PDA

View Full Version : X-Mag - Hybrid Mode vs. Electronic Mode and a question

BartManSr
08-16-2003, 11:14 PM
My first day using the X-Mag:

I found out I could shoot just as fast using the Hybrid vs. the Electronic mode. Yeah, I know, that's strange. It was also more fun shooting it in the Hybrid mode. I'm planning on just leaving it in the Hybrid mode from now on (personal preference).

Does anyone know how to get a more reactive action out of the Hybrid mode? My tank is adjustable and I had it set at 850.

dcmander
08-16-2003, 11:26 PM
850 is pretty good, but you could go to 900-950 to get more bounce. Although, you might get DQed from a tournamnet with it that high.

Is it safe to say that if you don't want to get DQed from a tourny you should have your ouput at like 700 to be safe?

Skoad
08-16-2003, 11:28 PM
Personally i don't like the hybrid, i can shoot faster on E-mode just because the hybrid seems to break up my rythm. Might be how i have my trigger set up, i gotta fiddle with it.

Turning up your tank turns up the reactivity.

BartManSr
08-17-2003, 07:41 AM
I wouldn't use it for tournament. Our field allows us to play any way we want (advance group only). Many players use burst and full auto. I'm just looking for a way to make mine a little more reactive/bounce.

How can you get more of a bounce? Would it help if you adjusted the trigger pull (making a lighter pull), add or subtract some magnets, or change the length of the on/off pin.

FutureMagOwner
08-17-2003, 08:58 AM
to make it more reactive just put the pressure up higher on your tank.

i can get mine to fire fastest on manual personally and slowest on hybrid so...

Recon by Fire
08-17-2003, 09:05 AM
I prefer mine on hybrid and run input between 900-1000 psi :)

magman007
08-17-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by dcmander
850 is pretty good, but you could go to 900-950 to get more bounce. Although, you might get DQed from a tournamnet with it that high.

Is it safe to say that if you don't want to get DQed from a tourny you should have your ouput at like 700 to be safe?

NOPE! IT isnt safe to say that. I bounce mine on hybrid with an imput of 650. That isnt much at all. All hybrid mode e-mags are bounceable as far as im concerned, unless the BPS is turned downm then it isnt worth shooting anyways. Hybrid may be fun to walk, but the ability to bounce it, isnt cool. I disslike my hrbrid mode

Daroy99
08-17-2003, 07:35 PM
i ripped out long strands with hybrid......but only becuase i was slow on daroachs E mode X mag...yes chris could walk it faster then i could shoot it in hybrid when he was in E, but im just slow

A to the G-Dizzle
08-18-2003, 11:18 AM
It's all personal preference. Both of them are extremely fast.

I use to turn my the tank pressure up on my old RT and that thing would bounce like a mad man. The trigger always seemed stiffer though, but obviously you don't have that problem with E or Xmags:)