PDA

View Full Version : Update on AGD Products

AGD
08-22-2003, 12:40 AM
AO,

You all have been asking about stuff so here is the update.

Reg seats for Flatlines are being produced in England and are promised in the next few weeks. We will believe it when they get here.

This batch of Xmags is going to ano this week. No warp right modules at this time since they are being redesigned for a 90 degree feed tube.

The next batch of Xmags is getting cooked quickly over in England to try and get them through before the big lawsuit happens. Watch for progress pics on the forum.

Warp Sluggos now have a print and the po is with the machine shop. Maybe 4-6 weeks since they are behind on other stuff of ours.

More ULE bodies both vert and warp are on deck too.

ULE bodied Emags and RTpros are happening as soon as we get the J&J barrels back from ano.

New rail for base mags is in the works, we are deciding here on the forum what cosmetics to use.

There will be a Sluggo Rail available when the new rail comes on line too. This is for Classics and Minimags not RTpros or Emags.

The original RT trade in of your old body and valve for a new X valve and ULE body is getting finalized this week. I think the price was 325 or so with trade in.

We are calling the ULE Trigger Assembly a big success and are about to run out of the first batch. More on the way but we might be out of stock for a bit.

The Smart Parts lawsuit has been moved to October so we are going forward with the 3.0 software for now. My software guy can take forever or sometimes does it overnight so I don't know when it will happen. It IS in the works.

We have a new scenario Slug body in the works but its secret for now.

We have a new VERY COOL milled slug body that we are gearing up on. Once our machine shop gets up to speed with contour milling we can do more coool cosmo stuff on the slugs.

Thats all for now!!

AGD

Kid_A
08-22-2003, 12:47 AM
Wow! Lots of stuff happening with AGD.

I'm dissapointed with the cost of the RT trade-in program though. X-valves sell for 225 at events (i think) and ULE bodies are 145. That means if we do the trade-in program we're only getting about $50 bucks for our valve and body. I'm hoping the price will be less than the 325 figure, but I think I'd rather stick with my cool looking SS RT body and long lasting SS valve for that price.

DiRTyBuNNy
08-22-2003, 12:54 AM
So the X bodies are finally leaving for Ano? (I got "the call" almost two weeks ago..that's why I was wondering)

wolverine85929
08-22-2003, 12:55 AM
Thanks for the update Tom.:cool:

Jack & Coke
08-22-2003, 12:56 AM
thanks for the update! :)http://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Regarding the 3.0 software...

If Smart Parts brings on a lawsuit, will we still be able to flash our 2.4 to upgrade it to 3.0?

If not, does that mean we need rush and send in our boards ASAP if we want the 3.0?

Sooky
08-22-2003, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by AGD
ULE bodied Emags and RTpros are happening as soon as we get the J&J barrels back from ano.
Hmmm, I just got my new RT Pro in... guess I should of held off a few weeks. Oh well, I guess its just an excuse to get a Dallara body!:D Although this sounds interesting...

We have a new VERY COOL milled slug body that we are gearing up on. Once our machine shop gets up to speed with contour milling we can do more coool cosmo stuff on the slugs.

damageinc54
08-22-2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by AGD
Reg seats for Flatlines are being produced in England and are promised in the next few weeks. We will believe it when they get here.

If this is the confidence you have in your supplier then you should find a new one. I find it very hard to believe that you cannot find a company in the US to make a reg seat. The wait on this item is unacceptable to those of us who own 4500 Flatlines.

FooTemps
08-22-2003, 12:58 AM
YAY! We finally get an update! All that stuff sounds cool. Very nice progress this year.

Jerhew
08-22-2003, 01:10 AM
We have a new scenario Slug body in the works but its secret for now.

this bit sounds interesting...
scenario as in it's gonna look like an mp-5 or something

kilaueakid
08-22-2003, 01:19 AM
I couldn't be more happy hearing about the new software update and in my opinion is the best thing on the list that will do the most for your company. Can we send tip money into your software guy to "motivate" him :D

I call 1st dibs on the software!

or

"Shotgun!"

kila

Blennidae
08-22-2003, 01:36 AM
No mention of the colored X-valves.:confused:

DiRTyBuNNy
08-22-2003, 01:37 AM
well I have to get my marker before I can have it updated...oh well...

Ov3rmind
08-22-2003, 02:22 AM
All very good news. I hope the ULE Bodied E-Mags come in soon, I'm second guessing my Viking right now, and the E-Mag is in mind.

