PDA

View Full Version : X-mag, give me some general info plz

Siress
08-16-2003, 10:44 PM
I am kinda set on getting a impulse decked out as my new gun but I just recently became intrested in mags. I just shot the A4 and while I was at the field I also held a X-mag but being my mag-ignorat self, I just passed it off as a nice e-mag.:( , yes I am a total newb. anyway, my impulse setup is going to run about 85psi and have zero kick, pretty much. I am worried about my profile though, the imp is thin enough but the x-mag is smaller hight wise. My main concern, however, is reliablity. I don't want to be bumming someones gun because mine wont work, I absolutly HATE that.

As far is price is concerned, if I had a imp body and a max flow reg, I would have a stock backup. Thats how many things I am getting. I plan to buy a new body and get the Sic milling on it and buy a new max-flo when they are out for purchase seprately. That way I will have a SIC imp and a stock backup.

For about the same price as all of that I could probably get a x-mag. So what can you guys show me, facts, that might make me change my mind?

and the first person to say F-sp gets a foot in the a-hole, check the sig. Also, as you might can tell, I don't listen to hype at all.

Dayspring
08-16-2003, 10:52 PM
Well, it really IS a pretty Emag. There are a few differences, but only cosmetic.

Cocker threading
Lighter Body
Removable Breech (if you don't use a warp, not a big deal)
ACE (that's the only performance difference)

Otherwise it's an Emag with pretty colors.

As for reliability? It's an AGD product. They build to last. That's why the battery's as big as it is- to feed the large solenoid. It also has a mechanical backup in case anything ever happens on field to the electronics- the gun will still fire.