PDA

View Full Version : Want to put PDS on my tribal

vaypourus
08-18-2003, 09:24 AM
Howdy all-

The new tribal board that I have in my mephisto has some serial ports that will allow the hook up of some other eyes, other than the single non-modulated beam reflective eye that is included with the board. I would like to put some of the ICD PDS eyes onto the gun, but I don't know much about them, or the eyes in general.

Some basic help from any of you ICD guys would be appreciated. The milling is no problem, but I don't know where they need to be located in the breech. I first need to locate some of the eyes as well.

I have been told that Goldie might be able to help, but I don't know where to find him, other than just emailing Vaporworks directly.

TheTramp
08-18-2003, 09:45 AM
Try PM'ing HaveBlue. He's the go-to guy when it come to Tribals.

poolshark5226
08-18-2003, 10:41 AM
Vayp, you'd probably have better luck with your quesion on pbn (never thought I'd type those words;) ) In my experience there aren't that many Bushy or Tribal owners around here (there are a few), but on PBN's Tribal forum you can get pretty much ANY Tribal related question answered

vaypourus
08-18-2003, 10:42 AM
Been talking to HB about it, as it is his Warlord board in the gun. He says it should be possible, but he is way to busy to do it.

vaypourus
08-18-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by poolshark5226
Vayp, you'd probably have better luck with your quesion on pbn (never thought I'd type those words;) ) In my experience there aren't that many Bushy or Tribal owners around here (there are a few), but on PBN's Tribal forum you can get pretty much ANY Tribal related question answered

Been there as well. They are good guys, but they can't help with what I need.

I am thinking I should just try to get a hold of Goldie. Anybody know him?

poolshark5226
08-18-2003, 10:48 AM
I know there are two sites that do Tribal modding, I'll see if I can find them...one is fear factory and the other is air soldier...I'll try to find the links for ya

vaypourus
08-18-2003, 10:58 AM
Air Soldier is Have Blue's site (where I got just about all of my upgrades) and Fear Factory is run by a guy named Rich. I have hzd some personal bad experience with rich (he biffed some custom milling I had him do), and he also has a problem with guns getting stolen, lost in the mail, or returned (or so he says). From my calculations, about 40% of the guns he works on get lost or returned, and you will be lucky if you get your gun back within 3 months. Its never his fault though.

I am looking for somebody that has some knowledge of the ICD PDS eyes and gun design, and electronics knowledge if possible.

poolshark5226
08-18-2003, 11:01 AM
Okay, Fear Factory pb is semi-closed right now, as the owner is swamped with projects AND is expecting another child. If you want to talk to him though, his name on PBN is me262...I'm fairly confident that if you're willing to be patient for a while he can help you out. When I was going to get a Tribal he helped me out with quite a few modding questions...

www.airsoldier.com is the other site, but I *think* that may be run by HaveBlue....not sure though, worth a shot

edit: just read your post, nevermind :)

vaypourus
08-18-2003, 11:03 AM
Thanks anyways-:p

ocelot213
08-18-2003, 10:18 PM
would it be possible to modify the asp eyes to work as a team? if not get a pair of wicked eyes from was and try that.

vaypourus
08-19-2003, 07:13 AM
The ASP eye won't work becuase of its size, and the location of my second ball detent. HB said I could put the eye in a different location, but then the board would have to be re-programmed, and it would still be touching the ball detent becuase of its much larger size.

After hearing about WAS and the "Artificial Intellegence" used on the Turbo Rev, as well as the thread here, I don't want anything to do with WAS, personally.

I think I will stick with ICD.

redlaser666
11-17-2003, 01:53 AM
You can try using break-beam eyes like in a race frame. I have a tribal with a morlock board and break-beam eyes. I placed the emiter on the ball detent side, and didnt have any clearance isues.
So if your second ball detent is in the same place as the original but on the other side, then it shouldn't be a problem using those type of eyes.
I will try to get some pics of them and post them or send them to you.

BTW im the guy buyin the tl63 from you.

Later,
Raul

vaypourus
11-17-2003, 12:01 PM
Actually, I ended up buying some PDS eyes. I sent them to Have Blue, who is modifying my warlord board to accept the eyes.

I just have to now figure out where to drill the holes for the eyes; once I do that, it goes off for some custom milling :)

-=Squid=-
11-17-2003, 02:16 PM
air-soldier knows there tribal stuff, and they sell spy eyes. You would need there fury chip which is programmed for the eyes, and one of there spy eyes, then just mount it all on there.

vaypourus
11-17-2003, 02:47 PM
I didn't want the SPY eye (like they eye that comes stock on the warlord). The reflective eyes are a pain, so I opted for a break beam. I don't need the fury chip becuase I have the warlord board/chipset already.

Have Blue at airsoldier needed to switch a resistor to get the eyes to work correctly....I will post more when he gets done with it.

-=Squid=-
11-17-2003, 05:42 PM
Air soldier sells eyes in both styles. I would recomend just getting the one of the two they sell, because air soldiers stuff is made to work properly with those eyes.

vaypourus
11-17-2003, 05:53 PM
I would of used one of the ASP eyes if i could.

The mephisto I am building is heavily modified; it is drilled for a secondary detent and both of the eyes that ASP sells won't fit.

Trust me, Have Blue (who runs ASP) and myself have put some thought into this.