if not there. I canprobably get it all done in one day though!:) Well, I mgiht be able to get the rest of my team to go, but for now let's count on two people. Not for sure yet, have to make sure it doesn't conflict with mardi gras!

kenndogg
09-06-2003, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by ebinnion15
have to make sure it doesn't conflict with mardi gras!

aww damn I totally forgot about Mardi Gras!! This is bad...

Load SM5
09-06-2003, 07:24 AM
I dunno, last year Mardi Gras was'nt all that much fun. I think I'm skipping that this year.

Draven-Crow
09-06-2003, 03:17 PM
well...maybe for afterhours i'll bring some beads just in case

;)

TaToRtOts
09-06-2003, 09:13 PM
put me down as a maybe and 3cases

but if i do go i am going to crash in the car or truck depending on what i get

1stdeadeye
09-07-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Albinonewt
Everyone coming from Jersey, we should try to get bulk rates. Then we can play speedbal on the plane. For that it's BYOP, so make sure you bring enough!

I am a maybe as of now. Will know for sure by early Oct.?

Where are all the Jersey players be flying from: Newark, Philly, Baltimore, or AC?

2 cases

Sir Chopsalot
09-07-2003, 08:45 PM
holy god this is going to be so fricken cool, sign me up on there and put me down for 2 cases

1stdeadeye
09-07-2003, 08:45 PM
$256 from BWI
$290 from Philly

Anyone price the train?

Albinonewt
09-08-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye
$256 from BWI
$290 from Philly

Anyone price the train?

Yeah, I did. It's practically the same price ($20 difference or so) and takes more then a day.

No train for the Albino

1stdeadeye
09-08-2003, 10:27 AM

Yeah, I did. It's practically the same price ($20 difference or so) and takes more then a day.

No train for the Albino

So when/where are you flying out?

CodeMA
09-08-2003, 05:41 PM
Tator....I had the exact same thoughts....LOL I figured I would prolly pitch a tent in the back of the truck or something.....LOL....

unless theres somone what wants to split costs of rooms or something....I dont feel like driveing back and forth from Rice.....I would spend more money on gas than I would half a hotel room...and certianly more than truck bed campin' heh

logamus
09-09-2003, 04:07 PM

No train for the Albino

the train is not a popular mode of transportation down here. you could always leave a month early and stowaway on a ship. :p

Recon by Fire
09-09-2003, 06:52 PM
Speaking of the train: I recently checked with Amtrak for my Grandparents coming down from Chicago to Houston (cannot fly due to medical reasons). The choice was a full day of travel that included the train to Longview, then a bus to Houston! And if they wanted to ride the train the entire way then their travel would go from Chicago, IL; to Portland, OR; to Los Angeles, CA; and finally to Houston, TX! A grand total of 5 days travel and double the price!

Way to go Amtrak! Avoid the train like a plague!

Danielgleason
09-10-2003, 04:51 PM
I'll probably be there, and I'll need 3 cases.

If I can come ReTro Boy (2 cases) will be there with me...and since we can't bring our ultra Evil, I guess you can wear your pretty clothes! :)

So mark us down for maybe's...

danielgleason
ReTro Boy
txag81
savethebird
allpowerfulguru

wcb243
09-10-2003, 08:37 PM
I really wanna go, not sure if I can for sure, but I want 2 cases

dre1919
09-11-2003, 08:44 AM
Hey Clare and Curtis...I'm definitely interested in coming down and playing! I'll see how many of my teammates want to roll down with me too. I haven't been down to Dallas since last December, and that's always a good time so what the hell. Plus, it'd be great to get some playing in with ya'll. I'll let you know how many of my teammates plan to attend and how much paint we'll need within the next couple days.

TaToRtOts
09-11-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by CodeMA
Tator....I had the exact same thoughts....LOL I figured I would prolly pitch a tent in the back of the truck or something.....LOL....

unless theres somone what wants to split costs of rooms or something....I dont feel like driveing back and forth from Rice.....I would spend more money on gas than I would half a hotel room...and certianly more than truck bed campin' heh

there are two things that you can do in a hotel room sleep and you know what but still i know this wont happen but just stay right at the field dugh so you could be the first on to be at the field but yea i like your idea of a tent in the back but is is alot cooler in the car or truck

CodeMA
09-12-2003, 07:42 PM
yea....well long as its not raining its campable....my only issues is wakeing up and haveing to do the morning dutys and realise my door drops off 4ft esh when I roll out of the tent ;)

well...AC running all night in truck....eh....mabey..but not likely....however my bench seat is nice and comfy....hmmmm......the choices.... I dont think it should be too hot in Feb....so thats nice...

I guess Ii need to get up there to check out this place in the near future before this shindig....gotta be prepared...hehe

LaW
09-18-2003, 12:48 PM
You can put me down as a maybe and 2cases. I am going to work out the price of travel etc into a budget an and see what i can come up with

Havoc_online
09-18-2003, 02:16 PM
there, list updated.

