PDA

View Full Version : time for a new goggle system..

ZAust
08-18-2003, 03:02 AM
well, im sick and tired of trying to change the lenses on my flex7s, so ive decided to spring for a new goggle system. im looking at two right now, although if someone can show me a better one im open to it. im really looking at the dye invision and the raven nvx at the moment. i really like the way the invision looks, but it is at the top of the price range for goggles. ive seen them at their cheapest going for $65. the raven nvx also looks like a great goggle system, although im not too crazy on the looks themselves. however, i really like their photochromic lenses and the fact that i can get em for $40 on paintballgateway.com. so what do you guys think. have any experience with either of these goggle systems? want to suggest something better? another thing i would be looking for is a removable visor. i just dont like the way they look. i may look at jts, but probably only if they have somehow made removing and putting on the lenses easier. whatever help you guys can give me would be great.

ERut
08-18-2003, 03:03 AM
I like the raven, butapparently they sit uncomfortably close to your face.

Lohman446
08-18-2003, 05:39 AM
If your main concern is ease of change of lenses, look at the V-force line. The Morph is the top of the line (flexible bottom like the other high line ones) and the lenses take me.... about three seconds to get out (bonus they fit my glasses well). I hear also that the JT Axioms are supposed to have a quick release lens system, but have yet to see one.

ZAust
08-18-2003, 09:45 AM
i guess i should have made it more clear. its not just the ease of change of lenses, i just tired of my flex7s overall. its time for a change.

magman007
08-18-2003, 09:48 AM
you think a flex 7 is hard to change? then dont bother with the dye system, its a headache and a half. I love my flex 7, so i dont know why your complaining, but if you want something new, i highly reccomend the v force morph. THey are ungodly comefortable. the invisions were nice, but really small, i hated being to openmy mouth, and see that i could open my mouth, and actually get a ball shot in there....

Sparq
08-18-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by ERut
I like the raven, butapparently they sit uncomfortably close to your face.

I have a Raven NVX and absolutely love it. 3 problems though:

1-Yes, it does sit a bit close...my nose touches the inside occasionally.

2-The foam started to peel off the inside around the nose and cheeks, but was easily fixed with some superglue. It may be a fluke, or the 35 C (~100 F) degree, humid, sweaty conditions in which I used it.

3-There is only one kind of lens available (not that it's a bad lens or anything)

Beyond that, it's great. It works fine with the glasses I used to wear, it has a self tinting photochromic lens, it's light, has never fogged on me, looks good...etc.

Automaggin2
08-18-2003, 10:55 AM
I have an Invision, i dont really like it that much. I would say look at the proteus or v force masks

pbguy87
08-18-2003, 10:57 AM
I love the invision

FalconGuy016
08-18-2003, 10:58 AM
I also, love the invision. So do all my friends (I have a spectra mask too)

Steelrat
08-18-2003, 11:02 AM
What, seeing me take my lens out in about 3 seconds wasnt enough reason to get a VForce? C'mon man, Im telling you, the VForce Morph is where its at. Very comforatble, no fogging EVER, easy to change the lens, great field-of-view. What more could you ask? Trust me, you won't regret it.

You've seen my marker. Do I seem like the kind of person who makes poor purchasing decisions? :D

GeoffreyInNJ
08-18-2003, 11:16 AM
V-Force Morph's all the way. The best goggles I've ever tried on. Very comfortable, great field of vision, never fog, sometimes you can even forget they are one that's how good they are.

skife
08-18-2003, 11:20 AM
I love my invision, its by far the most comfortiable mask i've worn

why do you need to change the lenses quickly anyways?

magmasta1234
08-18-2003, 01:10 PM
i never knew the morph has soft bottom, does anyone know if its as good as the flex in that respect?

FalconGuy016
08-18-2003, 03:15 PM
The invision grabs onto your face. Its like putting on a face glove, not strapping a big shield to your face. Unfortunatly, I dont have the kind of budjet to afford things that arent entirely neccessary :(. A warning though, they are small masks, you might want to try one on AND LOOK YOURSELF IN THE MIRROR. It often feels like there is no protection for your chin, but it actually does. Just try one :)

logamus
08-18-2003, 03:32 PM
i love my v force morphs. they are on the high end of your budget, but i promise they are worth every penny.

Mighty Mike
08-18-2003, 05:12 PM
Zaust - as you know the JT lenses scratch really easily and are a pain in the a$$ to replace. I just recently bought a VForce Morph and am pretty happy with my decision. It may not look as appealing as the Dye Invision, but I think it's a better goggle system. Just like SteelRat said, they never fog, takes a few seconds to take the lense apart from the frame, and has a great field of view. Remember this past Saturday when I ran to the 50 and shot two players off the bat, and then ran up the middle and bunkered the remaining two back players?? If it wasn't for the Morph's great field of view, i probably wouldn't have made that sweet move...;)

Pstan
08-18-2003, 09:11 PM
V Force Morph..............best choice hands down.

When we say they never fog we meant it.........it simply doesnt happen. They are also the most comfortable set of goggles I've ever put on.

-=Squid=-
08-18-2003, 09:52 PM
My vote goes out to the dye invision.

Steelrat
08-18-2003, 09:54 PM
Holy crap Mike! I must have missed that move! Thats definately the play of the day! Was I even in that game?

ashriel28
08-18-2003, 10:19 PM
i have ravens, and i like em. I have a big *** nose and mine doesnt touch the mask. And i like the low profile, feel like i'm giving opponents less to hit.

They have a clip in the back so they go on easy and come off quickly. The lenses darken in bright light and are clear indoors. How cool is that?

ZAust
08-19-2003, 02:02 AM
hmm.. im def. leaning toward the vforce morph. ill hopefully have it by next weekend

Steelrat
08-19-2003, 02:03 AM
MUWAHAHAHAHA!

ERut
08-19-2003, 02:07 AM
Is it really worth $60? The answer of course being yes, because now I can try it!

ZAust
08-19-2003, 02:07 AM
jeez ryan.. youre just converting everyone lately.. :D

Pacifist_Farmer
08-19-2003, 05:35 AM
Don't listen to all these fools!

Go get yourself a used Z-leader! the only good thing brass eagle ever made, then again they probably stole it from someone....

The lens is about half of the mask, that means big not small
the best googs ever made...period

oh and then every body at the field you play at will call you "bug man"....or maybe its me that looks like the bug

ZAust
08-19-2003, 11:29 AM
right, but then itll look like my head has been inflated with air, causing my eyes to inflate to the size of softballs.

Ov3rmind
08-19-2003, 01:46 PM
I have been wearing a Morph for a little over a year now, and before that I wore a Shield for about a year. Now that I have tried V-Force, I will never go back. Now I'm just eagerly anticipating their new/smaller mask, it looks like mask perfection to me.

spacedtedybear
08-19-2003, 01:55 PM
The Morph is a great choice. The only downside to them is that they don't have a fan system yet. Not that you needed it, but somebody had to point out a flaw in the V-Force goggles.:D I put computer fans on mine because my glasses were foggin up, plus it keeps my face cool.

sps16
08-19-2003, 02:36 PM
dont change the lenses, problem solved :)
I remember that move, it was awesome