PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody tried one of those guns with no bolt

WillyWonka
08-18-2003, 01:52 AM
It's the Epic Black Diamond, does anyone have one or has anyone used one before. I'm just curious to see if it's any good.

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, here's info and a pic.

http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/010-0900.html

Grasshopper
08-18-2003, 02:29 AM
Whoa, that's weird. I've never heard/seen anyone with one, but it sounds like they might be kind of cool. Anyone with any info?

ERut
08-18-2003, 03:01 AM
Never shot one but hear they are POSs, very slow and actually that the trap door thingy chops balls. I dont know if this is true but thats the rumor.

Mr.Orange
08-18-2003, 03:06 AM
Hello all,

I have an Epic, it is my CO2 Backup marker. I really like it. It has a very snappy trigger, and it is easy to shoot. It weighs nothing and it is very very small. What I like most is the lack of recoil. Very consistent regulator as well. Adjustable trigger.

Downside, well, sometimes it does not let a ball feed so just fire a second round, and the ROF is pretty pathetic. I think it is only capable of 11 or 13bps. Ok, that is perfect for me honestly, but most people want a ROF of twice that. :P Anyways over the radar chrono I clocked 7bps with her, which is just fine.

Overall, I would say that it is a VERY good marker. I love that it is unique, it copies no design that I have ever seen, and I know quite a bit. ;) You just have to accept the fact that there is little to change or upgrade with it and it is rather bland looking, but it works.

James
Naples Italy

p8ntball72
08-18-2003, 04:13 AM
I agree with mr. orange,I love my Epic.

P.S. the door does NOT chop paint.

DWill
08-18-2003, 07:59 AM
I believe they are coming out with an electro version. Their site is www.icepaintball.com if you want more info.

magman007
08-18-2003, 09:40 AM
the epic is nice, but the alien, is soooo much nicer. THe alien is fast, short bodies, compact. IT owns. I shot it at the iao, the "swinging hatch" is super light, and you can pop the back off to run a squeegie through it.

only problem is its a lil ugly.

the gun rips, and is capable of 40 plus bps

Mr.Orange
08-18-2003, 01:57 PM
Hey all,

Magman007, are you reffering to www.alienpb.com? If so, oh my that is fugly. I promised no more markers, but that one, hmmm, that one just looks like it wants to be in my collection!

And yes, I really love my Eipc!

James
Naples Italy

P.S. Later in the week I might be able to post pictures of my Epic and how it works...

WillyWonka
08-18-2003, 05:16 PM
I'd like to see one in action on video, can anybody hook us up??

ERut
08-18-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by p8ntball72
I agree with mr. orange,I love my Epic.

P.S. the door does NOT chop paint.

Alright, I wasn't sure about that part...Now I know

AngelBoy
08-18-2003, 08:22 PM
I've shot air through one before. I loved it. Yes, it has a low BPS, but I cant shoot 13bps anyway, so I dont care. How is air efficiency for you guys that have them? How much maintenence do you have to do with them, etc... In other words, tell us everything you know about em:P Ive tried to find more info on them, but have always come up emptyhanded.

I dont play nearly as much as I used to, so I really dont need to worry about whether or not I think my Angel is going to work after sitting there collecting dust for 4 months, so Ive been looking at these.

I know this isnt the trader forum, but if you guys are looking for an Angel, I would love to work out a trade or something, or just buy yours:P