As for sleeping in trucks and such....dont bother...the hotel rooms are huge(doubles), easily 5per room. That would mean $10 per person(per night). Warm room, shower, etc.

Havoc_online
09-18-2003, 02:21 PM
BTW, for those who may not want the huge pic in thier sig, there is a newer smaller version Clare did. It's right next to the big one at the bottom of the first post.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
09-18-2003, 07:43 PM
Put me down for 2 cases.

I will check with the rest of my friend who will be comming.

EDIT : That should come out to +3(maybe 5) people for me.

Havoc_online
09-20-2003, 05:10 PM
cool, but remember, if you bring somone they MUST have an AO account to play Xball.

Havoc_online
09-26-2003, 11:31 PM
We're going to have a full load,

but for any ppl who will be needing rides I've been asked to make a list of ppl who will have space for someone and what city they are driving in from.

So if you have space and are nice enough to help a fellow out with a ride, plz post and I'll add the list to the first post.

MaChu
09-27-2003, 09:23 PM
I will be there. Depends if Im still in paintball or not:(

Clare
09-29-2003, 07:34 AM
Manike might make an appearance at our AO Meet so be prepared.. :p

dre1919
09-30-2003, 03:51 PM
Hey Clare and Curtis, I know for sure my buddy Scotty (The Hatetrain) and I will be there and we'll need two cases a piece. I'm lookin' forward to meeting all of you guys.

myangelrocks
10-02-2003, 10:34 PM
put me down as a maybe, 4 cases

Daroach, you gonna need a ride?

logamus
10-11-2003, 06:28 PM
hows that 65-13 stittin with all you horns?????

just fyi its feels great to me. :)

Impuls
10-12-2003, 11:12 AM
Is there really enough room at Fort the amount of cars that would come along? I guess people could also park along the road there too...

Nick1Shot
10-13-2003, 03:53 PM
Logamus said it best when he said:

"65-13"

What an awesome game. Red River what?

Nick
1Shot

GT
10-13-2003, 04:22 PM
put me down for 2c's instead of one.

I think I have 2 extra seats from houston to the event.

jb

Havoc_online
10-14-2003, 11:33 PM
first post updated.

Last year there was more than enough room for as many cars as there were, I'm not worried about that.

SPLASH1
10-15-2003, 11:01 AM
I am thinking of going. If I do I will need 2 cases. I will let you know for sure later.

SteelSoul
10-29-2003, 03:34 PM
Count me in as well as my son
And at least 4 caeses of paint

brice34
11-02-2003, 07:38 PM
put me down as going and 3 cases

brice34
11-02-2003, 07:43 PM
put me down as going and 3 cases

SampsonFBC
11-04-2003, 05:34 PM
I'll probably come and will probably buy 2 cases.

GA Devil
11-06-2003, 12:46 PM
Put me and 8ball74 down as maybe's. We have to see what the series schedule will be cause I know we have a tourney that month just dont have a schedule yet. Sounds like alot of fun.

sarpadian
11-07-2003, 06:59 AM
Put me down as a maybe at this point. I still have to work this out. 2 cases.

sleepingbeauty
11-12-2003, 03:34 PM
put me down for 4 cases

E.coli-burger
11-13-2003, 01:23 AM
I'm going to attend. As of now I can only speak for myself. I would like to reserve 3 cases of paint and hopefully I can get on a team or put one together by then. I'm starting a paintball club and competition team at the University of Texas at Austin. I'm hoping to have the club organized and active by early next semester; however, I despirately need help. If anyone reads this post and would like information, please e-mail me. The address is: gwsim@mail.utexas.edu

It would be great to participate in x-ball as a group representing the University of Texas.

CodeMA
11-14-2003, 04:16 PM
I may have reached a slight snag.... however...

It only involves the possiblity of neededing a ride..and I may not need it, however theres a destincy possiblity I might need to hitch a ride....

sooo...

Anyone comeing up I- 45( such as from Houston)

Think they can make a pit stop in my little town of Rice, I live pretty much right off the Highway ( a block off of it...can see my house from the highway ) so anyone comeing up 45 it wouldnt be out of the way at all... I would pitch in gas money...and if your getting a hotel and have an extra place(I can sleep anywear, chairs,floor, beds, etc.) I will also pay my share on that....

anyway get back to me at codema@ev1.net or on aim at c0d3ma

thanks in advance

BTW it would be me + 1 duffle bag, one back pack,one pod pack, one paintball jug, two masks... but wont take up much room promise....( all but the jug will tie nicely to the duffle bag safely if in back of truck)

Reaver
11-14-2003, 08:20 PM
count me in for 3-4 cases.

phat john23
11-20-2003, 10:13 PM
Post me as going and i will need 2-3 cases, depends on what gun i will be using.

T-Bird
11-25-2003, 02:07 AM
I was reading the updated X-Ball rule book and the only infraction I didn't understand was something called "spinning" listed under the Playing on infractions.

