PDA

View Full Version : ULE Body double/triple feeding

RoadDawg
08-21-2003, 02:09 AM
Ok. I know it has to do with the detent. I tried tightening it up more didn't work. I'm about to try to remove the xtra oring that was put in previous to me owning this. Anyone else have this problem? If so how did you fix it?

Thordic
08-22-2003, 09:02 AM
Is the detent functioning properly? Like, the nub isn't stuck inside the detent, and is springing in and out normally?

Its possible the nub got stuck in the recessed position.

ignatz
08-22-2003, 10:42 AM
What's your input pressure? If its at or about 600 PSI that might be the problem.

RoadDawg
08-22-2003, 12:55 PM
It was around 750-800. I normally leave my flatlines at that setting. The detent is working fine. I unscrewed it a bit and now it's working somewhat. I think I was using a larger size paint and it was catching the detent more. I later tried some smaller bore paint and it worked ok. A couple d/feeds but not many. There is still that gap of error. I've got to work with it a little longer.

unclebingo
08-22-2003, 02:05 PM
Hey Road,

I, too, had similar problems with the ULE ball detent: double, triple feeds or worse. I tried different size o-rings, paint, barrels, etc., to no avail. I found a sticking ball detent to be the culprit. I discovered that every once in a while, the ball would stick inside the detent housing and the paintballs would just trickle out the barrel. I tried oiling the detent, working the detent with my fingers to help "break it in". No dice! So, I purchased a packet of Angel ball detents and the problem totally went away. I recently ordered an aluminum ball detent from kilaueakid on this forum:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93558&highlight=detent

You might think about getting a new detent. Could fix all your problems.

FWIW,

ub

:D

RoadDawg
08-22-2003, 06:27 PM
For curiosity sake. What does the pressure at 600 have to do with it? I'm curious.

ignatz
08-22-2003, 09:02 PM
I have a ULE EMat with a Flatline tank. The last time I went to play, I was having a problem with double and triple feeding. At first I thought it was the detent so I replaced it with a ShockTech and was still having problems... I checked the pressure and it was at about 600 so I turned the pressure up to about 750 and the multiple feeds stopped.

unclebingo
08-22-2003, 09:40 PM
I varied the input pressure, too. No help. Like I said, for me, the ball detent was defective. Removed from the main body, I could duplicate the sticking about 1/3 of the time: the ball would recess in the detent housing and would take a few bumps to fully extend. There was an edge to the seam about the circumference of the ball. I believe that was catching on the spring or the housing. Replacing the detent did it for me.

ub

:D

RoadDawg
08-22-2003, 11:07 PM
Mine hasn't been sticking. I took it out and tried to make it stick for about 30 min (yes I was bored), I put it back in and went and shot some paint and out of 180 rds no double feeds. So I guess I just have to adjust it with the different size paints