Marek
08-22-2003, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by damageinc54
If this is the confidence you have in your supplier then you should find a new one. I find it very hard to believe that you cannot find a company in the US to make a reg seat. The wait on this item is unacceptable to those of us who own 4500 Flatlines.

Calm down man. It's not like your the only one waiting for one. I am sure that there is a reason that they order it from Europe. No need for the elitist attitude.

Good news to hear. Been wondering when my XRTP would come in and can't wait to get it.

Will there be calls when they are ready to ship out?

fire1811
08-22-2003, 06:35 AM
thanks for the update

Creative Mayhem
08-22-2003, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the update TK... as always, it's good to be informed fo new improvements and products.

Can't wait for the 3.0 software for my xmag.. :D And some of the other toys sound tempting too ;)

CM

Dayspring
08-22-2003, 09:38 AM
3.0 @ Shatnerball? Pretty please?!

SIGSays
08-22-2003, 09:55 AM
thanx for the update!

Automaggin2
08-22-2003, 10:26 AM
Finally, ULE bodied emags and RTpros :). Will the price increase with the ULE mags?

LaW
08-22-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Dayspring

agreed, and this 3.0 will work with the sfl emag as well ? or not?

AutomagRT1483
08-22-2003, 11:10 AM
Exactly how many X-mags are in this batch?? Do they go back to the pre-orders from march???

Jack & Coke
08-22-2003, 11:12 AM
From: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=98002&highlight=3.0

Originally posted by Skoad
i made a post a while ago and this is what tom said was on the software:

Tom_Kaye> will have shot buffering and cruise at 18 bps while walking

What the 3.0 will do is this:

You pull the trigger and the gun cycles( A ). If you happen to pull the trigger again during a small window (say 10ms), it will remember that trigger pull and cycle again( B ) once the original firing( A ) is complete.

Is this true? What will the buffer be on the 3.0?

WAS Equalizer has a buffering of 750 ms

The original Intimidator SOB board also had a buffer of 750 ms (actually a queue of 1 shot)

The new Angels are also suppposed to have a buffer, though I don't know what the time frame is.

It's good to see AGD finially catching up to the competition's high end gun software.

1stdeadeye
08-22-2003, 11:12 AM
I guess this means I need to get my Classic R/T ready to be shipped off and replaced. Gotta keep the X-Mag's back up in tip top shape!

? on the trade in though. Do we keep our level 10 kits on them or do you send new ones with the X-Valve.

Jack & Coke
08-22-2003, 11:20 AM
Is this just an "announcement" thread?

If so, are we all waisting our time asking questions in this thread?

Evil Bob
08-22-2003, 11:28 AM
That depends upon if Tom has time to respond or not, he's busy racing against the clock right now to get as many E/Xmags out the door before the SP trial begins.

Hopefully, SP gets laughed out of court for their broad patent claims so we can put this whole mess behind us and get on with life.

-Evil Bob

Jack & Coke
08-22-2003, 11:45 AM
Oh don't get me wrong... I'm not complaining that Tom is not replying. I totally understand how busy he must be.

I was just wondering if it would be better to start our own threads if we wanted to get our questions answered.

Then again... this thread is a stickie ;) :D

TheTramp
08-22-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring

I'm with ya! Just think how it'll help the Side of evil Tom!:D

magman007
08-22-2003, 01:25 PM
Yea tom, if it does get done, please dont hold out on us, you know you want all your little cyborgs cruising at 18bps, mowing down MAd cow, Shatner, and i guess if we have to, we can shoot Glenna s well

BetaMax
08-22-2003, 01:27 PM
I just hope the 3.0 comes out before my mag ships.

John Sosta, AGD Europe
08-22-2003, 01:38 PM
Good news the reg seats arrived today and they look good and will be shiped to the USA on tuesday why tuesday you may ask well today is friday we are 6 hrs ahead of you so too late for today saturday they will not collect and monday is a bank holiday over here so tues is the earliest we can dispatch them.

John

Miscue
08-22-2003, 01:40 PM
You're a beautiful man.

DiRTyBuNNy
08-22-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Miscue
You're a beautiful man.

That's just wrong on soooo many levels, 'cue...:D :D :D

brett
08-22-2003, 01:56 PM
Does AGD still have old reg seats? I sent my flatline in for tuneup and they replaced the reg seat.