It is on the 27th page of the .pdf and is on line 12.2.1.1.1

I want to study the book carfully so I won't look more clumbsy then I already do out in the field.

http://207.236.192.237/X%20Ball%20Tournament%20Rules.pdf

CodeMA
11-25-2003, 12:08 PM
I interpreted that as if your shot and it busted, and you turn around like your gonna pop the guy that just shot you....you could be penlilized...if you shot back or not... I dont think this is called much...

Wc Keep
11-27-2003, 02:49 PM
i think im going to put this down under am going to consider it. tobe2be hit me up on aim.

Tobe2be
11-28-2003, 01:41 AM
whoa checking the list i dont see AGDJon on there. whats the deal jon you aint going. Hopefully i should be able to go but im not sure yet cash is a little tight right now. but you guys look like you have a lot of cool people going.

CodeMA
11-28-2003, 02:06 AM
also trying to coak Bea into comeing, as of right now shes free for that weekend, so its a mabey... we shall see...

Jon/xpm
11-28-2003, 03:14 AM
I saw CodeMA ask her
she was instrested...

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
11-28-2003, 05:45 PM
Quizno's Caters

;)

lol, We sell box lunches, anyone wanna buy Quizno's box lunches?

around $5 for sandwich chips and a drink

Mango
11-28-2003, 05:59 PM
That sounds like a great idea! You should hold a vote or something. And limit the choices that way you dont get burnt and have a lot of wasted lunches left over.

logamus
11-28-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by CoFFeY[NiTrO]
Quizno's Caters

;)

lol, We sell box lunches, anyone wanna buy Quizno's box lunches?

around $5 for sandwich chips and a drink

having been raised by wolves, i dont eat toasted subs.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
11-28-2003, 06:58 PM
box lunches aren't toasted. They don't last very long after being toasted.

phat john23
11-29-2003, 02:40 AM
I am all for quizno's catering. I love that place like a fat man loves donuts.

logamus
11-30-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by phat john23
I am all for quizno's catering. I love that place like a fat man loves donuts.

mmmmmmmmmm donuts

CodeMA
11-30-2003, 12:43 PM
*Hangs sign around Logamus's neck stateing : "Do not feed the Logamus"

Im all for the catering thing...

Clare
12-01-2003, 08:12 AM
Another reason to attend TeX-Ball:

I'll be taking pictures and writing an article on the event for Paintball Games International (PGI)

Your name and/or pic may just end up in a paintball magazine! :D

btw, I updated the list of attendees on the first post..

CodeMA
12-01-2003, 08:29 AM
good idea Clare...

I think Ill most likely do something for atleast one of the places I write for...Ill brainstorm on it...

Mango
12-01-2003, 09:40 AM
WOW!! As if there weren't enough good reasons to go!! :D

C:/ print_my_picture_in_PGI.nofoolin':p

Dayspring
12-01-2003, 10:19 AM
Count me in as a definite. 2 cases sounds ok for right now. But make sure he brings extra. :D

Aliens-8-MyDad
12-02-2003, 12:15 AM
im in, im bringing atleast 1 person posibly 3-4 extras... and put me down for 2 cases

CRiZO
12-05-2003, 12:38 AM
hey guys, february eh? count me in.

Trina
12-05-2003, 08:30 PM
I'm definately in :D Count me down for 2 cases! Yaaaaa!!:D

ebinnion15
12-05-2003, 11:18 PM
Hey, take my tten cases away, an put 6 for the hopeful two or so of us. I should try to get a defenite answer. Anyone know when mardi gras is, and maybe the info site. Haven't been able to find it. Thanks.

Trina
12-06-2003, 12:09 AM
Here's the link

http://www.mardigrasopen.com/

logamus
12-06-2003, 12:15 PM
this is really shaping up great. i counted 52 names as coming. thats not counting the +1's or the **. i am really looking forward to this.

its going to be so much better than nor cal vs so cal. hehe

Clare
12-09-2003, 08:44 AM
Yet ANOTHER reason to attend TeX-Ball:

Adam Shannon will be coming out to TeX-Ball with a small crew to film everything! A 2 disc DVD will be made of both on and off field action.

He will also have a printer that can produce 13" x 19" posters from digital stills. So if there's a shot of you that you must simply have, they will be available for you to buy.

Edit: Muzikman will also be there taking pictures!

CodeMA
12-09-2003, 10:00 AM
SAhhhhWWWEEEEETttt....

now to get all the guys to come accordingly so we can take this opertunity to make team posters ;)

Muzikman
12-09-2003, 10:27 AM
Well, I'll be there...taking pics as always.

Clare
12-09-2003, 06:35 PM
TeX-Ball shirts are now ON SALE!

Check out the store (http://www.cafeshops.com/texball_meet) at cafepress. I'm not making any profit off of these, the cost is for the shirt and the actual print on them.

