PDA

View Full Version : The value of the Xmag

GT
08-20-2003, 03:36 PM
well,

I was doing some new gun soul searching. I really wanted a new Xmag but I found the price to be a bit much. Now this isnt a thread designed to bash the price of the X rather is it worth the price they are asking.

I sat down and tried to figure out why the X carriers such a primo price. Its not much more than an ULE Emag with an ACE. Sure its light, although there are debates as to how light the x is compared to the ULE E, but does that require a $400 price increase?

anyways just a few comments.

LaW
08-20-2003, 03:52 PM
It all depends, in my opinion... no its not worth the extra but I love my sfl so I can't complain ... bought it used though but whatever :)

but yeah besides removable breech and ACE they are pretty much the same marker

and it is probably a little lighter then a full ule emag I suppose, i would have to hold them side by side

Look at the prices on some other markers... for example a 1700+ dollar IR3... what the heck is that all about? worth it? not to me :)

SIGSays
08-20-2003, 03:56 PM
well a xmag does seem like alot more time was put into making it... duh

BlackVCG
08-20-2003, 03:59 PM
The difference in weight between the X-Mag and the ULE-Mag is negligible.

The only reason why you should think about getting an X-Mag is if you really want to get a custom look to the gun. You can get it in basically any color/fade, but depending on what you want it might be even more. The ULE-Mag is going to be all black, unless you get raw parts and get them anodized to your liking.

The ACE is more of a pain, if anything. Although it does allow the gun to have a regular on/off switch, you can get the same style on/off switch to put in a ULE-Mag from KayleAGD for $35.

There's a few other things to consider, like the module setup, but with the Warp ULE bodies out, you can switch between Warp and vert. feed on a ULE-Mag almost just as easily.

pito189
08-20-2003, 04:01 PM
I'm pretty sure it's the milling. The milling is what takes the longest.

Then there is the removable breech, the ACE, and even the on/off switch. All those add up to it being that much more. Also they are custom built. You get a call before yours is annoed to see what you want.

bmexline
08-20-2003, 06:25 PM
imo the xmag isnt overpriced. what you get versus other guns in the same or higher price level and its VERY competitively priced. i think the emag is UNDER priced. well, maybe not underpriced since it seems like everyone buys an emag then goes out and buys a ule body. i think the emag/xmag linup is missing a middle ground marker, like a ule bodied emag. 1400 is a bunch for a paintball gun, however since most of us agree that the xmag is one of the best markers out there, then the price is inline or a little below w/ what the industry is charging for the best of the best markers.

to me the ace is a waste if you have lvlx. seems like a lot of xmag owners dont even turn on the ace. to me your paying for the body and the bragging rights and excusivisity (is that a word?) of owning the xmag.

JAM
08-21-2003, 10:06 AM
It's not over priced- it has a lot of extras and sweet milling that add a lot to the price.

the question is whether it's overpriced to you- for me, yes (and i have owned one in the past). It shoots for all intents and purposes just like an Emag. the trigger and such are exactly the same. i found the Ace to be not very helpful. I don't use warp, so the breech issue to me is moot. It does look and feel sweet. it's not easy or fast to turn a block of aluminum into that body. the on/off switch is the best/most used feature i found on the X.

so, Emag- 99% of the performance for almost $600 less. decision?

JAM
08-21-2003, 10:08 AM
oh, and an emag with a new rail/body milled combo would be killer.. hint hint, please, please.

bmexline
08-21-2003, 10:28 AM
of course, how many of us will shell out the 200-250 for the deadlywind dallara body when it comes available? i know i will. so lets see emag=900 barrel=100 body=225 fade anno=175. that add up to $1400 total. what was it xmags were selling for again? oh yeah, and they have ace and removable breech. looking at it that way they dont seem overpriced to me at all.

Marek
08-21-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by bmexline
of course, how many of us will shell out the 200-250 for the deadlywind dallara body when it comes available? i know i will. so lets see emag=900 barrel=100 body=225 fade anno=175. that add up to $1400 total. what was it xmags were selling for again? oh yeah, and they have ace and removable breech. looking at it that way they dont seem overpriced to me at all.

Or, you could get the stuff used. I got an Emag LX for $500, CP barrel for $25, and the body is $225. That's $750 which is almost half of a new Xmag. But, since we are comparing used prices, Xmags used still cost above 1k easily.

