PDA

View Full Version : Big explosion in the mag aftermarket

FooTemps
08-22-2003, 05:20 PM
Hahaha, I just realized that AO is experiencing first hand probably the biggest expansion of the mag aftermarket.

We have:
The AGD line of ule bodies, rails, and gripframes
Nicad and Deadlywinds bodies and rails
RogueFactor and his RogueFactor foregrips, rails, and all black gripframes
Jam pumping out ideas for the ule classic rails
Detriot making various rail designs
(that's all I can think of off the top of my head)

There's also things to come like:
the scenario mag body
the "VERY COOL milled slug body" (there isn't a name, wtf was I supposed to do?)
sluggo rails
ule warps

There is one thing in question though. At the time of the release of the xmag, AGD said there was going to be other aftermarket bodies like DYE, KAPP, etc... What happened to that stuff?

GT
08-22-2003, 05:36 PM
only problem is the slew of morons that will envade this board with such questions as:

"is a mag as accurate as a cocker?"

"can a mag shoot more than 5bps?"

"what is the best mag?"

"can you run a mag on NOS?"

there are so many others.

jb

FooTemps
08-22-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by gtrsi
only problem is the slew of morons that will envade this board with such questions as:

"is a mag as accurate as a cocker?"

"can a mag shoot more than 5bps?"

"what is the best mag?"

"can you run a mag on NOS?"

there are so many others.

jb

Those people are called newbies... everyone has to deal with them.

FeuerFri
08-22-2003, 05:53 PM
thats when you tell them yes. you can run a mag off of nos. but make sure it is one of the 150hp shots and not on of those lil crappy tanks.

Automaggin2
08-22-2003, 05:55 PM
The aftermarket value of mags has gone up alot in the past few months. People with ULE Xvalved mags are trading for Angels and Ebladed cockers! Mags are gaining ground. At PSP Philly, I saw a number of teams using mags, especially Xmags.

Darkstorm
08-22-2003, 06:44 PM
"
the scenario mag body
"

Care to Humm a few more bars of this tune????

FooTemps
08-22-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Darkstorm
"
the scenario mag body
"

Care to Humm a few more bars of this tune????

lol, that's all AGD gave us to go on...

SomebodySomeoneRTPcf
08-22-2003, 08:07 PM
...yes...i don't even know what a SFL body is....IM A NOOB HUH!! HUH?!!!

Skoad
08-22-2003, 11:35 PM
I take my emag out of my bag, first kid comes up..."is that an angel?"

ohh boy....

*ArKfEaR*
08-23-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by FooTemps
Hahaha, I just realized that AO is experiencing first hand probably the biggest expansion of the mag aftermarket.

We have:
The AGD line of ule bodies, rails, and gripframes
Nicad and Deadlywinds bodies and rails
RogueFactor and his RogueFactor foregrips, rails, and all black gripframes
Jam pumping out ideas for the ule classic rails
Detriot making various rail designs
(that's all I can think of off the top of my head)

There's also things to come like:
the scenario mag body
the "VERY COOL milled slug body" (there isn't a name, wtf was I supposed to do?)
sluggo rails
ule warps

There is one thing in question though. At the time of the release of the xmag, AGD said there was going to be other aftermarket bodies like DYE, KAPP, etc... What happened to that stuff?

Now the question is, how many people out of this forum or out of any online forum know this?

Its called mass marketing... one thing AGD doesn't do my little friend.

:(

SIGSays
08-23-2003, 12:53 PM
and then you tell them you made it all in your basement.. and say one and only.. then you really win!

the_next_guy_
08-23-2003, 07:34 PM
kids ask me what my minimag is all the time. And when I tell them they ask me why I didn't just buy a cocker.

Lord_Whoopass
08-24-2003, 12:48 AM
lol I got a better one yet... I have an X-valve in my emag so I get all these people coming up to me and asking me if they can shoot my X-mag... lol well if I get the new dallara body and a CNC battery pack just think of the confusion then... lol

abaez
08-24-2003, 02:52 AM
I have to agree. I've got a ule body, ygrip, and xvalve. So many people have asked me if I have an x or emag. Looking at my "z grip", it's funny when I just tell them its a regular old mag.

Fatjon
08-24-2003, 08:49 AM
LOL but it is the other way around for me. I took out my angel and a kid comes up and says is that a "xmag"

Originally posted by Skoad

ohh boy....

Doc Nickel
08-24-2003, 10:06 AM
You forgot my cool Threaded Barrel Adapters (http://www.docsmachine.com/gear/maggit.html) in that list. :D

Doc.

PSYCHO+LOGICAL
08-24-2003, 01:15 PM
...then there're these kids with cockers with their little 'Mags are for F@gs' jig.

Some people actually tried to discourage me from buying a mag because 'wahh they have zero upgradability', 'mags are heavy', 'mags are ugly. dont get one cuz in the end you will wish you bought a cocker or impulse'.

What it seems nobody realizes is the fact that upgrading a mag is limited only by how much money you have and regardless, all you need is one of the new ULE bodies you will still have one of the lightest, strongest, most reliable markers with the best regulator on the market.

Mags ARE the best platform for upgrading from step one.

