PDA

View Full Version : automag help

midnhtsun
08-20-2003, 08:14 PM
Hi I have a automag classic, I am looking for some upgrades that will possibly help with the distance on my gun. Here's what ive got on it thus far
14" smartparts all american barrel
8 hole mod
compressed air, also I have been noticeing a lot of drop off on the gun while chrono the gun itll jump from being off by a few numbers to about 30. I do still have an expansion chamber on it from when I use to use co2. Any help that can be given would be apreciated!

Dayspring
08-20-2003, 09:24 PM
The only way to gain distance on your gun is to increase your velocity.

No barrel (outside of the Tippmann Flatline- which doesn't fit a Mag) can give you increased range.

jpm
08-20-2003, 09:24 PM
What you need to do is send your marker in and have AGD install more Range Elves. Sounds to me like you are short a couple.

In all Seriousness...
velocity = Range No escaping the laws of physics.

About the only thing you can get that *reportedly* enhances range is the Galactic-Z body. Good luck finding one.

anthrakz
08-20-2003, 10:49 PM
Depends on how you have your tank setup. If you have it on a coil remote on your back with an expansion chamber with at least 4 stages, you should be "ok" except during long strings of paint. If you have it on gun you're probably sucking too much liquid for even an expansion chamber to handle. Remember, expansion chambers restrict air flow. Take one apart and you'll see why. A nitro tank and new barrel are good starting upgrades. Forget about the 8 hole mod. Thoese 8 holes are still feeding the 1 hole on the vavlve body. So even if you have 800000000 holes, it still has to flow through 1 hole.

bsolomon
08-21-2003, 11:03 AM
Also check your reg seat. If you haven't replaced it in a while and it's cupped on top, this can account for inconsistent velocity.