PDA

View Full Version : New X-mag owner! New to AGD!

Spartan X
08-18-2003, 05:41 PM
Man oh man I finally got a X-mag! It should be here wed.!!!!

It's Green with a TL-63 trigger!!

Any first time tips with the X-mag?? I have never owned a mag..what can I take apart and what should I leave alone?? Can I take the Valve off? I have seen people just slide it of......I want to learn about this gun and the best way I know is to take it apart.....Yes I know not to take the actual valve apart.

Doobie
08-18-2003, 05:57 PM
Congrats! First, Take a deep breath. :D Second, I hear that the x-mag comes with an excellent CD-ROM owners
manual that should tell you all you need to know about it.

gamarada717
08-18-2003, 06:52 PM
Wow....and I thought my RT Pro was a big step for a first time mag....

speedyejl
08-18-2003, 06:59 PM
Congratz man, welcome to the family. Whats a TL-63?

Steelrat
08-18-2003, 07:05 PM
Spartan, you've been trying to get an X for a while. I wouldn't jinx it by celebrating too soon ;)

BTW congrats, I was glad to see you got one. Looks like it comes with all the goodies too. Strange that all the ones for sale seem to be green...

speedyejl
08-18-2003, 07:17 PM
Dont make fun of his xmag being unwanted for atleast 2 weeks, then let hell break lose

Army
08-18-2003, 07:20 PM
:D

Grasshopper
08-18-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by speedyejl
Congratz man, welcome to the family. Whats a TL-63?

I beleive it's a blade style trigger.

Anyhow... CONGRATS!

speedyejl
08-18-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Grasshopper

I beleive it's a blade style trigger.

Very cool

Welcoming him to AO? lol He has a higher PPD than me, :(

Recon by Fire
08-18-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by gamarada717
Wow....and I thought my RT Pro was a big step for a first time mag....

I chose an X for my first mag too. What a place to start from :)

FalconGuy016
08-18-2003, 07:53 PM
To take the valve out you unscrew the screw behind the grip frame, and slide the valve out :)

Ghost24
08-18-2003, 09:45 PM
Welcome to the Brotherhood of the X. I just wanted to be CP.

DiRTyBuNNy
08-18-2003, 09:58 PM
Hey...you guys all forgot the first rule of X-Mag ownership..you must present pictures or be bonus-balled next time you go out and play..

Creative Mayhem
08-18-2003, 11:36 PM
WELCOME TO AO!!!

As for your choice of your first mag... hell, if you're gonna do it, do it right the first time. :D Just check out the CD rom.. it has everything you need to know, anything you're not sure of, stop by the chatroom and just ask, any one of us will be more than happy to help.

Again welcome to AO.. enjoy that new xmag. I know i LOVE mine.. :D

CMhttp://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=889122

Spartan X
08-19-2003, 12:52 AM
Hey cool thanks guys...what to hear my wild goose Chase storry and How I came to getting the X-mag....It's long but pleasurable...

Well to kick it off, I had just finally got My Evil Omen, I had been on the waiting list for just over 6 months, and I was pretty darn happy with it. It had me convinced that it was THE best gun in the world. And in alot of aspects it just may still be...need to get a e-blade for it....
Any way, one day i desided to talk to Meph and ask him if he could think of a better gun then the Omen...I was expecting him to say the IR3, I would have bean prepared, But he said the X-mag and he just owned me out right.(I had only heard about the X-mag and that at the time is was basically the fastest marker out, but i did not know more, I actually bought into...mags had there time and are old) And to top it off, I found out one of my best rainmaker online paintball buddies had a X-mag...Kevmaster, I even got to hold it at IAO....any way back to the story. It took a month or so to sink in. I became a Omen Tech and am still Very close to becoming a Mod at the PMI section on pbnation. After doing some research and coming across some nice money making deals I desided to sell the omen(at the time is was having little problems, it had just come out and all, i wanted a gun that could equal the Omen and WORK, mags have bean tried for almost 20 years!) Durring the selling period, i had a Omen and shocker and cocker for sale.

At this time I started looking for X-mags...guess what the first one I looked at was....The One I bought, but this story has a Twist. He sold it to some one else for $1250 shipped before I could get the $1200 plus shipping he was asking...so i found another green one for $1100, I had just sold my omen and Shocker and asked the guy to wait a week so i could get my money order in.....he did not wait, he sold it for $900....If i had known I would have cleaned out my savings to get it...The Next one I was looking at was my DREAM X-MAG a Black to red fade, bran new X-mag for $1100. When I finally had the cash, he had a deal pending on friday(last friday)...I was the back up. I never got a email from him Sunday, even after bugging him alot. So i got frustrated and did some more searches for the X-mag..I could not find any more, that black gloss one was already sold. Durring this Time I was talking to a friend on AIM about what gun he should get, I told him what i was looking for and he gave me the Link to the Green X-mag that I first was looking at....Turns out I was searching under X-mag, and it was under XMag. Any way, I got a deal going with headcase that same day and payed him that same day he listed it :) Turns out the Prev buy could not wait for the New charger he was getting in from AGD and became dis-interested.....well Now I got it....Oh and right after I payed for the X-mag ($1150 shipped) i got a Email about the red to black fade, saying the Other buyer had a black out and is given till Tuesday night......Now he tells me, I would have waited but oh well, I have a X-mag!!!

An that is my AGD testimonial!

Dueydog
08-19-2003, 04:37 PM
Hey,
You need to read the manual that comes with the gun first before disassembling. To remove the valve you need to turn the gun to hybrid mode, pull the trigger with the air and safety off. Then unscrew and pull out. Easy.
Enjoy,
Matt

bmexline
08-19-2003, 04:44 PM
dueydog,
you got that off of ebay didnt you? beautiful gun btw. i looked at that and ALMOST bid but the seller had a 0 feedback rating and i talked myself out of it. wish i had bid on it now :eek:

Dueydog
08-19-2003, 05:11 PM
Yea, I was hesitant at first, but after a little research found that the kid was selling for his dad who was a very nice guy. Only had 8k shots on it and not a scratch. Like a new gun in box. I'll be traveling up the west coast the next couple of weeks and hope to shot plenty of players with my new toy.
Later,
Matt
Automag w/X-valve
MicroMag 2000 black vert
EMag black vert
XMag silver, Halo B, Flatline 68/4500
I think I like Mags!

Spartan X
08-19-2003, 09:54 PM
LOL I saw that one on ebay. odd that Your seller and my seller almost have the same name...Headcase....

speedyejl
08-19-2003, 10:01 PM
Love those DYE drops

Spartan X
08-20-2003, 09:31 AM
Yah...seeing that on a X makes me want one now....Oh well i can just use my micro drop for now. I have a big drop on my Omen and I am undesided if I want to go big again.

Spartan X
08-20-2003, 09:32 AM
HAD on my Omen, sorry Past tense :)

Spartan X
08-21-2003, 11:45 PM
YEEEHAAA Just got it in today!!!

terrorizer666
08-22-2003, 03:45 AM
Dude mine´s sitting in Neuss (Germany), maybe it will come tomorrow *squirt*

Bolter
08-22-2003, 10:01 AM
Hey that silver X-mag is exactly the same as mine. Same colour also!! Cool!!

Quote: To take the valve out you unscrew the screw behind the grip frame, and slide the valve out :Quote

Yeah make sure the air is off and gun de-gassed.