PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on E-Frames.

wobbles82
08-19-2003, 01:55 AM
Hey guys, just a few questions here or there. The other day I was ripping on my ULE RTPX (:D ) and I realized I simply want a trigger to sort of match the Timmys and whatnot I have been using. Mainly to run and shoot, running and shooting with the intelliframe kinda gives me a problem, nothing big. So what I need is opinions and reviews and comments on the e frames for mags. Are the boo-Yah! or Centerflag frames any good? Im sure it wont really compare to a E-Mag trigger seeing how there is no magnets correct? Would it be more efficient to just get a ULT (but the bolt stick scares me ;) ). Do these slap on E-frames need anything done? (Shaved pin,sear, i dunno you tell me.) Or would it be worth it to sell my RTPX and go Emag on dis hizzy? (Better trigger possibly) LMK! :p

Big'n slo
08-19-2003, 08:28 AM
I've heard some bad things about the Booyah frames but can't say anything about them because I've never used one. The Centerflag frame, on the other hand, is sweet! Very light trigger and I had no setup problems whatsoever. My only gripe is the grips could be more comfy.
As for selling your RT, thats prolly the way you should go. No matter what, an add on E frame will in no way satisfy your want for an Emag. At least it didn't for me.

Cryer
08-19-2003, 08:38 AM
Does centerfire still make the Hyperframe? Are they still capped?

I had considered buying one recently, but someone told me they went out of production...

Jack & Coke
08-19-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Cryer
Does centerfire still make the Hyperframe? Are they still capped?

I had considered buying one recently, but someone told me they went out of production...

From: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85438&highlight=hyperframe+and+20

Originally posted by hitech
I know it's been done before with the emag, but here is my old hyperframe set at 20 bps firing full auto. It is feed with a halo B.

I had to post this after all the problems I had with this hyperframe at Nor Cal AO Day. ;)

Okay, I finally hosted the video. Here you go.

First one:
http://home.earthlink.net/~larrydela/images/hyper1.avi

Next one:
http://home.earthlink.net/~larrydela/images/hyper2.avi

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=835023

20 BPS... WITH an Air Valve, and WITH a 9 volt battery!

Mango
08-19-2003, 08:50 AM
I love my E-blade....oh wait this isn't about cockers...woops ;) :D

Nick O time
08-19-2003, 08:50 AM
It's Centerflag Hyperframe and yes their frames are really nice, I have mine set to where u can touch it and it will fire. I don't have the new board in it though. Some people say you get mad shootdown with a classic valve, but that has never ocurred(sp) with me.

Cryer
08-19-2003, 08:52 AM
Been away for a while...

Thats Awesome! ...with an Air valve, no less!

Now I just need to scrape together some cash...:(:p

hostage
08-19-2003, 10:18 AM
I have heard good things about the hyperframes also they have the ability to shoot 20pbs w/ their new board.

On the other hand having about 7 booyaah frames and helped people repair theirs, I haven't had that many issues with them. You just need to know what you are doing. The boo-yaah will be the cheapest way. Also my boo-yaah mag trigger is soo light you can blow on it and it will fire.
-Doron

Vash02
08-19-2003, 11:25 AM
Trust me, you try the hyperframe ONCE and you'll be hooked. I used my friends hyperframed classic mag one time in a game situation and i fell in love. So, my own hyperframe should be arriving any day now.

P.S. anyone know how much it is for the new 20 bps capped board?

paintballbeaver
08-19-2003, 12:51 PM
new boards are 70.00 3 week wait unless you catch them when there in www.centerflagproducts.com

wobbles82
08-19-2003, 01:29 PM
Okie, so far I have concluded this? Boo-Yahs...not really worth it? Go with Centerflag if anything? But, go with Emag trigger over the Centerflag, the magnetic and performance trigger is much better? And as for the ULT? Im really considering this, but I do a lot of bunkering (or at least I like to think so) and I do not wanna work about chopping, so should I ditch this or what?

Big'n slo
08-19-2003, 01:36 PM
Lvl 10 will take care of chopping no matter what trigger you use.

wobbles82
08-19-2003, 02:50 PM
My bad on the word usage, I didnt mean "chopping". But it still is possible to get the bolt to put a ball into the barrel and the next one burst it correct? Anybody notice if this is easy or whatnot? Im really considering the ULT now, but I cannot have a single ball break! :D

Cryer
08-20-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by wobbles82
My bad on the word usage, I didnt mean "chopping". But it still is possible to get the bolt to put a ball into the barrel and the next one burst it correct? Anybody notice if this is easy or whatnot? Im really considering the ULT now, but I cannot have a single ball break! :D

If you short stroke it, you will end up 'chuffing'. That's when you'll get that barrel break you mentioned. Just like all mech trigger, you'll be able to get used to how it feels. If you dont want to worry about short stroking, then get an e-frame or e-mag.

If you end up getting the ULT, then don't put it in right before a tournie. Practice dry firing it first so you can get used to the lighter return.