SprayingMango demonstrates just how cool you can look in one of these
http://www.automags.org/~Capo/tb_shirt2.jpg http://www.automags.org/~Capo/tb_shirt.jpg

Load SM5
12-09-2003, 06:49 PM
If I get one of those shirts will I look that buff?:D

Clare
12-09-2003, 06:56 PM
I've updated the first post with both the DVD and shirt info :)

pbmidget
12-09-2003, 07:12 PM
add me up on the list and for 2cases

phat john23
12-09-2003, 07:39 PM
this thing keeps on getting better and better. I can't wait to see everyone out there.

Brownie
12-09-2003, 10:10 PM
hey load sm5 lets go play. i gots an uncle that lives in dallas in like a dang machine. free room and board. ahhh x ball would rock. ive been watching this thread for a while and it looks like a blast. lets get ur team and we will all go

GT
12-09-2003, 10:38 PM
http://www.automags.org/~Capo/tb_shirt2.jpg

sexy!

http://www.automags.org/~Capo/tb_shirt.jpg

sassy!

logamus
12-10-2003, 03:09 PM
mango, if i was gay you would be in my buddy list. :D

thats a funny slogan on the shirt clare. i will certainly pick one up, one cannot have too many tshirts after all.

Clare
12-10-2003, 03:12 PM
mango, if i was gay you would be in my buddy list.

LOL! My eyes watered from the laughter, definitely going in my sig.

Mango
12-10-2003, 03:21 PM
mango, if i was gay you would be in my buddy list. :D

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Trina
12-10-2003, 06:08 PM
bwwahhhaha!! At a first glance that does not look like Mango!!:D Stylin' though!! Great shi...was there a shirt?? hahahha!!!

I want one of those...the SHIRT...:D

GA Devil
12-10-2003, 06:15 PM
ummmmm you naughty girl

Mango
12-10-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Trina
bwwahhhaha!! At a first glance that does not look like Mango!!:D Stylin' though!! Great shi...was there a shirt?? hahahha!!!

I want one of those...the SHIRT...:D

:p :p

Mok_Star
12-11-2003, 12:28 AM
count me in, and 2 cases

also will the shirts be there for sale?

Clare
12-11-2003, 11:04 PM
We won't have any shirts at the actual event. They're made as they're ordered so the only way to purchase one would be through the online store!

Cryer
12-12-2003, 08:48 AM
Just ordered a long-sleeve shirt. This is gonna be sweet. I cant wait!

(I just need to get a marker... :rolleyes: )

FlashTX
12-12-2003, 12:06 PM
I'm game...2 cases will be plenty for me I'm sure!

Mok-star...remind about the shirt thing on Sunday, k?

Chojin Man
12-15-2003, 05:29 AM
Hello everyone. 1st time to post on the forum. I've been watching the forums for a while though. I live just outside of Plano where the Fort paintball field is at. Anyone who doenst mind staying at an AO strangers house is welcome to crash at my place for no charge. I'm really looking foward to meeting everyone. Count me in for 2 cases btw.

ntn4502
12-17-2003, 06:34 PM
could I by chance get a deadline to sign up for this?

Tobe2be
12-17-2003, 08:37 PM
everyone attending should sign this

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=116263

Dragonphreak
12-18-2003, 04:43 AM
Count me and my brother in for 2 cases each, total 4. I'll get him to find this and sign up.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
12-22-2003, 04:30 PM
Anyone down with the Quizno's box lunch idea?

evan123
12-23-2003, 12:00 AM
Well since i live like 10 minutes away from the field, count me in please. The last one was incredibly fun. I will be using 1 case.

Chojin Man
12-25-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by CoFFeY[NiTrO]
Anyone down with the Quizno's box lunch idea?

ya i would buy one

fbplaya02
12-27-2003, 10:00 PM
i have a immpulse and my freind has a automag. can i go to.

ill bring at least one person and ill need one case. i live in dallas

Havoc_online
01-02-2004, 12:51 AM
List updated.

ntn4502 - no REAL deadline but it would make things MUCH easier if Clare and I knew the final count about 2weeks prior to Dday.

fbplaya02 - all you need is an AO account to play and get the discounts :) (a mag would help you on the field though, you might want to look into that :P)

Havoc_online
01-02-2004, 01:06 AM
69 for sures
34 maybe's

Updated Flight Info
going Friday(20th) - returning Sunday(22)

From Newark - $206
From La Guardia - $267
From J.F.K. - $279
From O'Hare - $258

fbplaya02
01-05-2004, 04:07 PM
i have another question. is the game play going to be like nonstop with no breaks and self fills (with kills) and no picking teams or is it goint to be really contructed and organized. one more question. is there going to be a day were there is no tourneys and all rec ball. if so which day because im can only go for one day. one more. how many fields are their.

and make that one case for me and one for my freind. were front players

Chojin Man
01-05-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by fbplaya02
how many fields are their.

There are 6 fields and there will be seven if they set-up the Sup-air field(its not currently being used). The only field that is close to woodsball is the Hay field. The rest are speedball.