The above stuff was just a setup for this little calculation I did after throwing a bunch of random parts together forming a sweet *** setup. These prices are Canadian prices I got off unlikely heros, based in Ontario. The end price is after tax, purchasing everything brand new, and without any deals, so you could probably subtract about 10% or so.

Automag Classic Standard Blast $390
X-VALVE UPGRADE $520
Centerflag Hyperframe (set at 10bps) $420
ULE Body $250
ULE Trigger Pull Kit (im unsure about the ult and
hyperframe combo but whatever) $75
Max Flow 4500psi 68ci System $560
KAPP K2 Drop Zone II $115
SCEPTER Powerlyte Barrel Kit 5 Bore System $300
VL Revolution 12v Black (x-boarded and modified vortex impeller, this is just my thoughts. If you wanted more
than 10bps, get a better hopper. do you really need more
though?) $95
2k3 Sticky's $40
Vertical Bottle Adapter $28
Custom Products Foregrip $30
Custom Products Macroline Kit (why you would ever put macro on a mag..)$20

So to buy all of this stuff new and create one of the sickest setups that can obviously compete with Angels and the like...
You'd be looking at *drum roll please*

$3167.07 after tax.

($2262.19usd)

An extremely high end setup that can shoot 10bps with no chops and no shootdown and can easily be set to fire at over 20bps. Even for half that amount you could make a quality tournament worthy piece.

Do not let anyone convince you to buy a cocker or any other marker for that matter. I have done countless hours of research on both companies. The only interesting fact I found about Autocockers is if you can consistently shortstroke it, chopping every time, you could use it as a 'paint flamethrower'. People will say cockers are better, but heed my words;

Cockers are for Suckers.

(That was a simily.)

Fin.

Jeffy-CanCon
08-25-2003, 02:52 PM
Add in a rail, and you've got your original 'Mag back as a backup to all the upgrade parts!

*ArKfEaR*
08-25-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by PSYCHO+LOGICAL
...then there're these kids with cockers with their little 'Mags are for F@gs' jig.

Some people actually tried to discourage me from buying a mag because 'wahh they have zero upgradability', 'mags are heavy', 'mags are ugly. dont get one cuz in the end you will wish you bought a cocker or impulse'.

What it seems nobody realizes is the fact that upgrading a mag is limited only by how much money you have and regardless, all you need is one of the new ULE bodies you will still have one of the lightest, strongest, most reliable markers with the best regulator on the market.

Mags ARE the best platform for upgrading from step one.

The above stuff was just a setup for this little calculation I did after throwing a bunch of random parts together forming a sweet *** setup. These prices are Canadian prices I got off unlikely heros, based in Ontario. The end price is after tax, purchasing everything brand new, and without any deals, so you could probably subtract about 10% or so.

Automag Classic Standard Blast $390
X-VALVE UPGRADE $520
Centerflag Hyperframe (set at 10bps) $420
ULE Body $250
ULE Trigger Pull Kit (im unsure about the ult and
hyperframe combo but whatever) $75
Max Flow 4500psi 68ci System $560
KAPP K2 Drop Zone II $115
SCEPTER Powerlyte Barrel Kit 5 Bore System $300
VL Revolution 12v Black (x-boarded and modified vortex impeller, this is just my thoughts. If you wanted more
than 10bps, get a better hopper. do you really need more
though?) $95
2k3 Sticky's $40
Vertical Bottle Adapter $28
Custom Products Foregrip $30
Custom Products Macroline Kit (why you would ever put macro on a mag..)$20

So to buy all of this stuff new and create one of the sickest setups that can obviously compete with Angels and the like...
You'd be looking at *drum roll please*

$3167.07 after tax.

($2262.19usd)

An extremely high end setup that can shoot 10bps with no chops and no shootdown and can easily be set to fire at over 20bps. Even for half that amount you could make a quality tournament worthy piece.

Do not let anyone convince you to buy a cocker or any other marker for that matter. I have done countless hours of research on both companies. The only interesting fact I found about Autocockers is if you can consistently shortstroke it, chopping every time, you could use it as a 'paint flamethrower'. People will say cockers are better, but heed my words;

Cockers are for Suckers.

(That was a simily.)

Fin.

No. :rolleyes:

I'm going to simply put this, next time you go play paintball.

If you ever start a conversation with a person, or per say you see a person with mag. Ask them if they know any of these upgrades because I always look like an idiot trying to help kids with mags. They never heard of half of this stuff, also no store owners carry these parts. A store owner im kinda cool with stocks no mag parts, he has ANS Foamie bolts and mag parts kits. I was like bro why dont you carry LV 10, he said because not once has someone came in here askin for mag parts :eek:. Anyway, like i said outside of this forum most people never heard of sluggo bodies, ULT, x-valves, etc etc etc etc. Its real sad too...

PS: you cant put stickys on a hyperframe... and you wont feel a difference with ULT on a hyperframe.

micromag98c
08-25-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Skoad

ohh boy....
well i used to have a tippman 98c with a flatline barrel and when i bought my micromag i brought it to my field pulled it out and this semi newb asked me how i made my tippmann look like that