PDA

View Full Version : Unemployed as of Sep 26, 2003

covadsucks
08-19-2003, 12:06 PM
How's this for a morning wake up call.
I walk into work after being gone for four days on vacation and get asked to see my dept manager immediately. With no warning or hesitation, I walk into her office and get told that the entire division I work for is gone as of Sept 26th. From Director to the lowest peon on the totem pole, we're no longer a viable workgroup (too expensive) and as such, our functions are now being sent to Saginaw Michigan (cheap slave labor;)).

Good thing I decided on holding off buying a new pickup truck :D...looks like I'll either be spending all day looking for a new job, or just becoming a gym rat again. Either way should be fun. Tuesdays are fun.

MicrOMag
08-19-2003, 12:57 PM
Thats my birthday. And on my birthday, I deem you *not* fired.

covadsucks
08-19-2003, 01:11 PM
Thanks, as my birthday is that Sunday, the 28th. Happy Birthday to me, I don't have to go to work the next day...so looks like I'll be going to every strip joint in the Bay Area to celebrate! WOO HOO!

Grey_Goose
08-24-2003, 03:43 PM
dude phillip that sux... hope things work out...

-=Squid=-
08-24-2003, 03:57 PM
Hey, I know that call!!!

Blennidae
08-24-2003, 04:17 PM
Sorry to hear it Phil. It always sucks to hear it happened to someone you know.

08-24-2003, 07:40 PM
My dad was unemployed for a year and trust me it sucked for me and him.

Albinonewt
08-24-2003, 08:11 PM
That's really rough.

Do you work in CA? CA's job market is just brutal right now, all that the state's been through is making it near impossible on anyone that lives there.

Pre-empt the people that are working with you now, and start looking out of state. It stinks to take root and move, but California is a disaster zone.

covadsucks
08-25-2003, 10:36 AM
Thanks for kind words, somehow I'll find something to do with my spare time...I think perhaps I'll go back to school and get a teaching credential, one never knows.

It really sucks because I am almost finished with my completely ULE Emag...and I have yet to shoot a ball through it.:mad: Oh well, take the good with the bad...maybe I can get my old manwhoring job back.;)

slateman
08-25-2003, 11:48 AM
Sorry about that man.

Not to get off topic, but my birthday is the 27th!! :D

Kevmag
08-25-2003, 07:19 PM
Hang in there. I just started working after being let go in Feb. The market was pretty bad, but it seems like it's getting better.

Good luck,

Kevin

PS - do I foresee a name change to "XOsucks"?

InfinatyBPS
08-25-2003, 09:32 PM
Wow, that sux, kinda makes me worried about my future, anyways, good luck on finding a job.

stondroopy
08-26-2003, 06:08 AM
hehe well a lil trip to the Kit KAt club should make you feel better.take care :)

covadsucks
08-26-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Kevmag
PS - do I foresee a name change to "XOsucks"?

LOL -good one...Xo is by far a better company than Covad was simply because Xo paid me some 24.5K more a year than Covad did.:D

I now get to take a month to six weeks off and go play golf and goof off till I have to actually get serious and look for another line of employment. It should be nice and relaxing since I was pulling a lot of 12+ hour days for the last six months.

jdev
08-26-2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by slateman
Sorry about that man.

Not to get off topic, but my birthday is the 27th!! :D

me too :)

hitech
08-26-2003, 09:16 AM
Really sorry to hear that Phil. I guess some things are too good to be true. ;) I hope you find something else that you enjoy. Good luck.