PDA

View Full Version : 03 vert cocker

tippihater
08-16-2003, 07:22 PM
does any body know any good mods to put on an 03 vert cocker?

cris8762
08-16-2003, 07:28 PM
wow...uh.....i really hope you are new to this whole Internet forum thing...

if you are then i'd recommend you learn how to do searches, type in keywords at the bottom right of the forum page

i'd recommend:

new front block (Evolution, Orracle, ANS *if you are limited on $*)

delrin/delron bolt

primary reg (torpedo, sidewinder, fatty stabalizer)

barrel (whatever u can afford)

if you dislike the wgp hinge, get a eclipse hinge, those are pimp

and if you're NOT new to internet forums....please stop flaming, posting threads taht you could've easily searched for and i'd recommend you take this stuff to www.worr.com

also, dont you have a sonix???? why are u asking about cockers?

tippihater
08-16-2003, 07:31 PM
i have a sonix but i am gettin the cocker shortley so id like to have an idea on what to put on it thanx

FalconGuy016
08-16-2003, 07:37 PM
First upgrades are generally
Frame, 3 way, and Bolt
Then the next level is usually
Main reg, other pnumatics, valve

*This is not including hopper or barrel or other general upgrades

Nick O time
08-16-2003, 07:42 PM
I put on all of this:
Freak System
System X Drop
FGP LPR
Omega Ram
Bomb 3 way
Rat 3:16 valve
Messiah Regulator
System X Beavertail
JAM Enterprised anti chop bolt
Kapp Reflex oldstyle trigger frame
Dye Stickies

I would recomend adding a Free Flow hammer kit.

Branchvillian
08-16-2003, 08:08 PM
I'd get a nice barrel first. Then I'd look into internals or pnues...FF internals are my av and I like the palmer micro rock LPR, STO Ram, STO 3 way. Then a bolt, then a frame, go electro if you'd like! Then a new body.

Athius
08-16-2003, 10:22 PM
Well i dont know that much about cockers for now but an upgrade that i recommend u is the Eclipse E-blade or the Worr version of the E-Blade (which is the same thing diferent name). Put that frame on and the eye and u will be shooting paint very very fast

tippihater
08-16-2003, 11:25 PM
hey thanx for all the posts i am taking all of these suggestions into consideration appreciate it

kevdupuis
08-16-2003, 11:34 PM
If you get a cocker, play with it first and learn your markers strenghts and weakness'. The new stock cockers are very good and the first thing changed is usually the barrel.

Again, use it first and then decide which way you want to go with it.

Mega Man
08-17-2003, 12:32 AM
Or your could save up your money and just buy a custom cocker, those tend to be alittle higher or alot higher than stock cockers but i think in the long run it'll be just as good if not better than upgradeing, plus you'll get a cool looking body liek on the Evo or Kapp or Dye Cockers hehe:p

Ryknow
08-17-2003, 01:03 AM
dont build off of a 2k3, but if you must Get all Free Flow internals and STO/Orracle front pnue's. For a bolt get a Jam bolt, I hear they work wonders. You could always go the e-blade/race route if you want.

Edit: Whoever said save up to get a custom cocker had the right idea going, its much cheaper to buy an already extremely nice cocker rather than upgrading a stock one. Heres what I have...
www.intimidator-owners.com/oz/gun3.jpg

bunkermaster10
08-17-2003, 04:31 AM
The 2k3 cocker are great stock. Seriously all you need is a new barrel and springs. And of course make sure u get N2. Check out air-powered.com or go on pbnation.com they have a lot of people that know cockers. Also I would make sure you play with it first before upgrading ANYTHING.

P.S: And the number one rule with cockers is DON'T mess with anything if you don't know what it does.

kosmo
08-17-2003, 04:34 AM
He beat me to it, but definately go here:
air powered (http://www.air-powered.com)

Best cocker site period.

gadget68
08-17-2003, 01:28 PM
Send it to freeflow. Convert the entire gun to a free flow. But keep the body and hinge frame. Make sure you have them Arbor hone the body. By doing all this (Bolt and Internals, and front Pnues) you now have a gun with a lifetime warrenty.I did this to mine and Ethan and his crew did a fantastic job. I will try and post a pic later.

Then get:
freak barrel
Regulator (ANS or Bob long)
Nice looking beavertail
Any other cosmetics parts that make it shine.

Good luck

paint magnet
08-17-2003, 04:03 PM
NOOOOOOOOO ! If you don't know much about cockers you should definately not be messing with them! Don't go replacing the pneumatics, learn how the freaking thing works first.

Ov3rmind
08-17-2003, 09:02 PM
If you plan on upgrading this much, just save some money and buy a higher end Cocker. It'll look better, have a higher resale, and you'll most likely be happier.

Angry Man
08-17-2003, 09:17 PM
Agreed, if you don't know what you're doing (and by "know what you're doing" I don't mean "know how to time a gun" I mean seriously know what you're doing) then the best upgrade is nothing.

Otherwise, get a new 3-way (belsales), and simply respring the valve and hammer until the gun pinches and is more efficient (lightest hammer spring, second lightest valve spring usually), then get an adjustable lpr (or adjust the stock one but what a pain) until it's a little higher than the lowest pressure it'll reach. Then re-time the gun and cut the sear spring and trigger spring a little if you want a lighter pull. Add a new barrel and your gun will perform way better....no chops, higher rate of fire, less recoil, much more efficient, etc. and all for pretty cheap.