PDA

View Full Version : x-mag firing problem.

JackRegan
08-18-2003, 07:34 AM
hi ..

i'm just setting up my x-mag and have an odd problem .. our resident god of paintball will be taking a look at it this w/e, but i was hoping to have a go and show my worth before hand, with some help from you guys ..

lv x up and running, works fine when the feed module is out .. if i put the module in and screw the barrel together, fire the gun, i get the pssht of the lv x kicking in .. unscrew the barrel half a turn and it fires ..

taking the barrel out and just the module held in by hand, then the marker fires, if i put pressure on the front of the module (barrel end) then i can reproduce the problem ..

i've tried turning the velocity up, the gun pressure is 7-800 ..

i have previously put a couple of hoppers through the gun, then as it bedded in had to adjust the lv x, since then i get this problem ..

any ideas out there ?

JackRegan
08-18-2003, 01:30 PM
well, i dont know what i've done but this seems ok tonight .. i thought i'd try the shorter spring (i was on the cut one) .. put the short spring in, gun with barrel fired ok .. went back to the cut spring still ok ..

so now its the same as it was yesterday just working .. paintball markers are just great for going round in circles ..

hate to think what it will do tomorrow ..

Alli_Delta
08-18-2003, 05:56 PM
It sounds to me like your bolt is dragging on your module and causing enough slowdown for the level 10 to kick in. If you get some really fine wet and dry and lightly polish the interior of the module where the bolt slides in and out it may help but dont go mad. I didn't have this problem with my Emag as I fitted the level 10 kit after it was well bedded in, the inside of my module is very shiny and smooth due to the reciprication of the bolt. Hmm took a while to spell that!!

Hope this helps

automan39
08-19-2003, 04:03 PM
i would suggest polishing the outside of the lx bolt not the module since the bolt has no anno to come off. also make the spring slide on it smoother.

BlackVCG
08-19-2003, 05:06 PM
It's just a tolerance issue. You could try different barrels and see if those help line up the module better.

What kind of barrel are you using right now?

Also, the LX bolt is oversize at the tip so it can be smoothed out a bit at the tip to reduce the dia. and eliminate your bolt drag problem.

JackRegan
08-20-2003, 07:25 AM
thanks for the suggestions guys .. at the moment its the stock barrel .. i'm training this w/e so hopefully it will start to bed in a bit more ..

if i still get problems i'll try some of your suggestions ..