BajaBoy
08-22-2003, 02:37 PM
someone has prob asked this already but with all the e/xmags what will the turn around be for the 3.0?

i would LOVE to have it for the 10man im playing in, at the end of sept.

Dayspring
08-22-2003, 03:32 PM
THANK YOU GOD!!!

Originally posted by John Sosta, AGD Europe
Good news the reg seats arrived today and they look good and will be shiped to the USA on tuesday why tuesday you may ask well today is friday we are 6 hrs ahead of you so too late for today saturday they will not collect and monday is a bank holiday over here so tues is the earliest we can dispatch them.

John

breg
08-22-2003, 05:51 PM
Tom,
Thank you for the update. It's good to know what the future holds when it come to your favorite brand of paintslinger. :D

As for the rest, I'm looking forward to getting a new Mag sometime here in the near future. So, keep up the good work...

Later,
Breg

vf-xx
08-22-2003, 06:24 PM
Or at least a version of it.

Tom - After looking at Nicad's new body you might look at matching a body rail to the Scenerio body. This would let you move the angled rail mounts down a bit (putting the lower groove on the body rail). This could clear up the problem of not being able to mount something on both sides that it had when you showed me. If you do that it could also have a rail mount on the front so you could move the flashlight underbarrel.

Just a thought anyway.

nuclear zombie
08-22-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by AutomagRT1483
Exactly how many X-mags are in this batch?? Do they go back to the pre-orders from march???

actually this batch is from early December, I think they are roughly 120 from being in the February batch .

also Tom mentioned the courtcase in october , if SP does win this (god forbid they do ) then will AGD be able to afford making the E/X-mag?

Hucklbry
08-22-2003, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the update Tom, but I still have two questions. First, when should we expect the colored x-valves? Second, are you still planning on putting the ULT in with x-valves?

Thanks again

AutomagRT1483
08-22-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by nuclear zombie

actually this batch is from early December, I think they are roughly 120 from being in the February batch .

also Tom mentioned the courtcase in october , if SP does win this (god forbid they do ) then will AGD be able to afford making the E/X-mag?

Well that sucks, hope mine goes into production before the lawsuit happens. Oh well, I'd still pay for it. ;) Just because I want it more than life itself.:p :D

cphilip
08-22-2003, 10:29 PM
Some of these are even from last November. And the figure I heard was 75 which would be a large batch and might be the last of November and December as well. Biggest I have heard so far.

DiRTyBuNNy
08-22-2003, 11:17 PM
I may have an X off to ano but I'm actually most excited about the ULE-Pro's....

Xyxyll
08-22-2003, 11:46 PM
Woah, awesome AGD!

I am very curious about this scenario body. :D Is this for a "scenario game" theme or something?

Mr.Orange
08-23-2003, 03:47 AM
Hello all!

MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED! :) A scenario slug body for my marker! So I can look cool with all the other scenario markers!

Is this in competition to the new scenario autococker?

My fingers are crossed that this is what I think Tom means, a military look a like and not a Borg Phaser pistol slug body for the Shatner scenario games... :D

James

Naples Italy

Wackomin
08-23-2003, 05:07 AM
It's great to see that Tom is still keep everyone informed on the things that are going on with the company. I'm highly anticipating the Flatlines because I wasn't able to pick one up before I was activated. I just have to say I can't wait to get home and start paintballing again... It's getting close to 7 months now and I don't think the military has any intentions of sending me home until Christmas. I hope you can save me a flatline...an ULE trigger... and a ULE warp body... It would be a great coming home gift....

I hope things are well in the US. 140 degrees is as cool as it gets in this desert. Take care guys.

WackoMin from Balad, Iraq.

vf-xx
08-23-2003, 11:02 AM
MR orange: If the body I saw is anything like what they end up producing it's not the borg phaser. Like all of AGD's stuff it'll be quite useful for scenerio players.

You have a link to the Autococker version? I haven't heard about that one.

Top Secret
08-23-2003, 12:30 PM
http://www.armyoforr.com/vftactical.html

The VF Tactical

FutureMagOwner
08-23-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by nuclear zombie

i havent read up on what is going on recently but from the last 1 million licensing fee and then charge for each gun id have to say in all likely hood no.

PRPB
08-23-2003, 02:05 PM
Finally, ULE bodied emags and RTpros . Will the price increase with the ULE mags?

