PDA

View Full Version : Mini Tank

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
08-15-2003, 11:01 PM
ok ladies and gentleman...gentlemen...gentalman...whatever

i got a Remote Control Hummer...i'm planning on using it paintballing but i'm not getting any good ideas..

i was planning on turning it into a moving paintball bomb but that sounded too complicated. i would have to attach a mine to it and a very looooooong fishing line to detonate it...ok so it's not that complicated

i was then planning on just using it as a transport thing. let it carry pods to a player that needs them.

then one day i was wondering...

what if i had a gun on it...

so i need help with ideas. this rc hummer has been collecting dust and it needs to be useful again.

Vida
08-16-2003, 12:50 AM
At Viper's Quest for the Holy Grail a few years ago there was a RC mini-tank that someone built... There's a pic of it in the article on that game in the rec section on WARPIG in the gallery... Might give you some ideas.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
08-16-2003, 12:56 AM
if only i can find it

powerofthegospel
08-24-2003, 09:54 PM
this is reguarding the mine thing: why would you need a wire attatched to it? if you know anything about rc cars, you should be able to do it pretty easily. I'm not exactly sure how a mine works (because i've never even seen one before), but you could just get a three channel remote (like those used for rc planes and what not) have one channel be throttle, the other steering, and the third hooked up to a servo. Have the servo hooked up to whatever detonates the mine, and when you want it to go off, you could just move your third channel trigger. Not exactly sure if that'll work (i was big into rc cars a few years back, and i remember some stuff, but don't know much about three channel radios) but i think it just might, so good luck if you want to try it!

Peace,
J.J.

Blink
08-24-2003, 11:40 PM
Yes, what you are talkign about would work if all you have to do is pull a pin out or something, although, I think he is talkign about cheaper Wally World cars. I fly helicopters, and planes, so I have a 8 chnnels, he probobly has a cheap 2 channel on 27mhz. If you really wanted to do this, I would recommend buying a half decent car and radio, learn a little bit about servos, and radios, then go for it!

Good luck!

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
08-24-2003, 11:51 PM
uhh...can we please continue this on Operation: Moving Bomb thread? i got pics and everything there

powerofthegospel
08-25-2003, 08:43 AM
alright, so you could do the same thing with the servos for a gun. Just hook it up somehow (that part's up to you because i'm too lazy to think of a way) so that when you move the servo forward/backward it pulls the trigger of the gun. Probably isn't that difficult, just needs a little thought.

Peace,
J.J.

Fuji
08-29-2003, 06:23 PM
I remember someone hooking up an electro spyder to an RC car. I don't recall if it had a hopper setup (too top heavy) [Prehaps a warp feed?] But, he used a 3 channel remote with the 3rd channel controlling the servo to fire the electronic spyder. Just a thought...

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
08-29-2003, 09:53 PM
... post on Operation: Moving Bomb Thread!!!