PDA

View Full Version : PTP medusa info

Professor Chaos
08-18-2003, 10:12 PM
Hello AOer's

I am a long time AGD fan and user and very new to AO(I have been away from the sport for a couple of years). I recently saw some hints o PTP web sight on the medusa trigger for the mags so I did a search here and found some info but it has been a little dated. I am planning on calling PTP tommorrow but wanted to do my "homework" first and see if anyone had info on this product. I guess the major question I have is how does this new trigger work and perform alongside the Lvl 10 and the ULE trigger. It seems like to me that this new trigger actually shorten the trigger pull which is probably on everyones wish list of improvemnets right now. Any help on this question would be greatly apreciated

Mike

powerofthegospel
08-25-2003, 11:22 AM
i picked one up not too long ago. It's a full medusa not a lite, idk exactly what the difference is, but whatever. I have a classic vavle, and ans venturi bolt, but the thing still fires great. It does not however shorten your trigger pull. As you will find out, there is no way to shorten the trigger pull without damage to your mag. Hope this helped.

Peace,
J.J.

edit: i was not aware that different trigger frames change the pull length. I guess that could be true, but i'm no expert!

RRfireblade
08-25-2003, 11:32 AM
Here's one.....

A trigger frame can change the pull on a Mag,however it will always be a compromise.Either longer and lighter like a Benchmark or shorter and snappier like an Intelliframe.The Medusa I have is shorter than the original benchmark and a little snappier.It has a trigger rod adjustment that will allow you to change that a little in either direction.I also have the Dagger trigger which I really like.They also have stops to take out the slack in either direction,and have some excess material removed to save weight.

Jay.

Jack & Coke
08-25-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by powerofthegospel

...As you will find out, there is no way to shorten the trigger pull without damage to your mag...

That's not true... ;)

*ArKfEaR*
08-25-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Jack & Coke

That's not true... ;)

ULT... z-valve.

:D

Guaranteed methods.

powerofthegospel
08-25-2003, 01:02 PM
sorry guys, but i said shorten, not lighten. As far as i know all the ule trigger does is lighten the trigger pull, NOT shorten it. The z valve on the other hand, i have absolutely no experience with. All i've heard is that it doesn't really do anything, but i very well could be wrong. Jack and coke if you know any way to shorten your trigger pull i would be very open to hearing your opinions.

Peace,
J.J.

Jack & Coke
08-25-2003, 02:01 PM
no problem... i'm currently tinkering with a small and simple mod I did. I would like to test it out first before posting any final conclusions... hang tight for a few weeks... ;)

RRfireblade
08-25-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by RRfireblade

A trigger frame can change the pull on a Mag,however it will always be a compromis.

Either longer and lighter like a Benchmark or shorter and snappier like an Intelliframe.
Jay.

To do both add a ULT on/off and lower the pivot point of the trigger rod on the trigger.

powerofthegospel
08-25-2003, 05:11 PM
lookin forward to hearin what ya got jack & coke!

Jack & Coke
08-26-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by powerofthegospel
lookin forward to hearin what ya got jack & coke!

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=989212

:)