Yeah I also would like to know if there would be an increase in price.

vf-xx
08-23-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Top Secret
http://www.armyoforr.com/vftactical.html

The VF Tactical

Thanks. The mag scenerio body I saw will be much better than that. I have to admit that's the best cocker body/set up I've seen yet.

alkafluence
08-23-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by damageinc54

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you took the words right out of my mouth, damage. Of all the things in Tom's post, that stuck out like a sore thumb.

I hope that you have already begun proceedings to find a backup supplier if this falls through. I don't consider myself qualified to offer business suggestions, but that is just my common $.02 (heh a pun)

shinobidice
08-23-2003, 06:16 PM
ooo thanks for the update.. now i NEED a job cause 14 year old's normally dont have much money to spend wehn they dont have a job, all these neat new things cost money (duh) and im in short supply ;) any news about that colored x valves? id like a matching ULE+Xvalve and of course get the ULT and have the luxury of the LX.

That scenerio body sounds neat, as well as the "new sluggo milling" or whatever he said, as well as the rail. Definitely mags are losing the grey tube ugly marker stereotype :) Good Job TK and all of the AGD staff and anyone else that helps

Top Secret
08-23-2003, 10:51 PM
Any idea when any more black ULE Warp bodies will be availible? I'd be willing to buy an unannoed one since I'd be getting my rail milled/reannoed to work with it anyways.

08-23-2003, 11:01 PM
Man I cant wait for my Xmag. It is coming so soon.

DiRTyBuNNy
08-24-2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Top Secret
Any idea when any more black ULE Warp bodies will be availible? I'd be willing to buy an unannoed one since I'd be getting my rail milled/reannoed to work with it anyways.

uuummm...you may not want to do that...with the tolerances as tight as they are on a mag you're only asking for trouble..

lamby
08-24-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by magman007
mowing down MAd cow, Shatner, and i guess if we have to, we can shoot Glenna s well

hey cheater,
Team Mad Cow is ready for you. What team are you on? what circuit do you play?

If what I read is right AGD will not be making a competitive marker in the near future. You going to stick with them? I already bailed.. 2k3 Ir3 for the new primary.. maybe a cocker trade for the emag (it is useless for me except in the woods anyway)

Gadget
08-24-2003, 12:11 PM
If what I read is right AGD will not be making a competitive marker in the near future.

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Jesus, change the record already, your needle seems to be stuck. E's and X's compete fine in tournys, no need to KEEP droning on just cos you can't figure out how to make yours work properly. :rolleyes:

lamby
08-24-2003, 01:10 PM
that is not what I was referring to. It looks as if AGD is looking to go purely mechanical in the future (based only on what I have read here)

The e/x mags can compete if they are not called for known problems. (dead horse) I attacked magman for a PM that he sent me. He told me that I should do what he does and drop the max rate of fire to 6bps and then "adjust my game counter on the field to correct the problem" other AGD tourney users (some sposored) I know also do this, it is not only him. but he is still a cheater and the others that do this are too.

read my last post and his... He attacked me first.

AutomagRT1483
08-24-2003, 01:25 PM
Calm down children, this is a product update post. ;)

That scenario slug going to come in both warp and vert models???

Dayspring
08-24-2003, 07:00 PM
:rolleyes: Yawn...

Originally posted by lamby
that is not what I was referring to. It looks as if AGD is looking to go purely mechanical in the future (based only on what I have read here)

The e/x mags can compete if they are not called for known problems. (dead horse) I attacked magman for a PM that he sent me. He told me that I should do what he does and drop the max rate of fire to 6bps and then "adjust my game counter on the field to correct the problem" other AGD tourney users (some sposored) I know also do this, it is not only him. but he is still a cheater and the others that do this are too.

read my last post and his... He attacked me first.

1stdeadeye
08-24-2003, 07:25 PM
That actually sounds clever. I never even thought about that Magman007!;)

rpm07
08-26-2003, 09:16 PM
Reg seats:)

rdb123
09-06-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by John Sosta, AGD Europe

John

Any news AGD on these new reg seats? ;)

DiRTyBuNNy
09-06-2003, 11:13 PM
any new updates on any of this stuff?

1stdeadeye
09-07-2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by AGD
The original RT trade in of your old body and valve for a new X valve and ULE body is getting finalized this week. I think the price was 325 or so with trade in.
AGD

Is this ready yet for us owners of the R/T Classics?