Just like the SFLs, they are somewhat rare and look great. Any difference in performance, nope, and that's why I sold mine. (SFL that is)

I'm guessing that we are pricing the CNC model. How much does the regular Xmag cost? That might be closer in price to a ULE Emag and to me looks better.

bmexline
08-21-2003, 11:00 AM
yeah, i was trying to compare apples to apples. new/new. used of couse the e is cheaper but then again you would need to wait for the x's to be out for a couple of years and their value to have a chance to drop before you could compare a used e to a used x.

Marek
08-21-2003, 11:29 AM
Yea, but even SFLs that have been out for at least a year are still well over a grand. But I see your point.

Well, my question still stands though. How much does a reg Xmag cost?

bmexline
08-21-2003, 11:48 AM
airgun euro says non c&c xmags are 742 euros and c&c are 872. anyone know the conversion to $?

terrorizer666
08-21-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by bmexline
airgun euro says non c&c xmags are 742 euros and c&c are 872. anyone know the conversion to $?

Not true, take a look at their shop. And british punds are not equal to a Euro...

bmexline
08-21-2003, 12:04 PM
yup, my bad

Marek
08-21-2003, 12:06 PM
AGD US doesn't make reg Xmags? Learn something new everyday.

LaW
08-21-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Marek
Yea, but even SFLs that have been out for at least a year are still well over a grand. But I see your point.

Well, my question still stands though. How much does a reg Xmag cost?

You want to know one reason for that? There are only 25-35 SFL emags ever produced and in circulation... rare :)

GT
08-21-2003, 12:29 PM
thanks for all the comments guys. When I posted this I thought it was going to turn into a mad flame but it didnt. Good job guys.

feel free to keep posting.

jb

Marek
08-21-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by LaW
You want to know one reason for that? There are only 25-35 SFL emags ever produced and in circulation... rare :)

Yea, I know, 50 produced and 40 sold. I use to own one. Then I got a Timmy.

bmexline
08-21-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by gtrsi
thanks for all the comments guys. When I posted this I thought it was going to turn into a mad flame but it didnt. Good job guys.

feel free to keep posting.

jb

its my calming presence that is keeping everything in check:rolleyes:

LaW
08-21-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Marek

Yea, I know, 50 produced and 40 sold. I use to own one. Then I got a Timmy.

yeah but the thing is there were NOT 50 produced and there were LESS than 40 sold :)

Marek
08-21-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by LaW
yeah but the thing is there were NOT 50 produced and there were LESS than 40 sold :)

The first 10 were made were not sold to the public. The next 40 were sold to the public, and they sold out on the shocktech website. Got this from a tech, so unless he's lying, I trust his word.

LaW
08-21-2003, 08:46 PM
still wrong but oh well, according to shocktech they only made 35 at most :)

smilestyler
08-21-2003, 09:51 PM
Were not some of the SFL bodies milled incorrectly? That's where I thought maybe there was a discrepancy in the numbers.

Do you think the SFL will decrease in value once the Xmag demand is met?

Marek
08-22-2003, 04:07 AM
I know on the one that I had, the SFL lvl 10 wouldn't fit. The regular one fit, but I didn't know that until after AGD sent me the SFL lvl. 10. They filed it down for it to fit, but yeah, something was kinda weird.

I would think not, since there are a limited number of them out there in the world, and I don't think that they will ever make them.

smilestyler
08-22-2003, 09:28 AM
Marek; I heard some where there were SFL that are for display only and cannot be safely used because Shocktech milled the body too thin. Rumor?

Marek
08-22-2003, 12:11 PM
Never heard of that one, but I wouldn't be surprised. Maybe they were the prototypes at different stages to pass a set tolerance level.

JAM
08-22-2003, 01:16 PM
man, if only Shocktech would make a new SFL... I love the look of them- more mechanical. less flowing than the XMag.. it appeals to me.

of course, it would cost 1600.

LaW
08-22-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by JAM
man, if only Shocktech would make a new SFL... I love the look of them- more mechanical. less flowing than the XMag.. it appeals to me.

of course, it would cost 1600.

I do prefer the sfl milling to the xmag milling, just more going on, more mechanical like you said :) great lines