PDA

View Full Version : e-mag problems, please help

hardr0ck68
08-16-2003, 12:18 PM
hi,
the background: i just bought an e-mag lower end, had one of my mini bodies machined to fit and put an x-valve in it. Im using a raptor adjustable and it does not seem like input pressure is any part of my problem.

the problem: first off it skips shots, i will pull the trigger and it just will not fire. when it does fire it will do so for a long string then just stop again. i have only been playing around in e-mode mech mode seems fine, but hybread is screwy (sometimes it fired off the sensor other times it is an all mech pull). The next issue that worries me a lot is when i try to play with the settings, the first time i look at the led stuff it all works just fine, but if i pull the trigger it will only flashes red when i hit the top button to bring up the led stuff. it will continue to flash red in this manner for a couple of minutes when i hit the top button...sometimes i can even hit the bottom button and see the screen flash. When i do get the board to respond again all the settings have been set back execpt the TS counter. im really confused here, and i really wanted to play sunday blah....

thanks for any help!!

Dayspring
08-16-2003, 03:06 PM
Back the trigger magnet out a bit. It sounds like the magnet's too close to the HES.

hardr0ck68
08-17-2003, 02:51 PM
yeah you were right, i figured it out myself about a half hour after posting...so yeah i went and played last night with it and the consistancy blew, i would get 2 shots over the chrono fine then it would spike or drop, like 20-40 fps. LX is set up nice, i havent tried but im SURE if i went to a lower carrier it would leak (i have 3 other lx setups so i have gotten the feel for it). and the X-valve was right out of the box so all the o-rings should be fine....so why is it spiking and dropping?

hardr0ck68
08-25-2003, 08:28 PM
up the velocity is still psycho

ChucktheMAGician
08-25-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by hardr0ck68
i havent tried but im SURE if i went to a lower carrier it would leak
A lower/smaller carrier may give you bolt stick. Larger/higher ones cause leaks. The chrono problem sounds like effects of not chronoing in manual. You need to hold the trigger back and then shoot quick on a Retro valve to get an accurate reading. The directions are around hear somewhere. Mine does the same way when I chrono w/ the electronics on but when I'm on to the field the shots are way to tight in a string for things to be that far off;)