PDA

View Full Version : Question about E-Mag Frame Finish

IcantBelieveit
08-16-2003, 06:59 PM
Thos of you who have the e-mag. With lighter colors does your frame seem to have a grainy type of look to it. but it is still smooth? I was just curious please let me know
by grainy i mean umm...looks like the grains of wood..that the best i know how to explain it but just let m eknow

magman007
08-16-2003, 09:03 PM
its still smoothe, trust me, it looks grainy because of the metal used in the frame, it is a different metal. I was actually wondering if the frames were cast and not milled out, or if it is just a different grade of aluminum used.

That Aluminum is actually a real tough aluminum to annodize as well

IcantBelieveit
08-16-2003, 10:25 PM
i was just curious, b/c i got my e-mag back from anno and it was lookin grainy..i wanted to know if it was something the annodizer did or if it was supposed to be like that..

i feel better knowing that it is supposed to be like that

Skoad
08-16-2003, 11:28 PM
mine is very smooth. i think your anno'r didn't polish it or something.

Aliens-8-MyDad
08-17-2003, 01:15 AM
well when i striped the ano from my e-mag frame it turned out quite grainy... i think im gonna sand it or something... and by grainy i mean its smooth but there seem to be light and dark spots that give it a kinda texture...

JAM
08-18-2003, 02:27 PM
yeah, the frame's definately a diff aluminum... kind of looks like crap sometimes. i had a clear ano XMag and it looked pretty bad.
If you look close, you can see it in a lot of emag pics- esp. the tequila fade ones.

AGD
08-18-2003, 02:31 PM
Yes its different aluminum. The frames are machined from a solid brick while the bodies are extruded. We cant extrude the frames.

AGD

IcantBelieveit
08-19-2003, 11:05 PM
Oh mines definatley smooth...i now the annodizer did thier job. b/c there is not a rough spot on the gun.. i was just curious...thanks for the replies all