PDA

View Full Version : Angel Speed vs. Matrix

AppleSack
08-16-2003, 04:31 PM
People, please give me some of your opinions. I've got to decide in a week because my cocker took a crap and I'm in the market for NEW.

Heres what I've gotten so far:

Speed
==========================
Not as accurate as matrix
problems with internals / gun goes down.
supposeddly kicks more than the matrix.

Matrix
Gas guzzling (whore)
Needs an Sensi or will chop paint like a chinese chop house.

I've shot both but not the EXACT mods I will be purchasing so, I don't think it matters as much.

Speed was my first choice, but now i'm second guessing it and I wanna cry...

It's like having a choice between two beautiful girls and even though you want both you can only have ONE. The question is, which one doesn't have a stinky Pu-Tang? (unless your into that)

speedyejl
08-16-2003, 04:41 PM
their both as acurate, just choose the one which trigger you like best

magman007
08-16-2003, 04:43 PM
TRIX. Get the trix, they arent that bad on efficiency any more, and they are getting better. They really dont chop much at all, and the eye is not that necessary.
I reccomend ordering a regular LCD from www.thematrixcenter.com and going from there. that would cost about the same as your speed that you want.

the trix has absolutely no kick, and has a nicer trigger IMHO. ALso, on efficiency, there are always more upgrades comming out to improve it.

Ov3rmind
08-16-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by AppleSack
People, please give me some of your opinions. I've got to decide in a week because my cocker took a crap and I'm in the market for NEW.

Heres what I've gotten so far:

Speed

Matrix
Gas guzzling (whore)

I've shot both but not the EXACT mods I will be purchasing so, I don't think it matters as much.

Speed was my first choice, but now i'm second guessing it and I wanna cry...

It's like having a choice between two beautiful girls and even though you want both you can only have ONE. The question is, which one doesn't have a stinky Pu-Tang? (unless your into that)
LOL, sounds like you have things a little mixed up there. A Speed is currently the only gun on the Planet that uses Sensi (except for a few A4s that are out there). A Matrix is capable of an eye, but it doesn't need it. With an LPR, a Matrix will pretty much never chop paint (cycling pressure is very gentle). The Angel Speed doesn't go down a lot, it's just past Angel models were a little more reliable. I'd say you're still better off reliability wise with a Speed than a Matrix. It does indeed kick more than a Trix, but Angels don't kick to the point where it bothers me. Then again, the Matrixes low kick and smooth cycling does feel ungodly cool coupled with it's insane trigger.

Branchvillian
08-16-2003, 05:58 PM
The speeds are very nice, a teamate has one and I play with it quite often. Never gone down on me or him. ery fast, very accurate, and the only problem I see is when I really get rippin; those long streams of paint There is alot of kick to it I think. Never breaks paint.

darklord
08-16-2003, 08:01 PM

Speed

Matrix
Gas guzzling (whore)

The matrix doesn't chop paint that badly, since you can set your bolt to pinch paint. Efficiency isn't bad anymore with mods like the FreeFlow bolt. Matrixes are fast, extremely low kick, and due to their weight distribution/lack of kick I feel that your shots get a tighter grouping. ACEs are available for LED and LCD models from various companies, as well as 90º frames, snatch grips, and other parts to "customize" your marker.

I haven't shot a speed, but from what I hear they are good. I don't think you can go wrong with either one. I personally would choose the Matrix however, but it would depend on the upgrades.

AppleSack
08-16-2003, 11:20 PM
Wow, some powerful suggestions and opinions in such a timely manner...

Alright, I guess I'm flipping a coin.

Heads: Matrix aka. Trix
Tails: Speed aka. um.. Speed

Skoad
08-16-2003, 11:27 PM
dark viking? :)

i haven't shot either, i know the speed is fairly light and you can walk the trigger pretty good. I'm just not into the angel hype.

Person
08-16-2003, 11:40 PM
<cough EMAG sneeze>

RT pRo AuToMaG
08-17-2003, 03:54 PM
Matrix, defiantly. With the 2 matrices i've owned, I've chopped once ever. The only thing that can really break on the gun is an oring, which is very easy to fix, and they are super fast. As long as you have a bolt kit and LPR (LCD matrix comes with both) you will have good efficentcy and you won't chop. With things like freeflow bolts and leethal mods, your efficentcy will be even better. They are supposebly coming out with a leethal bolt kit this fall that will give you approx. 1800 shots off a 68/3000, but don't quote me on that, because i'm not quite sure, that's just what i've heard.

BajaBoy
08-17-2003, 03:58 PM
trix

No sKiLLz
08-17-2003, 06:20 PM
I'm shocked I haven't seen Viking all the way down the page. Did the free barrel condom offer expire?:eek:

Front player-Speed

Back/Mid-Matrix

Shot both, prefer and own the Matrix with a possible Speed on the way. Very smooth cycling, heavy but balanced, quiet, and with reliability, I think markers are like cars, take care of them and they'll take care of you. I like them both, but there is a weight advantage with the Angel. Although, I have seen situations of people who play front with a super quiet marker and an oblivious team getting wiped out because they didn't know where the shots were coming from. Matrix can do this, Angel makes a very tell-tale smacking sound to let everyone know where you are and what you are shooting. They're both good and whichever one you choose you will like. Like I said, have one, might be getting the other soon, but I will consider my NYX the primary and the Angel as a backup.

http://homepage.mac.com/alle/

Ironmen also have a new Matrix out which has an eye, but that is $1400.

wallace9111
08-17-2003, 08:16 PM
JUST FOR YOU NO SKILLS

AKA VIKING ALL THE WAY

Even if that douche did insult the Viking it is an incredible gun(I own one and love it). The Speed is a great gun also, and better than the matrix in my opinion, smaller and more effiecent. But the real question is what you like? All the high end guns seem to perform rather well. So, its your preference that makes the difference.

Ov3rmind
08-17-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by RT pRo AuToMaG
The only thing that can really break on the gun is an oring,
Turn your reg up to 600 psi and tell me that, muhahahahahaha!

AppleSack
08-17-2003, 09:31 PM
Well.

I think I've made my final decision.

This kid needs his "Trix".

I'll let you all know how things turn out. I'll be playing in my first tourney this weekend. I joined a start-up amateur team out of Detroit, MI. Our site will be launched prior to this weekend:

Combat Tribe

http://www.combatTribe.com

No sKiLLz
08-17-2003, 10:11 PM
Well.

I think I've made my final decision.

This kid needs his "Trix".

I'll let you all know how things turn out. I'll be playing in my first tourney this weekend. I joined a start-up amateur team out of Detroit, MI. Our site will be launched prior to this weekend:

Combat Tribe

http://www.combatTribe.com

Good luck in your tourney.

$845 http://www.thematrixcenter.com/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=24&idproduct=130

$1049.95http://www.paintballgateway.com/dyemalcdweyp.html

$1299.95 www.nyxtremematrix.com (http://www.nyxtremematrix.com)

$1400 Are available in limited numbers. Call CompulsivePaintball.com. Here's a picture & brief review.http://www.paintcheck.com/

M00SE
08-17-2003, 11:18 PM
i say trix

A to the G-Dizzle
08-18-2003, 11:05 AM
Well I'd say get a Emag with ULE body, Lvl10, Halo B, and your favorite cocker barrel. But, if you only want the Trix or Speed... Get the trix. You'll be much happier performance wise. My speed craps out alot.