PDA

View Full Version : Intelifeed vs. halo b?

Thumper33
08-22-2003, 02:16 PM
Yes, it's true, I'm a newbie...

But I do have a question:

I just bought an Automag RT and need to get a hopper for it. It seems that a lot of people choose to do the 12v revvie with an inteliframe. It would cost less in the long run to just do a halo b and it would feed faster. Is there something I'm missing?

Recon by Fire
08-22-2003, 03:12 PM
No, some people just don't like Halo B's. BTW the Halo B will cost much more than a 12v Revy with intellifeed.

Thumper33
08-22-2003, 03:28 PM
Maybe I'm not looking at the right things here, but from what I can see:

Halo b: $120

Intelliframe: $110
12v rev: $55

It looks like the halo b is a lot cheaper and you can use it on your next gun if you decide to change.

I'm not trying to put down the revvie or the intelliframe, it just seems that you can get faster loads for less money with the halo b, but nobody seems to do the halo. This is why I'm asking.

Mike

Dayspring
08-22-2003, 03:34 PM
I run the Halo on my warp for my Emag and vert/Warp for my Xmag and Eblade.

LOVE the Halo. HATE cleaning the Halo...

Recon by Fire
08-22-2003, 03:36 PM
I was assuming the intelliframe was already included. Yeah, with purhcasing the intelliframe too, that definately makes it a more expensive choice!

Personally, after using my Halo B, I don't think I would ever go back to a Revy again.

rikkter
08-23-2003, 11:54 AM
if you intelli a revvy, its still gravity fed, but the halo is force. you'll get about twice the feeding rate with a halo vs a revvy even with it intellied.

Thumper33
08-25-2003, 12:25 AM
Ok, I think I've decided that I'm going to get an elcd or hyperframe instead of the inteliframe.

I also am now thinking that i'm going to get the evlution II instead of the halo. It's cheaper and should shoot plenty fast right?

Thanks guys!

Mike

rikkter
08-25-2003, 05:03 AM
my evo2 hasn't skipped or given me a single problem yet

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
08-25-2003, 05:59 AM
evolution2 sucks to reload with the spring cover it dosent really stay down too well when reloading but its much cheaper than halo B

rikkter
08-25-2003, 02:26 PM
i took the springs out of my evo2 lid,, they seemed useless, and so far i haven't had a problem with the lid popping open during play either

lloyd_kinky
01-15-2004, 09:18 PM
The Halo does have the constant spring tension on the ballstack, making it IMO better that the EvoII. With the Halo (B of course) the spring is already pushing the ballstack before the eyes can even read the movement. The eyes just keep the paint coming. Yes, the Halo is a bit heavier, and a bit more costly, but with fresh batteries I've seen 17bps with real paint, not just the claim on a box. My buddies EvoII did 15-16 usually, so they are close. The advantage of the Halo is clear on short busrts, not long strings. With that spring stack, the Halo is always ready the go, not matter what the circuit board and motor are doing.

Another personal preferance is how you want the whole rig to balance, the EvoII offers a unique balance among hoppers.

Just my two cents.