PDA

View Full Version : Working out the final quirks in my setup-to-be...

PSYCHO+LOGICAL
08-20-2003, 04:14 AM
Hey,

I've been doing alot of research before buying a new marker and over all others, including bushmasters, cockers, impulses and even a lower grade angel, I came to the conclusion of buying a used 68 classic and using it as a platform to build up on.

I know there are alot of other great parts out there (intelliframe and such) but this is what I feel like making for my mid/front speedball needs. Please let me know if you see any quirks or have any opinions.

This is the base gun I found for cheap...
-68 classic Standard feed left
-vertical adapter
-gas thru grip
-stainless hose w/quick release
-smart parts wood grips (brown, blech!)
-shocktech drop fwd.

This is what I am planning on turning it into (some parts I already have)...

-68 classic
-ULE body (red or purple, i have this purple anodizing fetish)
-ULE trigger kit (eventually intelli too)
-Lvl.10 (when I have money I will move up to X-valve)
-black macroline w/purple fittings
-same vert adapter
-same gas thru grips
-purple or black '03 Stickies or SP Wood Grips
-black bullet drop fwd. single pin on/off (if it fits)
-Halo TSA or Empire re-loader
-Smart Parts All American 12" (black)
-68/3k Pure Energy tank w/Smart Parts gauge
-and to top it all off... *drum roll please*...

Custom purple anno'd Field Strip Screws! Yay! The best part.

Basically it will be purple and black which, personally, I think looks really sweet. A purple ULE body might be overdoing it though, and I may just get a black one and season it with purple bits. There is always red too...

Anyways, theres my great idea.
Any comments or suggestions, or if you see something wrong please point it out.
I'm also curious if there is a way to install an ACE so when there is no ball in the chamber it won't dryfire and tell my opponent to bunker me? On the frontline it only takes a couple seconds to get shot up while reloading.

So ya.
Thanks for checkin it out.

Peace

-B.

Dayspring
08-20-2003, 09:18 AM
First of all, welcome to AO.

Now, down to business...

Nice setup plans. While I can't agree with the whole Purple thing ;), there's a guy on here who will (Creative Mayhem).

As for the ACE question- you can't put an ACE in b/c you have a mechanical gun. Evan the Emags can't have an ACE fitted to them. The ONLY mag that has it is the Xmag. The alternative to that is to intellifeed your Revvy. (Probably a better option than the Reloader or TSA.) That way, with every trigger pull, the Revvy will spin and the ball will go into the gun.

Check out www.airgun.com and hit their technical section for info on this.

PSYCHO+LOGICAL
08-20-2003, 01:05 PM
its not the anti-chop feature I want. It's the anti-dryfire-and-tell-your-opponent-you-are-out-of-ammo feature.

That is why I was thinking the halo TSA hopper cuz you can reload with a 160 shot pod even if there is like 50 balls in the hopper.

So...

Anything else (besides the purple thing)?

Dayspring
08-20-2003, 01:25 PM
Not gonna happen. Sorry man.

Originally posted by PSYCHO+LOGICAL
its not the anti-chop feature I want. It's the anti-dryfire-and-tell-your-opponent-you-are-out-of-ammo feature.

Grasshopper
08-20-2003, 01:43 PM
Sounds like a pretty cool set-up. Just remember, the ULT was built for the RT-type valves. Most of the people that have put in ULTs into their classics seem to like it, though.

Sounds like a cool setup. It your not sure about the colors (like if the purple body would look good), you could photoshop it on there to get a general idea of what it'd look like.

Creative Mayhem
08-20-2003, 01:47 PM
Sounds like a nice setup... especially the Purple :D

Let me think...

1)Xvalve, get it.

2) get a revvy and intellifeed it... works better. Make sure the hopper is Clear in color, you can dye it purple.

3) ever think of a warp? AWESOME FOR FRONT/MID PLAYERS I love mine, and won't have a marker without it.

Personally I prefer the chrome/purple color scheme myself, but black and purple is good too. You may want to look into what all your parts are made of before you send them out for anno..(you can't anno the field strip screw, it's SS) Be carefull of the '03 Stickies on the intelliframe when you get them, they weren't designed for it and they can rip when you install them.

As for the "No-dryfire" device, it's called a clear hopper and your eyes. :p Just look at the hopper and you will know when you need to reload. If you're playing a snake... reload BEFORE you make the run for he snake, then you will be nice and full when you get there... :D

That being said, it sounds like you're off to a good start with the mag, I'll be looking forward to seeing what another one of my Canadian brethren can come up with, especially since its purple.;) Hope this helped.

CM

As a parting gift to you, here's a pic of my babies, the Purple People Eater, and my Xmag(AFTICA)
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=889122

PSYCHO+LOGICAL
08-20-2003, 02:01 PM
I think I just made a mess in my pants.

Thanks for the pics man. Those guns look awesome.

I didn't know you could dye hoppers. What kind of dye do you use? Is there like a smoke color dye?
Looked into dyes and read about RitDye. If I dyed a clear hopper with the black dye will it turn it BLACK or will it still retain some transparency?