For more field info.
http://www.fortpaintball.com

Cryer
01-06-2004, 03:28 PM
For the song in the music video (unless you haven't already chosen one...) check out JXL's remix of Elvis Presley's "A Little less Conversation".
I know its on the "Bruce Almighty" soundtrack...

Also, Just got my shirt...:D

logamus
01-06-2004, 03:57 PM
i like that too, but i really dig "gasoline" from seether. man that song just kicks you in the butt.

Cryer
01-06-2004, 04:31 PM
i like that too, but i really dig "gasoline" from seether. man that song just kicks you in the butt. I really liked that song at first... but the rock station here plays it waaaay too much...

Just had a thought... I was playing Counter-strike the other day while a radio played a classic rock broadcast in the background... As I was starting a round, buying my guns and equipment, etc. a song came on and I just had to laugh... Creedence Clearwater Revival's "bad moon rising". Just the contrast of the moment, i guess. The impending violence of the game coupled with the peppy, down-south beat of the song. (Although, at the same time the song carried a warning of immenent danger in a manner that seemed altogether opposite of the song's beat and tone, matching the scene of the game.) After I thought about it for a second, I couldn't stop rolling...:p

Clare
01-06-2004, 04:56 PM
For the song in the music video (unless you haven't already chosen one...) check out JXL's remix of Elvis Presley's "A Little less Conversation".

It'll really depend on how much footage we get if I make a music video or not. Adam shannon is going to be filming and making a 2 disc dvd out of the event. I still want to, though. It would be cool for those who can't buy the dvd and can simply just download one of my little music videos. By the way, I have that song on my pc! Great remix.

Also, Just got my shirt...
Yay! What's the quality like? Any complaints?

Dayspring
01-06-2004, 05:00 PM
I just booked my flight last night. Total cost?

$5 :D

Cryer
01-06-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa
Yay! What's the quality like? Any complaints?

I really like it. No complaints at all I got the long-sleeve T. Thanks!

shartley
01-06-2004, 05:03 PM
Since folks are pointing out copyrights, trademarks, and other issues lately (and NOT just myself).. If a video is made and SOLD, people may want to get a release to use any music they use in it. If they don’t, it may end up biting them in the rear later on.

And NO this is NOT a threat of any kind for those who might want to claim it is. It is only friendly legal advise that folks can either take, or ignore. I would hate to see a good thing ruined because someone didn’t follow the law, and they got caught. And I would hate even more to see folks on AO then try to point the blame in every direction than where it belongs.

I hope the event goes GREAT and everyone has a fantastic time and no one gets hurt.

Cryer
01-06-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by shartley
Since folks are pointing out copyrights, trademarks, and other issues lately (and NOT just myself).. If a video is made and SOLD, people may want to get a release to use any music they use in it. If they don’t, it may end up biting them in the rear later on.

And NO this is NOT a threat of any kind for those who might want to claim it is. It is only friendly legal advise that folks can either take, or ignore. I would hate to see a good thing ruined because someone didn’t follow the law, and they got caught. And I would hate even more to see folks on AO then try to point the blame in every direction than where it belongs.

I hope the event goes GREAT and everyone has a fantastic time and no one gets hurt.

Capo always uses her own video content from her camera to do the music videos. Thats what she's saying here: since Adam is coming with his film equipment, she (and other AO'ers) may not do much filming, but rather concentrate on playing the game. So she may not get enough footage to fill up a music video...

lopxtc
01-06-2004, 05:11 PM
Hey all ...

Hey lot of info posted here ... and I know I am not seeing it, but can someone tell me when the last day the money is due by???

I am trying to convince the significant other that this would be a great V-Day gift, so I need to know when money is due.

Also I am not seeing their address on their site, can someone post me the address so that I can figure out how long a drive this would be.

Thanks,

Aaron

shartley
01-06-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Cryer

Capo always uses her own video content from her camera to do the music videos. Thats what she's saying here: since Adam is coming with his film equipment, she (and other AO'ers) may not do much filming, but rather concentrate on playing the game. So she may not get enough footage to fill up a music video...
I fully understand. But reading Capo’s post it said a Video of the event may be made, and we all know that the last one that was made was offered for sale.

I enjoy watching the little “free” videos Capo makes, they are fun. I just didn’t want anyone to get into any legal binds on the sale items.

Cryer
01-06-2004, 05:15 PM
...no REAL deadline but it would make things MUCH easier if Clare and I knew the final count about 2weeks prior to Dday...

It's a little misleading, since most tournies you pre-pay your entry fee, etc... but from what I understand, (and I may be 100% wrong, here) there isn't an entry fee involved... Just come and pay for paint and field fee. just like a regular day at the field...

Cryer
01-06-2004, 05:22 PM

I fully understand. But reading Capo’s post it said a Video of the event may be made, and we all know that the last one that was made was offered for sale.

