PDA

View Full Version : Just installed the ULE body, now I'm experiencing bolt stick....What now?

Coal-Cracker
08-18-2003, 02:17 PM
I have a lvl 7 mag (mini). Just installed the ULE body and dry-fired and it seemed to shoot without a hitch. Loaded up the hopper and it seems to shoot fine for a few shots and then the bolt would stick (trigger staying back) and subsequently chop paint. Yes, I keep my marker immaculately clean (and oiled). I also use HPA.
Now, from what I've read on the board, this sounds like it could simply use a larger power tube spacer. Right? (Want to hear it from a more experienced mag user, before I go ahead and order a spacer kit.)

Thanks in advance,
Coal-Cracker

SlipknotX556
08-18-2003, 02:39 PM
Could be the spacer, you should order the spacer kit anyway, because its always good to have one.

Jerhew
08-19-2003, 01:05 AM
also
check to see that the bolt moves freely into and out of the barrel itself
i had a small bore cp barrel and my bolt didnt quite fit into it
i just took some 400 grit sandpaper to the outside of the bolt until it fit
no problems since

it was on a level 10 bolt though
i doubt you'd have a problem with a level 7 bolt
but it doesnt hurt to check:D

armyboot
08-19-2003, 02:58 AM
I'm having the exact same problem as you. I have no clue why.

Does yours leak when you push the bolt back?

BlackVCG
08-19-2003, 10:10 AM
Make sure that you have the front frame screw fully tightened. Also, make sure you have a rail bushing inbetween the back hole for the field strip screw and the rail.

How do you tighten the field strip screw? Do you just tighten it by hand? If so, tighten it with an allen wrench and try that.

Also, try shooting it without a barrel. If it doesn't hang up when shooting without a barrel, that is most likely your problem.

Coal-Cracker
08-19-2003, 10:45 AM
Guys, thanks for the input.

The thing that really has me baffled is the fact that it shoots fine when I dry fire it. Only when shooting paint does it hang-up on me.

I ordered a spacer kit. Like Slipknot said, it can't hurt to have one.

armyboot, sorry I can't answer your question as I'm getting my tanks filled tonight and will then let you know.

armyboot
08-19-2003, 04:27 PM
Mine does it with a barrel or wihout. With or without paint as well.

Coal-Cracker
08-20-2003, 07:08 AM
allright. Messed around with it last night.

After I got the tank filled I got home and put a larger power tube spacer in. Shot about a hopper-full, and it seemed to shoot fine. Shot another hopper with it and towards the end of the hopper the bolt started sticking again. I did notice the tank was getting low, but not near empty (1000-1200 psi).
Also, I was wrong in my first explanation of the problem. It sticks even when dry-firing. It also sticks WITH or WITHOUT a barrel, so that isn't the problem.

I did notice the mainspring (bolt spring, whatever it is called.) was "more compressed" than the one in the parts kit, so near the end of the night, I replaced that. It seemed to shoot fine till I ran out of air.

armyboot
08-20-2003, 02:27 PM
I tried replacing my spring as well, and it didn't really do anything.

I'll have to check your spacer idea.

armyboot
08-20-2003, 02:44 PM
I've got a retro, do I order this? http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=20&CATID=6

Or this? http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=144&CATID=6

Jerhew
08-20-2003, 05:05 PM
armyboot
you don't have a level 10 kit?

armyboot
08-20-2003, 07:25 PM
I do, but I don't have a lot of time between school and work to fine tune it.

Jerhew
08-20-2003, 11:04 PM
well you don't want power tube spacers is my point...
they're for level 7 bolts

armyboot
08-21-2003, 01:39 AM
So you're saying I should make time and just install my lvl X then? :D

Coco Savage
09-28-2003, 04:10 PM
sorry to bother anyone..

but does anyone have spare grip frame screw and field strip screw to hook me up? I need spares and dont feel like paying retail on airgun.com

sorry if this is off topic..thanks

afrankart
09-28-2003, 06:09 PM
PM Tunaman, he has about anything anyone could ever need for a mag. Great prices, too.