PDA

View Full Version : Texas Chainsaw Massacre fans?

GhillieGuy
08-19-2003, 12:10 PM
Well, i dont know about the rest of you but i loved the movie "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" just for the fact that it was inspired by a true story(not "based" on a true story). They kinda got the idea off of a serial killer in the 1950's. Well neways is there any other TCM fans out there? The new movie is comin soon!:D

http://www.texaschainsawmovie.com/

Python14
08-19-2003, 01:36 PM
I'm a huge TCM fan.

Nick O time
08-19-2003, 01:36 PM
but the new ones looks so cool, i want to see it.

Python14
08-19-2003, 01:46 PM
You really should see the original before you do anything else then. It's awsome.

Nick O time
08-19-2003, 01:51 PM
if i can but i don't know i might be buissy and stuff. i really want to see the remake of it though.

Clare
08-19-2003, 01:59 PM
They kinda got the idea off of a serial killer in the 1950's.

Yeah, lots of people seem to think that the movie is based on a true story. For those who don't know,the idea was "inspired" from the life of serial killer, Ed Gein. He was also modeled after for other movies like Psycho, Silence of the Lambs, and several others.

LIGHTEMUP
08-19-2003, 02:03 PM
freaky

snoogans
08-19-2003, 03:07 PM
ed gein lived in wisconsin, there's a movie about him. He'd cut up people and like make furniture out of their body parts, it's a really gross story. Also Geoffrey Dahmer lived in milwaukee, he was ghey and would go to ghey bars and attract other men to come to his house then we would kill them and like do stuff with there bodies, i heard he took one man's head with him to work and kept it in his locker. But yeah, silence of the lambs portrayed Ed gein the best, with the furniture out of skin and stuff. You know your Wisconsin history capo!

GhillieGuy
08-19-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa

Yeah, lots of people seem to think that the movie is based on a true story. For those who don't know,the idea was "inspired" from the life of serial killer, Ed Gein. He was also modeled after for other movies like Psycho, Silence of the Lambs, and several others.

Ya, and i was reading that TCM was orriginaly suposed to be filmed in Wisconsin but Gunnar Hanson (the guy who played the orriginal Leatherface) couldnt afford a ticket there..
Anyways i have a bunch of memorabilia from the movie. I even have an orriginal picture of leatherface signed buy Gunnar Hanson. For every Halloween i dress up as Leatherface and I take the chain off of my chainsaw and scare people.. it's really fun.

If you guys go here and scroll down there is a buncha links that have the true story of Ed Gein.
Ed Gein (http://www.texaschainsawmassacre.net/Convinced.htm)

ShooterJM
08-19-2003, 05:05 PM
Hmmm and on a less morbid note....

Isn't jessica biel in this new version?:D

GhillieGuy
08-19-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by ShooterJM
Hmmm and on a less morbid note....

Isn't jessica biel in this new version?:D
She sure is:D ;)

BLITZMULISHA
08-20-2003, 01:23 AM
i saw the original onewhen i was like 5 or 6 with my bro and his friend ryan
i was so scared :eek:
no joke itscared the hell out of me sorry moderators

kenndogg
08-20-2003, 05:00 AM
wasn't there already a remake of it with Matthew McConaughey?

dre1919
08-20-2003, 10:20 AM
^^
Yeah, that was the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The New Generation" and it starred Matthew McCaughnahey and Renee Zellwegger. It is one truly jacked up piece of cinema...I mean, you truly just have to watch it to fully understand what I'm talking about here. It's like Rob Zombie's "House of 1,000 Corpses" only waaaay more whacked out and strange.

ShooterJM
08-20-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by GhillieGuy

She sure is:D ;)

mmmmmmmm......jessica biel.....

jah871
08-20-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by snoogans
ed gein lived in wisconsin, there's a movie about him. He'd cut up people and like make furniture out of their body parts, it's a really gross story. Also Geoffrey Dahmer lived in milwaukee, he was ghey and would go to ghey bars and attract other men to come to his house then we would kill them and like do stuff with there bodies, i heard he took one man's head with him to work and kept it in his locker. But yeah, silence of the lambs portrayed Ed gein the best, with the furniture out of skin and stuff. You know your Wisconsin history capo!

Geoffrey Dahmer lived in Ohio. His old house is about 10 minutes away from me. My parents also went to school with him. Pretty weird stuff.