I enjoy watching the little “free” videos Capo makes, they are fun. I just didn’t want anyone to get into any legal binds on the sale items.

Can someone really sue because another paerson/business recorded the same public event? Seems a little ubsurd... Unless Adam had some sort of deal or negotiation with AGD... (but maybe I'm wrong...:confused: )At the very least, I suppose Capo confering with Adam and expressing her intent to record some footage wouldn't be a bad idea...

shartley
01-06-2004, 05:30 PM

Can someone really sue because another paerson/business recorded the same public event? Seems a little ubsurd... Unless Adam had some sort of deal or negotiation with AGD... (but maybe I'm wrong...:confused: )At the very least, I suppose Capo confering with Adam and expressing her intent to record some footage wouldn't be a bad idea...
I am VERY sorry… I guess I did not make myself clear. I was not talking about what you are just posted about… far from it actually. I was talking about music if used in a for sale video… different issue.

Cryer
01-06-2004, 05:36 PM

I am VERY sorry… I guess I did not make myself clear. I was not talking about what you are just posted about… far from it actually. I was talking about music if used in a for sale video… different issue.

Oh... Mybad:p

But Capo hasn't sold any of her music videos... (has she :confused:?)

EDIT- HAHA! you made a Grammar mistake:P

"I was not talking about what you are just posted about"

That's going in my sig! (Unless you have a copyright...):p

shartley
01-06-2004, 05:40 PM

Oh... Mybad:p

But Capo hasn't sold any of her music videos... (has she :confused:?)

EDIT- HAHA! you made a Grammar mistake:P

"I was not talking about what you are just posted about"

That's going in my sig! (Unless you have a copyright...):p
LOL Yeah I noticed that mistake. I didn’t fix it though since I didn’t want claims that I posted something BAD and came back and edited it out. ;)

No, I know Capo has not sold her video.. it was just for fun. Maybe I still didn’t make myself clear enough? I was not talking about Clare in particular, but ANYONE who might make a video and use clearly copyrighted music to accompany the footage. It was a general comment and warning since Capo mentioned that a video of the event would probably be made…. And like I stated, we all know that the last one made was sold…. Hence my post.

Whiewwwww I hope it is all clear now. ;)

Chojin Man
01-06-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by lopxtc
I am trying to convince the significant other that this would be a great V-Day gift, so I need to know when money is due.

Also I am not seeing their address on their site, can someone post me the address so that I can figure out how long a drive this would be.

Thanks,

Aaron

Great idea on the V-day idea lopxtc!!! I thought that we just pay when we get there. I was under the impression that they want to get a head count in the forum so that they know how much paint ect. to get.

Ya the address isn't on the site. I'm not even sure of the address myself and I have been there a few times. If you go to mapquest and do a search to Parker Rd. and I-75 that will get you within 6 miles of the field. Hope that helps.

Fort Paintball is located 6 miles east of I-75 off Parker Rd.

From I-75: Exit off Parker Rd. and go EAST.

About 6 miles, make a left on FM 2551 (Dillahey Rd).

You will see Fort Paintball on the right hand side about 1/2 mile down.

logamus
01-06-2004, 10:40 PM
perhaps someone has the addy of the "official" hotel. you can use that to get an idea of how far to drive to get to your bed at least. i didnt stay there at the last event (and im not staying there this time either) but i cant imagine it is too far from the field.

Chojin Man
01-07-2004, 02:11 AM
Ok I got it. This address is at Parker and I-75.
2301 N. Central Expwy #190
Plano, TX 75075

This address also happens to be the closet paintball store(Official paintball) to the field(that I know of). You can use this as a refrence to where ever you are coming from and just add 6miles to it.

lopxtc
01-07-2004, 08:26 AM
Okay 100% that I am coming along with dave40sw on here ...

Paint: 2 Cases each.

Aaron

Thordic
01-07-2004, 09:19 AM
Sorry Texans and all, but it looks like I won't be making this after all. $$$ and using vacation time for things other than paintball are getting in the way.

Have fun without me :)

Muzikman
01-07-2004, 11:18 AM

LOL Yeah I noticed that mistake. I didn’t fix it though since I didn’t want claims that I posted something BAD and came back and edited it out. ;)

No, I know Capo has not sold her video.. it was just for fun. Maybe I still didn’t make myself clear enough? I was not talking about Clare in particular, but ANYONE who might make a video and use clearly copyrighted music to accompany the footage. It was a general comment and warning since Capo mentioned that a video of the event would probably be made…. And like I stated, we all know that the last one made was sold…. Hence my post.

Whiewwwww I hope it is all clear now. ;)

Yes, Adam sold the last video (AOSE), but there was no copy written material used in it, except my photos and AGD's hex logo. There was no overdubed music or such. I think Adam is pretty carfull as Video Production and sales is part of how he makes his living.

shartley
01-07-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Muzikman
Yes, Adam sold the last video (AOSE), but there was no copy written material used in it, except my photos and AGD's hex logo. There was no overdubed music or such. I think Adam is pretty carfull as Video Production and sales is part of how he makes his living.
That is wonderful. And it is great to hear. Then there are no issues then, right?

