PDA

View Full Version : Reactive Trigger

Philbert247Party
08-18-2003, 10:44 AM
Is the Reactive Trigger on a Minimag tourney legal ?

ugabiged88
08-18-2003, 11:22 AM
In most tournaments, yes it will be legal.

Alli_Delta
08-18-2003, 05:41 PM
Just recently with the release of the Eblade Cocker, a problem has arisen.
Now that you can have a "Bouncing" electronic trigger on the Eblade the powers that be in the Uk have decided to cast doubt about the legality of a true "Reactive" trigger.

By reactive I mean the trigger pushes your finger back to the start position and then due to the pressure you are exerting on the trigger the marker fires again albeit very fast!!

Now due to the electronic bouncy triggers this is making owning an emag a slight liability, especially if you have a jobsworth judge who reckons you have a bouncing trigger even though up till recently you could go out in reactive mode and really bray out the paint without anyone batting an eyelid.

This issue really needs to be put to rest once and for all. Personally I dont have a problem with reactive triggers, as I believe it is a certain skill to actually gain an edge in the game by using one. As in if I give someone else my marker and let them try and rip a string in reactive mode 9 times out of 10 they cant get more than say 3 or so balls before it coughs to a stop. So I see it as a skill not just a mechanical aid.

However I do have a problem with bouncy electro triggers as most people can get these markers to go nigh on full auto with no problem if the marker has been purposely set up to be bouncy.

Anyone else have any bad experience at a tourny with judges pulling yer Emag for having a bouncing trigger??