PDA

View Full Version : image not so bad

DocRocker
08-18-2003, 09:45 PM
Man I played this last friday at Urban warfare in AZ

Dude the comments I got from the players there. Everyone seemed to be pretty impressed by the automag. The only negative comment I gots was... damn but thats so expensive. SO I think the image maybe picking up some.

So another happy mag owner. Actually Ive always been a happy mag owner.

Carbon
08-18-2003, 11:47 PM
Sweet, what kinda mag do you have?

And what kinda comments did ya hear? Did they like the trigger, the feel of the grip, the balance? The ROF? The Build quality? Your overal setup of your gun, plust yer tank and foregrip setup? Give us the details man! DId ya let anyone play agame with it?

Did you hear negative comments about it? Or did they even know what Mag was?

Glad ya like your Mag!

DocRocker
08-19-2003, 09:04 AM
I gotta Blue Emag (no Xmag :( ) with a chrome drop, 68/4500 tank, nothing else special. Chrome powerfeed setup, battery is standard. Sorry no digital camera for pics. I'll see if I can get some up somehow.

Most of the comments were

Thats so sick!!
Thats tight!!
Dude thats scarry!!
Feels great!!
That level 10 is awesome!!

Negatives were:
After they picked it up, "Damn thats heavy dude"
How much new?
I cant walk the trigger that well. (I havent tried to tweak it yet though)

The rate of fire really didnt seem to match the Timmy's, shockers I saw outthere. Those things can throw some paint man. Its like you only have to wave your finger over the trigger to fire. Although they did have alot of trouble with trigger bounce and just keeping the guns working all the time. Mine gave me no problems what so ever.
The only thing I noticed was that my velocity stability was horrible. Single shots over the chrono went like: 240-260-235-275-260-245-255. Seems kinda all over the place. It was hard for me to set the gun to < 260 as the field wants you too. I could see this in the consistency of my shotting patterns as well.

Cryer
08-19-2003, 09:18 AM
I think since TK has come out with all these ULE mods, the overal image of mags in the public's eye has improved. I always get comments like that. My mags very light, too. People seem to like that alot.

Bolter
08-19-2003, 09:28 AM
Your chrono problem may be due to a couple of things. Were you using a mixmatch of paints in your hopper? Cause that will cause large variations in readings. Maybe you have got a brand new air system and/or bottle? As they will need running in. Although my flatline was fine straight from the box, but other people have had probs.

Anybody else any ideas?

Cryer
08-19-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Bolter
Anybody else any ideas?

Recently, I was having problems with bolt stick and erratic chrono readings, I cou'dn't figure out what it was. Then I broke down the gun and found a piece of teflon tape inside the valve. Might want to check inside, make sure yours is clean.

DocRocker
08-19-2003, 09:34 AM
nope I had a fresh case of paint and my tank is a few years old and should be broken in pretty well. These werent even fast strings of shots either. These were like: fire wait a second or two, fire etc

I hope someone else may have some good ideas

DocRocker
08-19-2003, 09:35 AM
I broke it down after play and I didnt notice any junk. I didn take of the reg nut and spring pack though. Wonder if I need to do that?

Cryer
08-19-2003, 09:41 AM
You shoudln't need to take out the spring pack, I don't think... When I looked at mine, the offending teflon was perched between the valve halves, wrapped around the reg valve pin in the center.

It may just be that you were shooting at a different velocity than your LX was used to ...

BTW, where at in TX are you? I'm in the process of moving to Bryan/College Station.

DocRocker
08-19-2003, 10:03 AM
Thanks Cryer,

I should actually correct where my location. I just moved to Phoenix AZ from Dallas in June. But TEXAS will always be my home town.

I hope youre not and Aggie
Hook'em!!!!!
he he JK

Bolter
08-20-2003, 07:24 AM
Not that it helps at all but I know someone who lives in Phoenix!! I must go there someday. He says its regularly 118f in the shade!!!

FalconGuy016
08-20-2003, 08:52 AM
My velocity isnt doing that well either :(
Last week it was perfect, literally perfect. 282, 282, 282. This week, it was like 250, 299, 283, 301, stuff like that. I guess ill break my valve apart today

terrorizer666
08-20-2003, 09:09 AM
Remember that your paint isnt always 100% fresh and that no all balls match the boresize of your barrel 100% buddy... Otherwise yeah, could be a flow problem tho.

Cryer
08-20-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by DocRocker
Thanks Cryer,

I should actually correct where my location. I just moved to Phoenix AZ from Dallas in June. But TEXAS will always be my home town.

I hope youre not and Aggie
Hook'em!!!!!
he he JK

Nah, I haven't started school, yet, but I'll prolly end up goin to A&M anyways. Its a good school.

I've been to Phoenix and I have a buddy there, when he plays, he goes to Xtreme pursuit.