But I will point out that just because someone makes a living doing something does not mean they follow the laws. This is not aimed at anyone, just a general statement. I think we can all point out many large companies that have broken a law or two.

Aliens-8-MyDad
01-07-2004, 02:13 PM
hey is anyone from AGD gonna be there updating e-mag software? or should i send my gun in before the meet?

Chojin Man
01-07-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by lopxtc
I need to know the following though, what is the temp like around that area that time of year ... and are there any camp grounds close by that you can give me a website or contact info to.

You can't really predict the Texas weather. It was 80 degrees here last week a day later it is like 30-40. From what I read the last AO-Dallas meet was around 80.

Here is the address to Texas Parks and Wildlife.
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us
this page shows the dallas area parks:
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/park/clicpark/plains.htm

lopxtc
01-07-2004, 05:12 PM
Chojin Man Hey thanks for the info ... I found a person to come along also, so I think we are going to just split a double room at LaQuinta Inn in the area. The hotel listed in the start of the post seems to be booked up already for that weekend.

Aaron

lopxtc
01-07-2004, 10:19 PM
Okay finalized my plans today ...

I will be coming with Dave Norman (http://www.totalgreif.com/davebio.htm) from APG fame ... his AO name is dave40sw.

We are staying at the La Quinta Inn, on North Central Exprwy ...

We need to reserve 2 cases of paint each.

We are leaving Saint Louis about 6am (driving) and should be in town Friday about 6pm.

Aaron

Mindflux
01-08-2004, 10:54 AM
I'll most likely show, However it may just be to spectate and meet some of you. I've never played Xball before, and I'm not a very good paintballer right now :)

I might be dragging a few friends along too.

CodeMA
01-08-2004, 03:24 PM
For those intrested, Texas Mag Crew will be checking out Fort's Xball facilitys first hand during pratice this sunday on the 11th with Bslap and a few other noteable teams... for those wanting to come and check it out an such...

Chojin Man
01-08-2004, 03:52 PM
you got a little boo boo in ur sig CodeMa :)
"Texas Mag Team (TMC)"

logamus
01-08-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Chojin Man
you got a little boo boo in ur sig CodeMa :)
"Texas Mag Team (TMC)"

jims grammatical errors are a thing of beauty. the flub you cought is not his only one btw. :) he hates it when i point them out.

Thordic
01-08-2004, 04:20 PM
He's also apparently the Captian, not the Captain :)

CodeMA
01-08-2004, 05:40 PM
Yall are seeing things... I swear... that weed stuff can effect your brains...

-*beats the living daylights outta the grammer Nazis*-

fbplaya02
01-08-2004, 07:09 PM
coffey, this is sean from school and im down with the lunch box idea.

Rather
01-08-2004, 07:48 PM
Hmm....I'll have to see if I can't plead my way into a ride to Fort from my parents this weekend. I have plenty of paint, my gun and enough money to burn a hole in my pants....but no car. :( If I am able to go.... I'm the guy with the R at m A n sticker on his Rico AK. :)

Chojin Man
01-08-2004, 08:29 PM
Yall are seeing things... I swear... that weed stuff can effect your brains...

-*beats the living daylights outta the grammer Nazis*-

You all are seeing things... I swear.. that weed stuff can affect your brains...

-*Beats the living daylight out of the grammAr Nazis*-

CodeMA
01-09-2004, 10:07 AM
...ok, now your just asking to be lit up sunday bro...

manike
01-09-2004, 10:18 AM
For those intrested, Texas Mag Crew will be checking out Fort's Xball facilitys first hand during pratice this sunday on the 11th with Bslap and a few other noteable teams... for those wanting to come and check it out an such...

I should be there Sunday.

BTW which night should the Party in Deep Ellum/My place during Tex Ball be? over 21's only though, sorry!

Thordic, if you can get down here, you have free accomodation and beer at my place. I'd offer free food also but even though I have lived here for nearly two months the only food that so far has made it into my refridgerator is chocolate... :D

CodeMA
01-09-2004, 03:25 PM
manike, cool, if your not already playing with a team, your more then welcome to hopp on with us, bring afew more we will have a full two lines ;)

as for the party, thats a little age discrimitive dont you think, sheesh... gotta hate laws...well lets rember 17 IS legal in TX ;) errr... nevermind...

see ya out there

manike
01-09-2004, 05:06 PM
I will be there with two guys from Ignition, Brad720 (from AO) and Jesse.

Load SM5
01-09-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by manike

I should be there Sunday.

BTW which night should the Party in Deep Ellum/My place during Tex Ball be? over 21's only though, sorry!

Thordic, if you can get down here, you have free accomodation and beer at my place. I'd offer free food also but even though I have lived here for nearly two months the only food that so far has made it into my refridgerator is chocolate... :D

I call the couch.:D I've heard it's a nice one.