Does anyone have pics of a 68 mag with black and purple?

PSYCHO+LOGICAL
08-21-2003, 01:23 AM
I've been looking into that dye thing and got a crazy idea for a black front fade to clear back, hopper...

Get a clear hopper and take out all the internals, then put the two halves together. The directions say to heat up the dye solution as directed and dip 1/4 of the assembled hopper halves into the dye and hold it there for a while. Then dip the hopper until it is halfway submersed and hold it there, but not as long. Then keeping the hopper on the angle you were holding it, take it to the sink and rinse the excess liquid off. Hopefully resulting in somewhat of a black to clear fade effect.

I will experiment with this and post my results...

SIGSays
08-21-2003, 08:22 AM
2 fruits in one thread... j/k... when i get my xmag i think i will get a purple one too.. it's so damn sheksy! purple used to be my favorite color in kindergarten.. hot snit!

Dayspring
08-21-2003, 10:45 AM
The purples are ok...

Pewter is SO much sexier. :D

(Problem is, at IAO the ONE good action shot of me is with the PURPLE Xmag... GRRR!)

PSYCHO+LOGICAL
08-21-2003, 01:42 PM
I was really thinking of like 70% black, 20% chrome (like with a boomstick or something) and 10% purple with the fittings and whatnot.

Black or purple grips?

Man... out of all the decisions of parts I had to make, the color scheme has to be the most difficult...

PSYCHO+LOGICAL
08-22-2003, 11:36 PM
I dunno.
As for colors I'm open to suggestions.
Nothing green or blue... *boring*

Grasshopper
08-23-2003, 02:05 AM
I wanna see a hot pink to purple to blue fade. Now that'd be cool. :)

PSYCHO+LOGICAL
08-23-2003, 03:25 PM
Eww...

This is coming from a guy who has a neon green hopper a flaming neon green rag on his head.

PSYCHO+LOGICAL
08-23-2003, 03:34 PM
BTW

I found a standard feed mag for about 100 bucks canadian shipped.
Apparently it needs new o-rings and because he was using co2 and a new bumper because he lost it.

I'm wondering if it is worth the hassle.

giant_gorilla
08-23-2003, 07:32 PM
Thats pretty good. For 425 Canadian I got a S/f Mag, a 68/3k tank, a JT Flex 7, 12" Dye stainless, a 4+1 pack, and a 12v Rev. Mag had a Kapp cradel and Phase 2 valve and bolt. I thought it was a good deal.

PSYCHO+LOGICAL
08-23-2003, 07:43 PM
Holy crap.

I need a deal like that...

What happens when a tank fails a hydro test?

PSYCHO+LOGICAL
08-24-2003, 12:36 AM
...and what does co2 do to classic mags?

giant_gorilla
08-25-2003, 12:52 AM
When a tank fails a hydro test, the place either puts a hole in the side of it to make it unusable, or they just don't renew the date, so no place will fill it. If it fails, you're screwed. Also, if the tank wasn't from Canada, it might not have a TC, or Transport Canada, number. If it doesn't, it can't have a renewed hydro date. If a place fills it without the TC number, they could be fined up to $50,000.

Supposedly CO2 blows your o-rings if the liquid hits them. I've never seen this happen, but I've never used CO2 with my mag.

PSYCHO+LOGICAL
08-25-2003, 01:27 PM
Ok, I just wanted to make sure it didn't wear anything out.

That seems to be the case with this mag I found for hella cheap. The previous owner used HPA but buddy used CO2 and made a bunch of leaks.

Does anyone have a complete o-ring replacement guide (or Parts Kit installation guide)?

Dayspring
08-25-2003, 01:59 PM
People seen to forget that mags ran fine on CO2 before nitro came around. You just have to take the proper precautions to keep liquid out. (Ex-chamber, anti siphon tube, sometimes even a reg)

As for the valve diagram- check your other thread.

Lemon
08-26-2003, 12:26 AM
Usernames in all caps are suck.
This is a new one.

Give me your used purple 12" freak front or 12" AA front and I will give you a brand new black 12" AA front. PM me.

--------------

Back to mags.

What is the difference between the stock valve and say a retro or X-valve?

Lemon
08-27-2003, 12:00 AM
...besides obvious quality. Like, do they do the job differently?

SocialD
08-28-2003, 10:17 AM
I accidentally bought this off of ebay. I noticed that you are going for the purple look and thought that you might be interested. I'm looking to get $30 for it shipped. It is brand new and never used. LMK if oyu are interested.

Darrick

Lemon
08-28-2003, 04:42 PM
You 'accidentally' bought it?

lol

I already have a black one. It's going onto my Tippmann on consignment and I'm actually looking for a different one. Preferably also black.

UNLESS
Unless you wanna trade On/off switches.
That would look sweet on both of ours.
I'll pay shipping.
Just get it to me and tell me how much shipping is and when I send mine I will include some cash or a money order if you want.

Mine is brand new btw so its mint.