PDA

View Full Version : question about bolt bumper

jayel579
08-17-2003, 01:52 PM
i was out with my Emag today, and i started to hear a leak coming down the barrel. of course the first thing that comes to mind is the level 10, but that wasnt the problem. the gun ran fine just wasnt returning the bolt back to stop the leak.

well i just got home and took it all apart and saw that my bolt bumper disc was completely chewed away. i am guessing my leak is from this. has this happened to anyone else? i havent gone thru my stuff yet to see if i have a spare, but will an older bumper off a classic valve be ok?

Z-man
08-17-2003, 04:49 PM
I notice that the bumper is the one part that I wear out really fast on my RT. I replace it every 10,000 rounds or so as it starts to rip up fromt he center out. I would say that that is natural and you need to check it once in a while because metal banging on metal is bad mojo.

As for the classic bumper... well I dunno, I would imagin so but the classic bumper is really hard compared to that really soft RT one.... any tech here to comment?

hitech
08-18-2003, 10:50 AM
Don't use the classic blue one, it is too hard. Read this (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=965884#post965884) to find out why it wears out and what to do about it.