PDA

View Full Version : x-board or reloader

Jerhew
08-21-2003, 06:27 PM
ok here's the deal i have limited funds and i have a GOOD revvy shell, not the newer pos ones
is the reloader much faster than an x-board?
i want to hear from people that have tried both...
also
even though i know someones gonna say it anyway,
NO, i don't want to by an egg2 or a halo b, i dont have the cash

LaW
08-21-2003, 06:32 PM
if you have a warp you need the xboard but if you dont use warp reloader is much better then the xboard i was using in my opinion

wobbles82
08-21-2003, 07:18 PM
agreed and agreed :D Reloader over Revvy without a Warp, no contest.

Jerhew
08-21-2003, 07:25 PM
k cool thanx guys
i was kinda leaning toward the reloader anyway...
anyone know where the best price is on one?

dinger
08-21-2003, 07:37 PM
ah yes! this is a question that i was pondering myself..

What is the better loader: Empire Reloader, or the RevLolution 12volt w/ x-board?

and appearently the reloader seems to be better :o but doesn't it only load like 11 bps??

TheTramp
08-21-2003, 07:51 PM
Personaly, I do like the Reloader but if you already have a 12 Revy and funds are an issue. I'd just get the X-Board and the curved up impeler (forget what it's called).

If you didn't have a motorized hopper I'd go with the Reloader but I don't think the difference is enough to buy a whole new hopper.

Mega Man
08-21-2003, 08:23 PM
I'd see go X-Board, I own and X-Board and shoot my gun w/ reloader and just didntlike it. Plus it's cheaper to get a nd X-board.

spyxtra
08-21-2003, 10:49 PM
i have used the reay 12 vlt but nvr used the reloader so i cant make a very good conparison but my experance with the revy has been good and if it is good enough to keep up with my freind ripping up 12 bps then its good enouhg for most ne one else in the middle range of loaders

snoogans
08-21-2003, 10:54 PM
definately go with the reloader, my friend nick o time has one and it is realllly nice :)

LaW
08-21-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by snoogans
definately go with the reloader, my friend nick o time has one and it is realllly nice :)

yup its nice, i had problems with mine when i got it but found out that the connector was on wrong or something so it spun the wrong way and jammed

dinger
08-22-2003, 12:16 AM
paddle spun the wrong way? heh, good thing the paddles aren't angled, or else you would have had paintballs flying out of ur hopper!! LOL:D :D :D :D :D

edit: this was my 100th post! yay

Jerhew
08-22-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Personaly, I do like the Reloader but if you already have a 12 Revy and funds are an issue. I'd just get the X-Board and the curved up impeler (forget what it's called).

If you didn't have a motorized hopper I'd go with the Reloader but I don't think the difference is enough to buy a whole new hopper.

well thats the thing
i've seen the reloader kit for as low as $30...you just drop it into your revvy shell

the xboard only feeds when the neck is empty and the reloader spins every time you fire...so it never has a chance to let the neck get empty....
on the other hand agitated loaders top out at around 13 bps anyway(pull harder, stupid gravity)
so if the xboard can do 13 anyway...it's a mute point...
but the reloader does come with the groovy impeller...
ah decisions decisions

Jerhew
08-22-2003, 01:02 AM
by the way
the cheapest i've seen a vortex impeller is $6 and $15 for the x-board...

so either $21 for an x-board and impeller
or $30 for the reloader(comes with impeller and new motor)

basically for $9 more i have a backup set of electronics for my revvy
as long as my shell holds up im golden(and it's an oldskool rev shell so it ought to...ive had it for years)

MantisMag
08-22-2003, 12:50 PM
did this last year. hope it helps your decision some.
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50291

Jerhew
08-22-2003, 12:57 PM
thanx mantis...
thats not bad at all for the x-board and vortex
actually all that did was make my decision harder:D

A to the G-Dizzle
08-22-2003, 02:01 PM
Xboard Revvy

dinger
08-22-2003, 02:08 PM
how many arms are on the paddle of the reloader??

penguinpunk555
08-22-2003, 02:28 PM
reloader

Jerhew
08-22-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by dinger
how many arms are on the paddle of the reloader??

5 i believe
but you have to remember that it spins every time the gun fires not just when there's a jam...

Zenwood
08-22-2003, 05:53 PM
Reloader.

Have used both, like the reloader better. As stated before it spins after every shot so it doesn't wait for a space in the ball stack. Also was able to get rid of the wire between my I-frame and hopper since the reloader makes it unnecessary. The reloader is supposed to be a little better with battery life than revvys, but I can't confirm that since I've only played a couple of days with it since I got it. The motor is a tad louder than the revvys, but that doesn't really matter since it only runs when your marker is shooting.

The reloader prop has 6 arms btw.

Jerhew
08-22-2003, 07:04 PM
thanx zenwood

one other question
those of you who have used the reloader kit in a rev body
did everything fit ok?
i read somewhere that it didn't fit quite right and ended up cracking their shell
not that it's a big deal...if it's too tight i'll just file or dremel a hair out of my shell...
but it'd be good to know

LaW
08-22-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Jerhew
thanx zenwood

one other question
those of you who have used the reloader kit in a rev body
did everything fit ok?
i read somewhere that it didn't fit quite right and ended up cracking their shell
not that it's a big deal...if it's too tight i'll just file or dremel a hair out of my shell...
but it'd be good to know

I have my reloader in the old shells and had them in the new shells

68magOwner
08-22-2003, 09:49 PM
ok, that guy clocked his X board revvy at ~13bps, i put in fresh batteries, loaded up 200 rounds, held my reloader ofer a bucket, and i had my brother time it as i flicked the side (to set off the sound activation) it came out at15-16 bps, i thought "that cant be right" but i did it 3 more times with at least 15bps each time

dinger
08-22-2003, 10:32 PM
for a string a revy might be good.. but if you snap shoot and then whip out like 18bps, the revy is gonna be slow to loading all that :o

Automaggin2
08-22-2003, 11:18 PM
I use a reloader on my cocker. It is amazing. It feeds every single time you shoot, its almost like having a intelliframe. I have never miss fired.