PDA

View Full Version : Bad Bumper = Bolt Stick?

afrankart
08-20-2003, 05:18 PM
First off, I was shooting the remaining paint i had left over from this weekend in my backyard. My ULE trigger was working pretty good this weekend, I was getting bolt stick maybe once every other game. Well today, I was getting bolt stick like every single time I shortstroked or put my finger in the breech to test the level 10. After i used up all my air, I took my marker apart to clean it up and oil everything when I noticed that my bumper was extremely chewed up and part of the middle appeared to be smashed out, making it thicker. I was wondering if this could be the reason I am getting so much stiction, or is it still the new on/off? I am out of air, and bumpers, I will have to wait until I get both to see. Any thoughts?

jayel579
08-20-2003, 08:30 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=98236

take a look here man, i dought it will help with the bolt stick. i had the problem when the bolt bumper blew out my level 10 was leaking down the barrel. i still have yet to get my stuff in the mail, but i think the bumper might be key to some of the problem.

im no tech with these mags. i been waiting for someone who can really answer the question, but that link with the second link in the message might help you out.

edweird
08-20-2003, 10:25 PM
I have seen instances where a tore up bumper has caused bolt stick by lodging peices of the tore bumper between the spring and the bolt.

My suggestion is to get that new bumper installed and if possible use the old style blue bumper... I have yet to make a scratch on mine since installing it months ago.

Nick O time
08-20-2003, 11:22 PM
I tore up my Clear bumber in my mag in a matter of days. I haven't torn up my old blue one yet, and it's been like 2 months.

PsychoBaller
08-21-2003, 02:14 AM
Cough.... shims shims shims..... bolt stick - try adding or removing a shim.. u'd be surprised how those little suckers help.

afrankart
08-21-2003, 05:28 AM
A level 10 shim or a ULT shim? I never had any problems with stiction before the ULT, sho I wouldn't think I would need to change anything in the LvX.

SG Avenger
08-21-2003, 08:30 AM
It's true, at least from my personal experience, I had a torn down clear bumper that would ride my bolt and cause the gun to lock up, because it wouldnt seat properly when the bolt returned.

I put in the blue one from an original valve, and it worked ok, until i could replace it with another clear one.

Basicly the sear isnt catching the bolt enough to return the trigger pin to the firing position.