Creative Mayhem
01-09-2004, 06:11 PM
Damn... I'm too late... I call some floor and my share of the beer. :D Hey, wait a sec, Manike, we are of the Queen's people, I'm the one that should have the couch. Sorry Load. ;)

logamus
01-09-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by manike

i am cool with friday or saturday night. they both have their up and down sides. friday would be a tad easier for me, but im always game to down a pint with an englishman.

Mango
01-09-2004, 06:21 PM
Ok what hotel is everyone staying at??? I am going to book mine and want to pick the right one.

logamus
01-09-2004, 06:23 PM
im staying at casa de logamus. :p i think havoc said they have some group rate at the harvey in plano though. you need to tell them your with the fort paintball group. check the first page, i think he put that info there.

lopxtc
01-09-2004, 09:36 PM
Myself and another person are staying at the La Quinta Inn ... I tried to get into the place linked above but they said they were booked for that weekend.

Aaron

Originally posted by SprayingMango
Ok what hotel is everyone staying at??? I am going to book mine and want to pick the right one.

ntn4502
01-09-2004, 10:56 PM
SFL gets sold = I go, No sale = No go

Havoc_online
01-09-2004, 11:27 PM
I'll be at Fort Paintball this weekend. I told Richard about the hotel being booked, he's looking into other options. Hopefully we can get a group rate somewhere else too. I'll post up any new info a.s.a.p..

Rather
01-10-2004, 12:01 AM
Looks like I will be able to make it. Hope to see yall out there, if anyone sees me out there give me a shout. Its gonna be my first time to fort so I'll need someone to hang out with there.

PS- Im not gonna be the only teen out the AOers going this weekend am I?

Dayspring
01-10-2004, 12:38 AM
You know me, I call floor!

So, when does Casa de Manike open? I get in Thursday night. :)

Originally posted by Load SM5

I call the couch.:D I've heard it's a nice one.

Chojin Man
01-10-2004, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Rather
PS- Im not gonna be the only teen out the AOers going this weekend am I?

Nah there will be some other peeps your age there too.

CodeMA
01-11-2004, 01:09 AM
stuff happend, wont be makeing it tomarrow...sorry guys, have to shoot me some other time ;)

Mango
01-11-2004, 12:16 PM
Booked my flight last night! woooohoooo!

Anyone from the NJ,PA area flying out of PHL (Philly International) go on Expedia QUICK! $202.50 roundtrip on Northwest!! :D :D

Jon/xpm
01-11-2004, 05:38 PM
Played at Fort today...
I only played on the X-Ball Kit thou
I was very impressed with their setup
Fill Station is self serve
(Attach the hose to your tank and push a button)
I only got to play a few games...
I was told it would be open for anyone to walk on
but found out when i got to the field it was team pratice..
But I got couple games in thou :cool:
Just grab some knee pads and a chair
You will have a blast....

I was hoping to see Kaiser Bob or Havoc but did not see them... :(

Aliens-8-MyDad
01-13-2004, 10:21 AM
question... if we dont have a "team" for the xball tourny will we be able to form them there? I only have about 4-5 friends comming and thats no 10 man.

also no one answerd my question before. will anyone from AGD be there updating e/x-mags to 3.2?

Dayspring
01-13-2004, 10:33 AM
The teams are actually going to be formed there. Randomly. No bringing teams. :)

As for flashing boards, I wouldn't see why not. That's a question for Havoc though.

lopxtc
01-13-2004, 10:57 AM
Who is the overall point of contact for this? I email Cap and Havoc about myself and a buddy coming, along with posting on here, but I noticed our names hadnt been added to the confirmed coming list.

Just want to make sure they get our names so we dont end up driving out all that way and then not being able to play.

Thanks,

Aaron

GT
01-13-2004, 10:57 AM
I'll be at Fort Paintball this weekend. I told Richard about the hotel being booked, he's looking into other options. Hopefully we can get a group rate somewhere else too. I'll post up any new info a.s.a.p..

Sounds good. I have yet to make reservations since I dont know if my other buds are comming...

I am down for the *adult*, aka 21+, beer drinking fun.

Gt

Havoc_online
01-13-2004, 03:57 PM
We are doing what we can to get a programmer in time for this event.

lopxtc - sorry bud, lot of information to keep track of, your added.

Remember all the friends/teammates/family and +1's who expect to play xball must have an AO account.

I should have good updated hotel info VERY soon.

lopxtc
01-13-2004, 04:55 PM
Havoc -- No problem ... BTW the guy coming with me is dave40sw on AO.org ... he also needs to reserve 2-cases.

Aaron

lopxtc - sorry bud, lot of information to keep track of, your added.

Recon by Fire
01-13-2004, 06:02 PM
Put me down as a "maybe" for two cases and a spectator. I am trying to find out when my mother is coming to visit, its either that weekend or the weekend prior. Will confirm ASAP.