PDA

View Full Version : Alternative warp ule body choices?

Duke Henry
08-17-2003, 05:56 PM
Everytime I log in to AO I always try to find updates on the warp body situation. Now, I know there are standard warp ule bodies, but I don't like them.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't say I hate them, I just don't like the way the feed opening looks, and the fact that you *have* to use one of those horrible 90 degree adapters. Now, I imagine you can rig something up so that you don't have to use the adapter but it is not the major gripe I have with the body.

The main gripe is the cutting of the rail, and all of the hassle involved with it. Now, I was thinking to myself that if one of the master machinists could release a nice warp ule body that will drop right onto my emag rail, I would happily preorder one.

However, as far as I know, AGD will NOT be releasing a warp slug (sluggo) body EVER. So, does this mean that alternative warp ule bodies will be as hard to find as girls at my local paintball field?

I have heard of at least 3 sites/stores/companies that were working on warp ule bodies. NONE have produced anything in months, and have posted no updates so I don't see any light down that tunnel either.

So, in summary I am hoping to hear of news/updates/ideas on anyone making warp ule bodies that have:

more style than the standard warp ule body (i.e. dallara)
standard emag rail compatibility (or integrated rail in the body)
smaller angle feed tube (-45 would be dandy)**

** I remember hearing that doing this would be impossible due to the fact that you are using aluminum and not stainless steel, so this might be a pipe dream. I just have had AWFUL trouble with those 90 degree adapters and so I hate using them. I could probably pickup something cheap to use instead of the 90 degree adapter, but thought why not ask anyway? ;)

---------------
I think that is it? What do YOU think?

edweird
08-18-2003, 04:47 AM
well... the primary reason you have to mod the rail is due to the fact the mag body sits in a recess in the rail. This recess is nessary to maintain the relationship between the sear and the bolt&on-off. This recess also happens to cover the bottommost portion of the inter tube that the bolt travels down. So due to this design a warp feedneck on a standard mag body that comes out at a 90deg angle is going to have to go through the lip on the rail.

Yeah its kinda a pain ... but otherwise you would have to redesign the proverbial wheel.

GeoffreyInNJ
08-18-2003, 09:56 AM
I got a rail from Detroit on here(blingblingproducts.com) and it came with a slot precut for a Warp ULE body. I used it for the first time this weekend and it worked fine. At $35 it was work it not to have to cut mt standard RT Pro rail. Plus it was super light.