PDA

View Full Version : stupid blasted warp

i_baked_cookies
08-17-2003, 04:27 PM
im at my local field, and i buy 500 rounds and field admission, i gas up my mag, put paint in my hopper and warp, and pressed the button on the warp to get it to go to my gun. well it didnt. the paint went halfway up the hose and then the wheels of the warp started slipping. no problem.. so i traded my paint for a different brand... and then it was fine... then the warp didnt work anymore. why? because the battery wire (the red one) popped off the mainboard of the warp... yea now im pissed. i dont know why the red wire would just pop off the board. so i spent 30 min taking the wire and connecting it to the other side of the board and i taped it there. im lucky it stayed there the 5 hours i played.

has this happened to anyone before? did one of your wires come off the circuit board of the warp? i know i need to sauter (i dont know how to spell that) it back on, but i dont know if i can get it back on the right side of the board. please help

cgrieves
08-17-2003, 05:14 PM
Yes the wires are pretty fragile, I've seen several break off. You need to solder it (you should be able to get a soldering kit with iron and solder fairly cheap) and you shouldn't have a problem soldering it to the correct side of the board. You may as well get a plastic battery clip while you're doing it- the standard clip breaks pretty easily.

Alli_Delta
08-18-2003, 06:03 PM
I had this problem but it didn't happen all at once. The battery wire on my warp kind of half snapped which was causing arcing and making the warp spin all the time. When I took the warp to bit's to find out what was wrong it fell off so I re-soldered it on and the problem dissapeared. Cool.