PDA

View Full Version : Mag Sponsorship

NASurfer
08-17-2003, 11:22 AM
Why doesen't AGD sponsor any pro teams? I know the whole story "let the product speak for itself" blah blah blah. I mean I know mags rock, everyone else here knows mags rock, but alot of people dont know that. Instead of keeping the mag as an "underground marker", hype it up some, bring it out into the open. Besides it would be cool to see an X mag team out there rocking the pro team circuit.

nt2004
08-17-2003, 11:23 AM
they have teams. What about the Lions and AGD Pride?

terrorizer666
08-17-2003, 11:25 AM
Storm UK I think, too :)

NASurfer
08-17-2003, 11:31 AM
I mean a team to go up against dynasty, Bob Long's ironmen, ground zero and the such.

irbodden
08-17-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by NASurfer
I mean a team to go up against dynasty, Bob Long's ironmen, ground zero and the such.

Pro teams cost ALOT of money.... AGD cannot afford one.

NASurfer
08-17-2003, 11:41 AM
Pro teams cost ALOT of money.... AGD cannot afford one.
well it would be an investment. But it may also lead to increased sales. It would be nice to walk into a proshop that actually carried mags.

FooTemps
08-17-2003, 12:08 PM
lol

That would be an investment AGD can't afford right now

FalconGuy016
08-17-2003, 12:12 PM
Yes, that would be a huge cost. They have plenty of amatuer division teams right now though

NASurfer
08-17-2003, 01:02 PM
It would be a big risk. Of course its not my risk to take but id love to see AGD take a gamble, who knows it could pay off huge.

FalconGuy016
08-17-2003, 01:13 PM
Its not that, its just that they cant afford it, period. Like it costs $200, and they have 225, but they have to pay the electric bills... you know what I mean? Its just unreachable whether they want it or not

Clockwork_Orange
08-17-2003, 02:01 PM
Right, also teams like Pride, Lions and UK Storm have so much potential to make it into the pro ranks. Let them kick butt in the amateur divisions first!

jayel579
08-17-2003, 02:13 PM
the guys from dynasty, i think, are full time WDP techs. on top of the fact they are awesome players, they all have personal trainers. there job is to be a paintball player. no way is AGD able to afford that.

dcmander
08-17-2003, 02:20 PM
I think its pretty accurate to say that paintball fans dont just pay attention to the pro teams.... Amateaur paintball is almost just as popular as the pro division if not more, IMO.

PsychoBaller
08-17-2003, 02:28 PM
Just for some real reference; It can cost upwards of $250,000 a year to sponsor a Pro Team, and thats just a 5 man team (according to a conversation had during the megameet with TK and that dude from Bad Company)

Things have to be considered like the following:
-Travel
-Lodging
-Gear/Uniforms
-Paint
-Entry
-more paint... heheh...

~da baller

FreakBaller12
08-17-2003, 04:10 PM
you guyz forgot lock n load;)

Clockwork_Orange
08-17-2003, 06:37 PM
That's funny...I never knew Dynasty had there own personal trainers. Then again every athlete pro or not always follows a workout regimen of some sort.

Lohman446
08-17-2003, 06:44 PM
I personally think we have screwed up pro sponsorhisp in paintball. Why does anyone have to sponsor a whole team, why not just the most charismatic (I did not say best) players? I mean, did Nike sponsor the Chicago Bulls, or Michael Jordan (there I'm dated now)?

Python14
08-17-2003, 07:07 PM
Because, it's better to get the whole team.....look at Aftershock, everyone on that team uses what they want and I can only remember what a few players are using, or were using, or used when they played on 'shock(MANNY RULES THE SCHOOL!). Particularly on 'shock actually is another thing, all the players are good and really overshadow their equipment. Who knows what Bryon Benini uses, because he owns anyway....Conversly, look at at Trauma. I could name maybe one or two people on that team because there really aren't any shiners on there. No one sticks out. But what I do know is they use matrixes...because the whole team does.

Does that make sense? If you sponsor one player, you are only getting seen by spectators and camera men for 1/10 of the time in X-ball, but if you sponsor a whole team, you get seen by spectators and camera men for 1/2 the time....better deal.

magman007
08-17-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by NASurfer

Storm UK does this. They play them in the melenium series, and they kick butt as well..... they have beeten dynasty on numerous occasions

Carbon
08-18-2003, 02:16 AM
My guess is the excessive media fanfare would lead to excessive demands of AGD's production capabilities. As far you and i know AGD is filthy stinkin' rich, or dirt poor, geez its not like any yall do the acounting/market anlysis for AGD. Unless, that is you do the books for AGD. And as far as idividual sponsorships, you can chalk it up to the fact that it is a team sport. Dudes like Lasoya or Ollie Lang or whomever get the press cuase they are charismatic, they are "marketable" and theyre goo pballers, i guess...

Hucklbry
08-18-2003, 03:54 AM
You also have to think about the fact that AGD is doing so good right now that they cannot keep up with demand. Right now there is a six+ month waiting period for the X-Mag. The demand for mags is there, why spend more money to bring more demand when the supply isn't there. That could actually work against AGD. IMO, Tom and AGD should keep doing what they are doing; putting out an awesome product and let the players (novice-pro, rec player) speak intelligently for the company.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
08-18-2003, 07:47 AM
AGD does not invest in Pro teams because all of their money goes into testing/designing new products...

Bolter
08-18-2003, 07:48 AM
Er we are a Pro team, we play the likes of the top Pro teams. We came 4th in Amsterdam Millenium series 2003 Pro division behind Dynasty, Ton ton, Ugly Ducklings and we all shoot and are sponsored with X-mags. In fact we have Storm edition X-mags.

We promote these markers as much as we can when we are at these events because we feel that they are the very best you can get, and to have a sponsorship deal is the best thing in the world!! Cheaper too.

We hope to kick some serious butt in all future events.

Chuff chuff.

I'm a bit bored of threads entitled "why don't AGD advertise their products..." or "why is there no sponsored Pro teams" because if you look around you may find you spoke too soon.

Laters

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
08-19-2003, 08:17 PM
Awsome....Is there a Storm US :confused: :)

SpongeBobSquarePants
08-19-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Python14
Conversly, look at at Trauma. I could name maybe one or two people on that team because there really aren't any shiners on there. No one sticks out.

*COUGH* DAVID WOOTEN *COUGH*

Bolter
08-20-2003, 07:20 AM
Probably is, but I have never met them! But the more the merrier I say!! maybe a semi-naked all girl US Storm......that would be ummm ok.

:)

SIGSays
08-20-2003, 07:51 AM
well, since i'm so good... if agd gives me a xmag and a new flatline i will go pro for them and represent

i am the one man team you know ... :)

08-20-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by SpongeBobSquarePants

*COUGH* DAVID WOOTEN *COUGH*

Who?:confused:

SyntaxError
08-20-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by 845

Who?:confused:

I agree:confused:

Anyway, AGD- how bout giving me an Xmag and letting me cap some fools? Should bring sales up:cool:

A to the G-Dizzle
08-21-2003, 01:30 PM
IMO, Am and Pro don't have enough interaction in big tournaments. I would definatly be up for more games against teams like dynasty, shock, and ironmen.