PDA

View Full Version : guess what i saw at wonderful walmart...

FreakBaller12
08-22-2003, 07:53 PM
i found a full mask, i mean back of the head too, it's a big chunk fo plastic,i guess it's pretty good for newbs and all if they are scared. But that is what hats and Bunkerking wraps are for.

Smokee_2_7
08-22-2003, 08:48 PM
I had a kid out playing today that had one on.

Peraonally, i think they are a good idea. I wouldnt mind having these things on all my rental goggles. Let's face it: taking a shot on the head hurts. Especially for new players. I say give them the head guard- - - wether or not they want to keep using it when they buy their own equipment is up to them.

Carl

rpm07
08-22-2003, 09:07 PM
I think it is a great idea for new players. And hell ya head shots hurt

68magOwner
08-22-2003, 09:17 PM
i saw it too, looked kind-a funny to me, guess just because its different to what im used too, but i do agree its a preety good idea

BobTheCow
08-22-2003, 09:30 PM
lol yeah I saw one of those at a Super Wal-Mart a few weeks ago, JT makes 'em I think... the only word that came to mind was "different"... and by different I mean "ugly." But if it works, it works. Anything to attract newbies to the sport, or keep the old-timers playing ( ;) ), can't be dissed too harshly.

50 cal
08-22-2003, 09:31 PM
More n00bs would keep playing if these were offered as standard equipment for rentals.

I know it would be a pretty good outlay of funds for field owners, but they would make it back in return business.

SpongeBobSquarePants
08-22-2003, 09:48 PM
I saw them in a magizine a while ago, great idea. Lets face it shots in the top of the head hurt even for the very experinced. Will it catch on for all the players out there now? I highly doubt it.

dinger
08-22-2003, 10:30 PM
i saw this korean dude wearing that when i palyed pb last sunday.. he had a m98 sniper with a remote to a little tank in this tiny backpack.

Torbo
08-22-2003, 10:43 PM
yea, a kid at my field wears one. Guess it makes sense, the first time he played, a month ago, he was renting and got drilled in the top of the head. Basically i would never wear one, but its a great idea for people just starting out.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
08-22-2003, 11:01 PM
I would never give up my stylish IZE for more protection. :)

Wc Keep
08-23-2003, 01:18 AM
what were you doing shopping for paint at walmart?

Stotic
08-23-2003, 02:16 AM
The first question that should of been asked.

I'm already hot as hell in my Spectra. I don't see this helping unless I install my own central air in the big thing. I have to sneek a look at this mask. ::thinks darth vadar:: Ok maybe not that bulky...

magmonkey
08-23-2003, 06:54 AM
we were talking with Tom at the mega meet about these, and I guess the reason why they are making these masks is that a player with a brain anurism (sp) was bunkered in the back of the head, he walked off the field and didn't feel well so he went home, a little while later he was not able to make any sense when he spoke, he went to the hospital and died. so I guess the plastic in the back of the mask is a good idea.

FreakBaller12
08-23-2003, 09:22 AM
what were you doing shopping for paint at walmart?

in my own defense, my friend popped a bike tube and we went to go get another, we were on our way riding our bikes to paintball depot(like 2 miles away from me)

but in wal-mart's defense, they had some RP premiums there the other day

oh lol, my friend got hit bare about 20 feet away with blue streak, not even a red mark or welt(kid was shooting a lil hot i think(woodsball))

Lohman446
08-23-2003, 09:44 AM
Just a note here, I wear jeans and a t-shirt when I play.

All JT has to say is that these masks promote bouncers and everyone will run out and buy one for at their next big tournament (I wear V-force Morph and us a Ricochet hopper so I'm guilty)... what has the sport come to when our gear is designed to make it harder to eliminate someone with one shot... can anyone say overshooting?

Wc Keep
08-23-2003, 10:14 AM
flex 7's promote bouncing yet you still see people getting eliminated ith one shot into the mouth piece.

Mango
08-23-2003, 11:24 AM
If you ever play with Creative_Mayhem, you should get one of those. He likes to shoot players on his own team in the back of the head. :p

Sparq
08-23-2003, 11:29 AM
Well, it works both ways...I've had close range bounces off kneecaps and mask (Raven NVX), and I've had long range breaks on a fold of my jersey. I suppose a full head mask is a good idea, but like the JT and ER chest protectors, I doubt it'll catch on. Sure it can hurt, and full head protection might be a good idea for starter packages and rentals...but that's about it.

FalconGuy016
08-23-2003, 01:22 PM
Ive been shot in the head from my teammate maybe ten feet away. I mean, it hurt, but... nothing like being bunkered or anything worth mentioning. Oh well, whatever suits the person and gets people to play paintball :)

SyntaxError
08-23-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by toyotaboy12

in my own defense, my friend popped a bike tube and we went to go get another, we were on our way riding our bikes to paintball depot(like 2 miles away from me)

Paintball Depot??? Go back to walmart dude, PD is garbage.

-=Squid=-
08-23-2003, 02:45 PM
Cmon, PICS!

FreakBaller12
08-23-2003, 03:44 PM
dont worry i dotn buy anythign at depot
i get my air fileld that's it
i usualyl get my paint online
but i do admit they have soem nice white box at depot

Grayso
08-23-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Wc Keep
flex 7's promote bouncing yet you still see people getting eliminated ith one shot into the mouth piece.

Yeah. They're made to prevent breaks. Not to eliminate them completely.

Actaully I played today and had bounces off my mask in two separate games.

Warewolf50
08-23-2003, 10:25 PM
Well when i was playin rec the other day on a small speedball field. There was this guy,who was just shottin his angel all over the place, in a bunker about 5 feet from my binker shot me in the back of the head twice, and in the back 3 times.