GhillieGuy
08-20-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by dre1919
^^
Yeah, that was the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The New Generation" and it starred Matthew McCaughnahey and Renee Zellwegger. It is one truly jacked up piece of cinema...I mean, you truly just have to watch it to fully understand what I'm talking about here. It's like Rob Zombie's "House of 1,000 Corpses" only waaaay more whacked out and strange.
It wasnt a remake it was just a sequel to the other. It wasn't anything like the first one..

-=Squid=-
08-20-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by jah871

Geoffrey Dahmer lived in Ohio. His old house is about 10 minutes away from me. My parents also went to school with him. Pretty weird stuff.

that would have to be creepy...anyone know if this new movie is a remake, or an actual sequel??

GhillieGuy
08-20-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-

that would have to be creepy...anyone know if this new movie is a remake, or an actual sequel??

The new TCM is gunna be a remake..

ThreeDy
08-21-2003, 08:37 AM
Here is a German print ad for a German hardware warehouse.

Body coyp text translation:

"Women at least do not moan if they have a little scratch like men do."

Claim:
Hornbach. There is always work to do.

I found it in a magazine named "Parents" for daddies and mommies.

Kinda funny...I guess and really compatible to the topic. :D

chizle97
08-21-2003, 09:09 AM
it would be sweet if it was like lether faces son insted of the original lether face cause the old guy in the previews had no legs

snoogans
08-21-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by jah871

Yeah then he moved to Milwaukee for a job opportunity or something

GhillieGuy
08-21-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by chizle97
it would be sweet if it was like lether faces son insted of the original lether face cause the old guy in the previews had no legs

Thats just becouse thats his dad in the movie, in the orriginal he worked at a gas station and it was just him, leatherface, his brother, and his grandpa.

Coal-Cracker
08-21-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by snoogans
ed gein lived in wisconsin, there's a movie about him. ...

Yeah I saw that a couple years ago. Beleive it was called "Ed Gein". Wasn't too bad from what I remember.

Yeah the TCM movies are classic. But if they really want to grab my movie-ticket money, they should keep putting out the "Zombie" flicks. Night of the Living Dead, NOTLD II, Return of the Living Dead, ROTLD II, ROTLD III, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Zombie,.... Romero and Savini rule.
Saw the original NOTLD as a child and it messed me up pretty bad. I will guiltily admit that, even now as an adult, I figure out how to fortify myself inside my home if the need arose. Of course this is done in jest. Ahem.

who_311
08-21-2003, 01:58 PM
Good lord! I love those movies. We actually just had a "horror" party. We just watched the TCM movies and Friday the 13th 1/2/3/final chapter. It was great. I think TCM wouldnt be as awesome if it wasnt a true story, but it is, so its awesome!

GhillieGuy
08-21-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by who_311
Good lord! I love those movies. We actually just had a "horror" party. We just watched the TCM movies and Friday the 13th 1/2/3/final chapter. It was great. I think TCM wouldnt be as awesome if it wasnt a true story, but it is, so its awesome!
Dude, its not based on a true story, it was inspired by a true story tho. There is a difference, they used ed gein's story to help make the movie.

GhillieGuy
08-21-2003, 02:05 PM
Here is the best source i have found on ed gein's case..
More on Ed Gein (http://www.fortunecity.com/roswell/streiber/273/gein_cf.htm)

Miscue
08-21-2003, 02:29 PM
Be careful with your links... make sure they don't lead to inappropriate photos.

GhillieGuy
08-21-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Miscue
Be careful with your links... make sure they don't lead to inappropriate photos.
Are there any inapropriate photos there?
:( :confused:

Jon/xpm
08-21-2003, 06:54 PM
Is the new one out using the org house in the first one?
if so it took about 20 mins away from my house :)
the org house is awesome....
huge dirty mansion and has the good ole creepy feeling

GhillieGuy
08-21-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Jon/xpm
Is the new one out using the org house in the first one?
if so it took about 20 mins away from my house :)
the org house is awesome....
huge dirty mansion and has the good ole creepy feeling
R u serious? Ya i think it is.. Have you been in it? Must know!!

Jon/xpm
08-21-2003, 07:55 PM
No...
i was told it was owned by people and that tcm rented it out? (not sure if this is tru)
Im double checking on this house right now...
it really looks exactly like the house
and every tells me thats where it took place so.. :)