PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Philly PSP => mostly good

graycie
08-19-2003, 04:49 PM
I'm really surprised someone hasn't started a thread on this all ready, since some of you were there. I was there pretty much every day last week, just hanging out and my overall impression was suprisingly good.

Location: most EXCELLENT!! just off of 76, not too far off from the city, my house, the hotels and in a well maintained park. that part of the park seemed to be the dividing line between nice area and beginning of ghetto area.

Vendors: not so bad for a series event, set up was easily accessable.

Fields: didn't play so i don't know, but 3 x-ball fields was a surprise to me.

Parking: wasn't as chaotic as i thought it would be

Reffing: 4 reffs per 10 man field??? I'm going to leave that one alone...

Security: ok, so the players area was sort of fenced off with people sorta checking for player cards,but you could get in through the edge of the dye field or inbetween the dye and jt field.
Also the CP electro scooter was stolen while it was charging behind their trailor, when there is supposedly someone back in that area keeping an eye on the vendor parking area.

All in all i had a good time I got to see Manike:D and some of my other friends i haven't seen in a while, and i think PSP should DEFINITELY have an event there again next year.

Jeb_Hoge
08-19-2003, 05:29 PM
You! You were there with the four-pound dog, weren't you? I was with Manike (and another guy was with us) when we talked to you...I said "He's just a baby" and you said "No, he's full grown." Right?

LOL, and the light goes on. Unless it wasn't. :D

Prairie
08-19-2003, 06:28 PM
Meh, I didnt see Amy :(

Anyway, PSP Philly was good...The reffing I was a little disappointed in from what I could tell, most of them seemed to be random kids without shirts on. Definetly needs improved.

All and all it was cool though!

minimag187
08-19-2003, 06:45 PM
Yea, my local team (Total Eclipse, I only play with a few of their members once in awhile) won the div 2, which is cool. Did any of you see them play at all?

Prairie
08-19-2003, 07:05 PM
Yep..saw them play, and the little hottie girl they had with them.

minimag187
08-19-2003, 07:22 PM
Ah, I think that would be Devins girlfriend (captain), but I couldnt be sure and dont take my word for it.

graycie
08-19-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Prairie
Meh, I didnt see Amy :(

Fillterina you no lub me anymore:( if you did you would of told me you were going to be there!:mad:

Jeb - jah, that was me with the chihuahua. were you the other guy when we were talking about Brits being pastey white?

Jeb_Hoge
08-19-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by graycie
Jeb - jah, that was me with the chihuahua. were you the other guy when we were talking about Brits being pastey white?

Yep...I was the non-Brit, almost as tall as Manike guy. So, hello then. :)

08-19-2003, 09:17 PM
The reffing was horrible. I saw some games that were so full of cheating that was so blatantly obvious but because it was a well known team vs. a team that was not so well known it was ignored. Then the refs proceeded to screw the team out of the pull even though they beat the well known team.

TheBigRaguPB4L
08-20-2003, 01:40 AM
I was mostly watching xball. The only time i was around the 10-man games was when i was lying on the ground sleeping. I was only supposed to be there for thursday, but the power outage in NY changed my plans alittle.

The xball fields seemed pretty honest to me. Being that there was almost a ref to a player on every field. One that that i kind of didn't get was in the xball rules. Everytime a player plays on, it's 2 min in the penalty box. IF your team loses that game, then you come out. So why not just play on every time and get put back in teh game when your time is up? I'm suprised nobody else has tried this. Not saying that i would, but no one's thought aboot it?

I thought the venders were kind of lackluster. Not that i've ever been to any other event to compare it to, but it just seemed like not much choice. I guess that was just me though. Still seemed like a pretty good event. Don't know if it was worth the 5 hour drive though.

P.S. yeah i saw manike there too. British accents always make me laugh. Especially when he was trying to yell out calls for xball.

Prairie
08-20-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by graycie

Fillterina you no lub me anymore:( if you did you would of told me you were going to be there!:mad:

I dunno your screenname anymore :(

< ThePrairieDogPB

Woogie12
08-20-2003, 12:18 PM
I went with my friend wednesday, thursday, and sunday. It was amazing IMO. Much better than the NPPL. I saw someone walking around with a cf minimag with a chrome intelli. Was that anyone on here? I had my mag with me, but WGP couldn't fix my drop.

Automaggin2
08-20-2003, 12:40 PM
It was definatly a great event. I finally got to see Xball, but I wasnt to happy aobut it. I dont like the reffing from the sidelines, takes alot of skill out of the game.

I saw a good number of Xmags, i was suprised. Looks like mags are making a come back.