PDA

View Full Version : Look What I Built!

Josh2Xtremes
08-20-2003, 03:29 AM
Hey gang...I made the mistake of cleaning out my closet tonight and actually FOUND enough SPARE MAG PARTS to build...THIS! Let me know what you think, as I am, after all, a slave to AO public opinion.
Josh :D

armyboot
08-20-2003, 03:44 AM
Looks good, just need an x-valve inside. :D

What kinda of grip frame is that and how do ya like it?

Josh2Xtremes
08-20-2003, 03:48 AM
Everyone asks about the grip frame! It's actually a Powerlyte Grip Styx frame. One I had leftover after I built my ULE body, Intelliframe, XValve "JEW-LE MAG" so that my X-Mag would have something to keep it company late at night. It's a great frame. Very light, durable, super trigger, and it's even angled five-degrees forward of a regular .45 frame so while it's not exactly a Y-Grip, it's very comfortable to hold and shoot. You can see more of it and the rest of the line at www.powerlyte.com
Josh

Smoke
08-20-2003, 04:00 AM
Very nice mag!

edweird
08-20-2003, 04:02 AM
Josh dude... that is super sweet mag for random parts!!

Always good to have a spare mag for the bag! ya know... just in case and such.

Come up with some spiffy name for her yet?

Marek
08-20-2003, 04:47 AM
You just had an Rt Valve lying around? Man, must be nice.

Looks like a great gun, and as mentioned, that's a cool looking foregrip.

Josh2Xtremes
08-20-2003, 05:28 AM
The outpouring of friendship is wonderful! Yeah, it was a little strange...first I found my black teflon main body, then the Retro Valve..then the POwerlyte grip frame...then a body rail...then the grip frame, and next thing I knew I had a pile of mag parts that were enough to build a gun...so I tried it and lo and behold..thar she blows!
I can't wait to shoot this thing! I put a little Shocktech drop and an old bottle adapter and ball valve on it as a bottomline...I'll keep everyone posted as to how it shoots.
The foregrip is an old Smart Parts, and odds are I'll replace the DYE barrel with a Powerlyte Speedline, but other than that, I think she's ready to play. If it works ok today at the shop, I'll bring it to Shatnerball to mow all who oppose Tom Kaye when my XMag is resting.
I don't have a name for it yet, no, but I was considering calling it the "RetroJewMag"

FalconGuy016
08-20-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Josh2Xtremes
Yeah, it was a little strange...first I found my black teflon main body, then the Retro Valve..

You FOUND a retrovalve? Agh... lol :) I like the mag, it really does look nice

Josh2Xtremes
08-20-2003, 09:14 AM
You should see what else I found in my own closet...I'm quite the packrat...about 400 rounds of .40 caliber ammunition...(was wondering where that went), some Crossfire banners, my old Unique pack, my extension cord...JT banner, Chipley low rises for a Cocker, my old Vents goggles...it's a jungle in there!
Josh

GT
08-20-2003, 11:33 AM
cool frame and there only 80 bucks factory direct.

cool mag

poolshark5226
08-20-2003, 11:39 AM
That's pretty crazy, nice mag for a spare parts one.
Josh, there's money to be made with your closet. Charge people $50 to spend 2 minutes in your closet, and they come out with whatever they can carry in one hand:)

shinobidice
08-20-2003, 11:46 AM
*sniffle* i wish i could just lose that kind of stuff into my closet! I dont have a retro/x valve to begin with, im sure i wouldnt forget that its in there!:D

Josh2Xtremes
08-20-2003, 11:54 AM
Hah! Not a bad idea Shark, especially considering I'm moving to more comfortable surroundings in a couple of months...might be a great way to clean house! I found my VHS copy of "Gettysburg" in there too I'd been looking for that!
The question is...and here's another one of those "you know you're hooked on paintball when..." deals...but. Is it bad when you clean out your closet and find a push-button fill station? :D Now I SUPPOSE I'll have to give that back...darnit...
Oh and Shinobi...play paintball since 93/94 and you'll be surprised what you lose! Especially when you're a gear nut and packrat like me! :D

UltimatePaintballer
08-20-2003, 12:15 PM
oh man i love that mag. if you can have all that crap just lying around, i envy you. also either sell that stuff you don't want and get some sweet cash for it, or hang up all those banners for a kick arse room.:D

Python14
08-20-2003, 12:19 PM
I have been trying to build a mag identical to that for going on two months now. Wanna trade?:D

Anywho, I wish I would find cool stuff like that. All I find are old lenses and pods with 4 year old paint in them....btw, I shot the paint I found to see what would happen. Can anyone say "surprising results"?

Regardless, you should come down to Roanoke and play. I'm sure the guys on Joyride and Snatch would let you in on their practice(hey, they let even me in)...plus Chuck and I need another AO person down here so we don't look like idiots.:D

hitech
08-20-2003, 12:35 PM
Can I come hang out in your closet? ;) I built a 'mag from spare parts also, and it looks NOTHING like that! :eek:

Very nice, BTW. :D

wobbles82
08-20-2003, 01:13 PM
Man Josh, you built a mag out of spare parts that rivals some peoples AO treasures. Lucky guy. Hey whats this in my closet?!?! SHAWEET! My old Dye Stickies box. :D

thecavemankevin
08-20-2003, 04:50 PM
http://www.neonspeed.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/hail.gif

what else do you have hidden in your close, Jimmy Hofa?

-=Squid=-
08-20-2003, 05:43 PM
Jesus likes to hang out in my hamper in the back of my closet.

BTw, whats with the "jew" comments?

poolshark5226
08-20-2003, 05:53 PM
Squid, pretty much all of Josh's guns have the word "Jew" in the name :D

SIGSays
08-20-2003, 11:54 PM
pretty sweet... you got any spare parts you wanna sell?

thecavemankevin
08-21-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-

BTw, whats with the "jew" comments?

ok, try and stay with me now, this involves a little math

Josh + religion = jewish!!!